Rasheed

Good book for Bodyweight Training?

11 posts in this topic

Is there a book which will explain how bodyweight training works and how to progress from starting as a beginner. Calisthenics basically. No equipment. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Hi sir, there are many but I think the reason you're looking for resources is to avoid actually exercising. All you really need are pullups and burpees. Just make every muscle group hurt. Micromanaging will bring more results but the difference is tiny I think so I wouldn't really spend too much time worrying about what the best workout is.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Rasheed I have purchased this book but never used it much cause I prefer apps ..

I hope this helps

100 Bodyweight Circuits for Strength, Fitness and Conditioning By Stephen Robson.

I have go e through the book though and it's pretty good, maybe I will use this in addition to the app I use, thank you very much because your questions reminded me of my resource ..

This is all you need. You rest when you feel like it, but the "goal" is to get to the point where you don't rest at all. 

You do it every day, the same exact workout.

You'll notice a difference within a week or two. :)

I like the Convict Conditioning series, particularly for its almost encyclopaedic nature of anecodotal calisthenics wisdom (I love all that anecdotal, experiential stuff, it makes great fuel for self-experimentation I find). The program in the initial book is quite basic and fundamental too, for someone starting out with bodyweight.
Solitary Fitness by Charles Bronson  is more entertaining than anything else, but it does get you motivated.  

Edited by topazann

You don't need a book. There is enough information on the internet. Go to Youtube and type in Crhis Heria or THENX! He is the best calistehnics-dude out there. He also got an app where you can follow calisthenics work-outs from beginner to advanced.

To train most effectivly at home with bodyweight, you should at least get a pull-up bar and/or rings. Otherwise it won't be possible to train you back effectively. I would also recommend buying dumbbells.

Chris Heria is great! 
It really depends on your level of understanding of the human body really.

The only thing people are doing wrong when it comes to exercise, is that they are hurting themselves.

And they do it because they repeat faulty movement patterns over and over again, or they break weak structures,

such as the ankles, wrists, because they overload or not warm them up /stretch. 

Soooo that would be the basics.

Hit me up if you need help !

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@fridjonk This was exactly the type of daily training I was looking for. I already have some elements but this helps fill in some gaps. Thanks for sharing this video

Check out buff dudes on YouTube. They have a great bodybuilding book and tons of videos to go with it, with and without any equipment.