Mada_

Eating when hungry

12 posts in this topic

Yesterday I tried waiting until I was hungry to eat, usually I have three substantial meals.

I am 6'3 and 19 years old.

I ended up eating a moderate sized salad with lots of quinoa and two eggs in the late afternoon. With a couple bananas for dinner and a few hand fulls of almonds.

Is it healthy to wait until your body asks for food, do you give it three meals based on some theory and experience of consequences?

@Mada_ I think eating when hungry is the right thing to do, otherwise you're just eating for the sake of eating. Your body probably knows what it's doing. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I think the more often you eat, the more often you're spiking insulin and the worse for your health but it is certainly not a big deal at 19 and it's much better than undereating. It'd probably be optimal to restrict your eating window, the hunger would go away pretty fast but don't do it if it's unsustainable.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

On 4/11/2020 at 2:49 AM, Mada_ said:

Is it healthy to wait until your body asks for food, do you give it three meals based on some theory and experience of consequences?

oh yes. culture feeds us many beliefs we don't think to question. you'd be amazed how little you can thrive on, especially if you meditate, clean up your system (body) and diet, not to mention change your beliefs or let them go. I often eat one small meal a day, often just fruits. A raw diet gives me the highest energy and sticking to fruit/juice until later in the day proves to give me the most if not, all the health benefits of a full functioning sewer system (lymphatic system) 

the less you eat and detoxify the body, the more you learn about food combining. Hunger actually comes from your gut bacteria which is dictated by food choices as it is said they feed off that eliminative Waste 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows Man if you feel great I support you but make sure you're at least getting your blood tested for vitamins, minerals and hormones. You know more about your diet than I do but it seems unsustainable and could bring serious health issues if you're not careful.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

I think one or two meals eaten close to each other In a day is enough, you are more productive and feeling more fresh. If you`re only eating all day like those gym obsessed people, all the energy goes into you stomach all the time. 

5 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

@DrewNows Man if you feel great I support you but make sure you're at least getting your blood tested for vitamins, minerals and hormones. You know more about your diet than I do but it seems unsustainable and could bring serious health issues if you're not careful.

agree, some blood tests and stuff from time to time are a good sign that you don`t drift away.

@Villager Albert @Alexop @DrewNows @Osaid @Sambodhi Thank you all for your replies. I feel like I am becoming more in tune with my body, thoughout the day I just close my eyes and check the state that it is in.

The meals I do make, I make sure are really really balanced and high calorie e.g. Salmon, quinoa and stacks of veggies, with peanut butter and olive oil for dressing. And if I am feeling like fruit, my smoothies have lots of pea protein in them. 

I'll make sure to get some blood tests when these Covid-19 schennanigans calm down.

I've been trying out intermittent fasting these past weeks and honestly it's a game changer, I realised how much I would usually snack or eat for no reason without necessarily being hungry. Ive been doing 18h fasting with a 6h frame where I can eat as much healthy food as I feel like :)  Also been using an app called "zero" to track down the hours which is very handy

On 4/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, Sambodhi said:

EAT when you are HUNGRY

SLEEP when you are SLEEPY

These are my principles of life. :D

Careful with undereating. There's a trap there. Your body may develop a mechanism thinking that there's famine and it will trigger you to overeat. This won't happen overnight. And not everyone will develop it, but a lot of people who binge eat were dieting at first. So be careful with too little calories. 
Other question is whether you eat quality foods. As long as you don't eat crap and eat healthy stuff but enough of it, you are going to be fine, having good health and in good shape. Eating just fruits is not enough. And making any dietary changes is in general very dangerous if done for long periods of time. I've done this mistake and let me tell you it's not funny.
Educate yourself on this and do not undereat. Especially if you are so young.