PlayTheGame

I don’t understand the concept of “imaginary”

21 posts in this topic

Imaginary in the relative sense make sense. As in, a dog we cant think of, but it also exist in actuality. But a dragon we can only think of, we’ve never seen one. So a dog is real and a dragon is imaginary.

But Leo said there is nothing which is not imaginary in the absolute sense. But since imaginary-non imaginary is a duality, and everything is imaginary, why not just call everything real? Is everything is imaginary there is nothing non-imaginary to counter it in the first place, so why even call all that exists imaginary?

Edited by PlayTheGame
Spelling mistake

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

What qualifications should an experience meet to determine whether it be imaginary or real?

@cetus56 Lol now i’m even more confused.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

@Nahm then why use the word “imagination” at all, and not just creation or existence?

-Nikola Tesla

A thing cannot exist unless it is conceived by and held within Consciousness.

As you imagine a dragon, God imagines a human.

Calling it imagary tells you that the world is a mental construction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@PlayTheGame Is a scene played on the screen real or imaginary? It's 'real' to the characters in the movie, however to the clear screen it's not. The screen isn't telling the story, the story is imagined by the characters.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A thing cannot exist unless it is conceived by and held within Consciousness.

As you imagine a dragon, God imagines a human.

Calling it imagary tells you that the world is a mental construction.

In other words, if I’m not conscious of it, it ain’t there, period? 

15 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

In other words, if I’m not conscious of it, it ain’t there, period? 

Yes

You ARE it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

So let me get this straight. Everything I have ever seen in life is a product of my imagination? And since there is no self it's the imagination of god? That video about reality was the most amazing thing I had ever heard in these 18 years on the earth. Brought me to tears.

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Leo GuraThat's really amazing. I didn't really believe it at the beginning. So I decided I want to see how reality is imagination too. I been mediating for two years. Trying to everyday. Probably missed 20 days or so though. One night when I had been meditating for an hour so my mind seemed very calm, then I started doing your self-inquiry technique. After I opened my eyes there was this shadow on the wall. Something seemed off about. So I started just staring at it. And the shadow was morphing. It wasn't that much, but it was. I thought I was hallucinating or something. So i kept looking at it and it was. That was the moment and I remember thinking to myself "leo is right. This all is just a dream." Ever since then I've been interested what reality really is. It's so mysterious. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin I think you just got this on an intellectual level. If you would got this on deep subconscious level you would be in big fear of loosing your mind. Your ego would not want this to be true

19 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@diamondpenguin I think you just got this on an intellectual level. If you would got this on deep subconscious level you would be in big fear of loosing your mind. Your ego would not want this to be true

Heheh...I remember the second time I listened to Leo´s video "What is Reality". Because by the first time I have watched, I´ve never lost a self yet, but this second time was different. I was just coming down of a radical re-contextualization of life, and I put the video to try to ground myself (my ego) in some "logic". I remember the exact time, it was at the beginning when he says "Well, the answer is extremely threatening to your life", it´s when I actually felt real fear inside me, because I knew it was true. 

It is for the better though, although at first for the ego of course Truth are really bad news.

13 hours ago, cetus56 said:

What qualifications should an experience meet to determine whether it be imaginary or real?

Imaginary is conceptualization of the mind. 
Real is actual experience happening without any labels of the mind. 

These are the definitions I came and up with that make sense to  me.

Is it easier to grasp if I tell you physicality is part of the dream, that touching something and perceiving it as solid is part of the trick? 

@diamondpenguin

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

This is not actually so.  There is no ego to begin with.  There is no so called intellectual or subconscious level/s.  There is even no fear or mind.  Imagine that.