trenton

Methods for becoming a millionaire

69 posts in this topic

I noticed that the possibility of me being a millionaire feels unrealistic to me because I currently have an associate degree from a community in college in general studies.  My direct experience tells me that right now I am working at a grocery store for very low pay.  One reason I would want to become a millionaire is so that I can afford all of these retreats, travel around the world, or see if psychedelics actually do verify the existence of God where they are legal.  I am not attached to money, but my growth is seriously limited if my life is limited to my local area.  It is limiting my happiness and fulfillment, which is why money is a resource I may need to leverage in order seek truth.

Travelling is one of the major things I want to be able to do, but I can't realistically save enough by bagging groceries.  What sources would you use?

@trenton This is the wrong way to go about it, and it's kind of just wishful thinking. Nobody becomes a millionaire by wanting to become a millionaire. Those that are millionaires have a purpose, a will to create something they love, and before you know it all of a sudden you're a millionaire and you don't even care anymore because you love your job so much. 

You need to find a passion first. And believe me, you have to really search for what you want, it's not easy by any means. Psychedelics will show you the magnitude of god's love and imagination, after seeing that, you'll believe you can achieve anything since the highest human achievement are like a speck of dust to god. 

If you can't get hold of psychedelics you need to contemplate more.

This life is a dream, and you can take control and create whatever you want. If you were dreaming one night and realized it, would you continue going to work and live a normal life? Fuck no! You would do whatever you'd want. 

Love is the answer to everything. Everything you've ever seen was made out of love, when you realize this you'll realize the creative power that comes from loving your work. :)

Starting a biz is the surest way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

- Facing your greatest fears.

- Letting go of deeply cherished beliefs.

- Accepting and taking rejection, mockery, exclusion and bullying.

- Letting go of loved ones such as wives and family and friends.

- Deep motivation

- Optimism, open mindedness "I can and will no matter what" attitude.

- Developing skills.

You need all of them to be successful. Brace for it, its gonna get very rough. 

@trenton On a serious note now - by doing 1) what you love, 2) what you're good at, and 3) what will bring you good income/high consumer demand.

@fridjonk Thank you.  I felt like I was doing something wrong, but I did not what.  I love writing, and I could write book.  I don't mean to be wrong, but I may not get to be a millionaire this way.

The reason I love writing is because it helps me to understand myself.  College courses don't really help me do that as much, but going back to major in business could be something I'm not really passionate about, but there is the pay off of I get used to it, and become passionate.

10 minutes ago, trenton said:

I don't mean to be wrong, but I may not get to be a millionaire this way.

You'll forget about this idea of having to become a millionaire if you really love writing. And you can definitely become a millionaire by writing, you can't set the bar this low for excellence. You could become as talented and wealthy as Stephen King if you love it enough. I'm not saying you have to aim that high, but if the skies the limit, and you really shoot for it, even if you fail,  you'll only be worth 10 million instead of 500. ;)

Here is a great example of mastery. Give it a listen, I'd bet this will motivate you. 

@Humanoid Dude, how the hell is a guy working at a grocery store supposed to become a doctor or a lawyer???

Doctors and lawyers make that much because they invested 8 years in expensive schools and have a ton of student debt to pay off for a decade.

The statistics on anyone becoming a millionaire are gonna be low, by definition, because millionaires must be rare in society. When you say you want to become a millionaire you are automatically shooting for the top 2-3% of society. Yeah, that's gonna have a high failure rate because you gotta out-compete the other 98%.

But it's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of working smart and really really wanting it. If you really really want it, you can do it. The problem is most people don't want it bad enough. They aren't willing to work for it. The failure rate is so high because most people who attempt it are just bullshitters. They aren't serious.

21 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Great perspective @Leo Gura, I agree with you that becoming a millionaire is a matter of working smart and really really wanting it. I actually had a number of doctors with me in residency training who we're working in Burger king and delivering pizza while going through pre-med and medical school. One of those doctors who was in training with me, used to work in fast food chains cleaning tables, she's now a successful family doctor in her early 30s, happily owns her dream house in the countryside, has wisely paid off a significant amount of her student loans and is on the track to become a millionaire! I've personally met many doctors who used to work minimum wage jobs to get themselves through college. Another doctor I met was a Biology teacher getting paid slave wage as a schoolteacher, who decided to go through medical school in his late 40s and become a doctor. He's now making 10x what he made as a teacher and added another 0 to his annual income.

All these doctors from various backgrounds proved to me that one can become a doctor regardless of what minimum wage job they're currently working.

P.S. I love you soo much 

Fair enough. I guess if you really want it you can do it.

But it strikes me as odd that someone would become a doctor in order to become wealthy. There are easier ways. Being a doctor should be a career of passion, something you're really drawn towards naturally, otherwise I don't know how you'll keep that up. Business is more flexible. You can start many kinds of different businesses. Being a doctor is a very specific career for a very specific kind of person.

But of course it's possible to become a millionaire simply by getting a six-figure high-skill career. I guess I'm biased towards business because then your earning potential is unlimited. It's hard to earn $10 mil as even a great doctor. But it's relatively easy in business.

But be careful that in making your million you don't sell your soul to the devil.

It's relatively easy to make a million.

It's much harder to do it without resorting to devilry.

Most millionaires are devils.

@Humanoid Making 100-300k$ a year with your job is not a definition of a millionaire. Millionaire is someone who makes 1m$\Year, it's not just saving up a million into your bank account, lol. By that logic, 90% of USA can be millionaires by simple means of saving up and waiting for 10-50 years until savings grow to 1m. It's clearly not just about doing that.

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia Technically a millionaire is someone with a net worth of $1 mil+

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hello from Russia Technically a millionaire is someone with a net worth of $1 mil+

Oh yes, this is an actual definition from WIkipedia.

I just am personally biased on pursuing business rather than working on some job with upper limit and waiting for 10-30 years. For this amount of time and effort it's not that much big of a return, imo. And I'd make an argument that it is even riskier and more stressful\unfulfilling to go about things that way.

But I am probably hugely biosed towards entrepeneurship, and I'm probably a little bit brainwashed my business community in that sense, I just don't believe in having a simple job.

@Hello from Russia I feel ya. There's nothing as satisfying as not having to listen to some idiot boss tell you what to do to make him rich.

Doctors and lawyers are still huge slaves to the systems they must work within.

@Leo Gura

Doctors and lawyers are still huge slaves to the systems they must work within.

What is the alternative? For doctors and lawyers to quit? 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.