MrMog

Youtuber Connor Murphy talks about enlightenment and seems really confused

36 posts in this topic

From what I gathered from this situation, Connor Murphy is a NHL player. He made lots of Chad videos showing off his body with girls. But he realized good looks, money, and fame and power were unfulfilling and fleeting. So decided to take some shamanic drugs. Had a spiritual awakening. Died and was reborn. Now people are just gonna talk crap about him and gaslight him, but that's fine because people talking crap about him and downplaying what he went through will only reinforce his belief that he's on the right path.

My tip to society as a whole: Keep on judging, acting superior to everyone else, hating, and being toxic and negative, boys. It only serves to more quickly awaken more people to the divine within themselves.

Edited by Oyashiro

Apparently he was put into a psych ward... what he experienced after isn't entirely uncommon when people go to these ceremonies. They will drink once or twice, surface some trauma/energy and won't have the opportunity to ground out what came up with another ceremony so they start to go crazy. makes for a tough integration period. He still seems a bit ungrounded but he will be fine, probably doing really well in some time. 

Edited by Lyubov

6 hours ago, Oyashiro said:

From what I gathered from this situation, Connor Murphy is a NHL player. He made lots of Chad videos showing off his body with girls. But he realized good looks, money, and fame and power were unfulfilling and fleeting. So decided to take some shamanic drugs. Had a spiritual awakening. Died and was reborn. Now people are just gonna talk crap about him and gaslight him, but that's fine because people talking crap about him and downplaying what he went through will only reinforce his belief that he's on the right path.

My tip to society as a whole: Keep on judging, acting superior to everyone else, hating, and being toxic and negative, boys. It only serves to more quickly awaken more people to the divine within themselves.

THIS. 

@Member Well, dude does one ayahuasca session and now convinced that he's found the ultimate truth and needs to save everybody on the planet. I'm not saying this is wrong or anything, in fact, it's much-much better than his usual orange shenanigans. I'm just saying that he's not really into the position where can teach enlightenment/spirituality authentically with these overdramatic youtube videos. The way I look at it, this guy is pretty much the definition of spiritual ego.

13 minutes ago, nistake said:

@Member Well, dude does one ayahuasca session and now convinced that he's found the ultimate truth and needs to save everybody on the planet. I'm not saying this is wrong or anything, in fact, it's much-much better than his usual orange shenanigans. I'm just saying that he's not really into the position where can teach enlightenment/spirituality authentically with these overdramatic youtube videos. The way I look at it, this guy is pretty much the definition of spiritual ego.

He is just overexcited and innocent, imo. To me, he looks like a honest and good guy. This is normal when you first time discover deep truths as you feel like the mysteries of the universe have been unraveled in front of you, so you may wish to share your treasure with everyone. Don't be so judgemental, no one is perfect at the beginning of the spiritual path. He has all the time to improve his speech and mood ?

Edited by Member

13 hours ago, sausagehead said:

What are your guys thoughts on his newest video? Anyone here experience awakening and can relate to this?

Finally, Leo stopped changing his shirt colors and made a video shirtless. 

The joke is on you guys, there was never any shirt. :D

@Member Yeah, I guess you're right. Hopefully he'll stay on the spiritual path. He already has a huge viewer base, so maybe he'll be able to influence lots of people in a good way.

@nistake Honestly, the amount of hate he gets is sickening to the stomach. I think he might need a mentor like Leo and perhaps someone should invite him on this forum so that he can learn more. There is this cliche that if you have a breakthrough, you should be a zen master but that's not how spirituality works. It is always a work in progress.

Edited by Member

To be fair, I was pretty similiar when I first discovered this stuff, but I was also abusing substances. He seems to have some trouble handling it for now, but I believe he will calm down a bit over time.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 hours ago, Oyashiro said:

Haha this is on point <3

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

4 hours ago, nistake said:

Now that's a prime example of spiritual ego :D

What is the difference between "a spiritual ego" and "a person who is "actually" enligthened" ??

What do you mean by "spiritual ego" ? Is it a real "thing" ??

What do you mean by "awakening", "enlightenment", "an enligthened man/woman" ???

Think
Think
Think
Then think some more.
Keep being open for God's sake.
Think more.
A bit more.
...then proceed to take psychedelics and get your tower of toy bricks shattered to nothing. 

(tower of toy bricks is my own lille metaphor for all your thoughts/ideas/concepts/beliefs about what Reality is. (Hint: You have no actual clue in the grand scheme of things. Of course your own limited selfish conditioned point-of-view is real enough and Divine enough in its own right. It's God. You're God. So yeah, no rush. Keep expanding that consciousness of yours though <3))

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.