Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brivido

"You are inside yourself" Strange Loop Video

12 posts in this topic

One of the best strange loop videos I have found so far, hope you guys enjoy. This video sums up one of my LSD trips, that lasted 8 hours, in less than 3 minutes.

Haha! Nice! :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Brivido Wow staring at that actually gave me an illusion where my hand and the walls were bending haha

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Amazing! Just Amazing!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

These videos about strange loops - is it possible to use them to gain insights?

Because I honestly still cannot comprehend strange loops. I hear what Leo said about strange loops in his video. But in my experience I cannot find any "evidence" that reality is a strange loop (I practice self-inquiry and meditation for several years now).    

Can you advance in self-inquiry by contemplating strange loops (as a concept and in videos too)? 

Or are they just fun GIFs for those who already confirmed in their experience that reality is a strange loop?  

Edited by Naviy

The universe in an eye, and an I in the universe 

@Naviy There's not much point self-inquiring about strange loops. It's just a neat concept which you can appreciate if you do psychedelics.

Reality isn't really a strange loop, it is Infinity. But when you try to think causually about Infinity you will run into strange loops. Strange loops are the result of a finite mind trying to grasp Infinity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The slight shift in sensual perspective when watching the video comes for me at 0:36 when the zoom enters the molecules of the blood cell. Fascinating infinity representation video! Thanks for sharing and opening about the similarities with your trip.

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

there are strangeloops in thought patterns and there are behavioral strange loops in yourself and others you can become aware of. addictions are strange loops for example. there are also strangeloops in systems - negative selffeeding loops are also strange loops. you can do a lot of self inquiry about these while ultimately breaking free of your worst ones by identifying them. probably psychedelics will make you more aware of such. but without understanding what a strange loop is you probably won’t encounter one - it’s like when you never have seen a kanguru you don’t know what it is you would probably think its the biggest bunny you have ever seen.