28 cm unbuffed

Break from self-development

13 posts in this topic

Dude, in three years I healed all of my shadows and reached spiritual awakening,

I have a strict daily routine, I am exercising, reading, meditating every day, have a clean diet. I really need some fucking break, read above please, how to go about it, without losing the progress?

After reading a couple of your posts, seems like you are going through a turmoil. 

Take a break for a month. It will help your energy levels to come back to original. 

Nothing wrong with taking a break. 

In fact it will give you the rest you need. 

You can't do self development all the time. 

Go have fun. Walk in nature. Listen to music. Eat whatever you like. You won't get fat. Have a party with friends. 

Get out of the boredom. Get fresh air and do new interesting stuff. 

Try painting. Seems like you are a creative person. 

Or go for long long rides. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You're tired? Rest.

Is it really going to be a regress if you stop doing those things? In the long run? You'll probably learn something. How shitty it feels to eat shitty food. How tired you can feel when not exercising. Losing some of that knowledge by not reading. Feeling stupid af.  Or maybe you'll only lose your progress.

You said you had some spiritual awakening. Nice. Applying your realizations: what are you really losing if you stop?

Maybe this is spiritual bypass bullshit. You decide.

Edited by Espaim

@28 cm unbuffed I personally found a way to make personal development extremely enjoyable, maybe you should do the same. Figure out what you want and find exercises that suit you to get you there. Personal development shouldnt be a chore but rather should be something you enjoy and love.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

@28 cm unbuffed Yeah taking a break and optimizing rest might be a good idea. You deserve it hahahahaha

Careful w/ overworking past the peak sweet spot. You might hit burnout. 

Also make sure your getting a net gain in terms of enjoyment (fulfillment, happiness, pleasure, life satisfaction, etc). Personal development shoudln't just be self-indcued suffering with no reward in the future.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

I completely think it is a good idea.

Self-development is not supposed to be a grim duty.

I often take breaks from my affirmations and visualization habits. I tend to get quite neurotic sometimes, so I end up doing way too much. And instead of helping me, it actually makes me feel more stressed and confused. So then, I take a break. It might last a few days or a few weeks.

In your case, because you've been working on yourself so diligently for 3 years, I think it would actually be an interesting challenge to not do any personal develoment work for like a month. I had a moment of my life where I was addicted to PD, and I simply couldn't stop it.

6 hours ago, IJB063 said:

There are no breaks

Shut up.

one day this will all be memories

@28 cm unbuffed Learn to gamify it. Flip it on it's head.

Besides is there anything better to do?

hrhrhtewgfegege

12 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Dude, in three years I healed all of my shadows and reached spiritual awakening,

I have a strict daily routine, I am exercising, reading, meditating every day, have a clean diet. I really need some fucking break, read above please, how to go about it, without losing the progress?

I think taking a break is part of the progress. Gives you space to integrate and recharge. 

Don’t even know if the experience I had was enlightenment or not. Please help. Lol