Skin-encapsulatedego

Contemplating Peter Ralston's contemplation

64 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Skin-encapsulatedego said:

@Leo GuraAnd does being born spiritually gifted necessitate that you did extensive spiritual work in a previous life? Or is there another contributing factor for why one would be gifted?

There are many factors. Infinite factors. Who you are right now is dependent on an infinite chains of causes which stretch back to the beginning of the universe and beyond.

Simple genetics certainly plays a role. To awaken you had to be born a human and not a kangaroo. That's genetics. And every human has unique genetics. Some humans can add up giant numbers in their mind instantly, faster than a calculator. Why? They have unique wiring for that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What a sly-fox is Consciousness, it literally is imagining the past with its infinite chains of causes ;)

1 minute ago, WHO IS said:

What a sly-fox is Consciousness, it literally is imagining the past with its infinite chains of causes ;)

Yes, but we have to grab a handle on reality somehow to speak about it.

Of course I'm speaking of the past, and of causation, and of genetics as relative things.

@Skin-encapsulatedego I admire your enthusiastic interest but be careful not get caught down a rabbit hole. The most powerful teaching will always be the rawness of your own direct experience.

Try no to romanticise or fixate on teachings but rather observe and investigate your very direct experience.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but we have to grab a handle on reality somehow to speak about it.

Of course I'm speaking of the past, and of causation, and of genetics as relative things.

Then Leo, would You say that Consciousness is bound by whatever imagination process it is imagening in the "now" or it is the other way around?

What am I trying to understand is how does one become so Conscious, that one literally can imagine whatever reality one desires from one's own will. 

We know that each of us is our own central point of existence, from which our reality projects outwards, then the question is how does one get "administrator" access to the process of imagination and start to imagine reality 100%, however, one wills. 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But seriously.

Reality is only one thing.

LOVE

You will not find a higher realization.

when i ask the question why? i end up at love

when i ask the question what? i end up at truth

when i ask why is truth? i end up at love

when i ask what is love? i end up at truth

when i ask who is aware of all of that? i end up at consciousness 

so eventually the highest realization is a strange loop in the shape of trinity b cuz this strange loop is truth and love and consciousness 

?

Ralston explains why he does not use the word love in this interview with Leo

Edited by ArchangelG

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many factors. Infinite factors. Who you are right now is dependent on an infinite chains of causes which stretch back to the beginning of the universe and beyond.

Simple genetics certainly plays a role. To awaken you had to be born a human and not a kangaroo. That's genetics. And every human has unique genetics. Some humans can add up giant numbers in their mind instantly, faster than a calculator. Why? They have unique wiring for that.

@Skin-encapsulatedego this is absolutely true i would add that we shouldnt limit our self by believing we have bad low conscious previous lives. its absolutely crucial to be aware of this trap as it can be limiting to our growth and understanding especially that it could be stemming from victim mindsets 

10 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Then Leo, would You say that Consciousness is bound by whatever imagination process it is imagening in the "now" or it is the other way around?

Whatever is happening is being imagined. If imagination stops then it's like turning off the TV. Then consciousness is at rest as Nothingness.

He considers love an experience, and not synonomous to infinte consciousness which it generally is in the spiritual community

So... it should be possible to become so Conscious that one can turn "reality" into a lucid dream?

39 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

What am I trying to understand is how does one become so Conscious, that one literally can imagine whatever reality one desires from one's own will. 

You are doing that now, but unconsciously. You create what you unconsciously imagine, that's why you suffer. Just know what you want. xD 

33 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Love: Am I joke to you now? xD

How should I put this...

31 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

So... it should be possible to become so Conscious that one can turn "reality" into a lucid dream?

If you become conscious enough you will realize God is a tautology and reality cannot be anything other than what it is. It is already optimized for Love so there's nothing you need to do but surrender to that, rather than trying to manipulate it to suit your ego.

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

Sorry, my mistake, I meant, given that you've studied many teachers and probably have met many serious seekers of Truth, from which some have this and some don't, what do you think would help such a talented person to stop assuming stuff and become more mature in their communication?

i would say experiencing contrasting states of low concentration and such and also talking about things and experiences with other ppl. the latter will make u realize where u have special abilities as u notice others lagging behind and also u can see where ur lagging behind others when u listen and speak

so #1 contrast and #2 socializing whilst being authentic and vulnerable especially with authentic and vulnerable ppl who share ur interests 

Edited by The observer

2 hours ago, Skin-encapsulatedego said:

inquiry considered an advanced technique in other circles, usually only attempted when one has become advanced at mindfulness (given that Ralston refers to his "Who am I?" question as a basic preliminary facet, with direct experience achieved after far less work)?  I ask

When self inquiring, and such thoughts arise on your behalf (advanced technique, other circles, only when one has become advanced, work, etc)...the idea is to let all such arising thoughts go. It’s all self defeating with respect to the intent of the practice. Love doesn’t know any of those things about you. These are conditions obscuring your unconditional self, the very thoughts to let go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever is happening is being imagined. If imagination stops then it's like turning off the TV. Then consciousness is at rest as Nothingness.

How do we know if imagination doesn't just stop forever after death? Or in other words, consciousness stops imaging.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

10 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

How do we know if imagination doesn't just stop forever after death? Or in other words, consciousness stops imaging.

Consciousness is simultaneously imagining nothing and everything. It's an endless cycle. Like a fountain of imagination.

It has no end or beginning. So it cannot stop. "Stopping" is a dualistic notion.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness is simultaneously imagining nothing and everything. It's an endless cycle. Like a fountain of imagination.

It has no end or beginning. So it cannot stop. "Stopping" is a dualistic notion.

I partially agree with you, but how come does it emanating both nothing and everything?. Can we exist in both phases at the same time, without physically losing one's body and without entering momentary God-consciousness (through psychedelics)?

is that mean Consciousness is operating from superposition kinda mechanism?.