PlayTheGame

Psychedelics & DPDR

53 posts in this topic

On 26.3.2020 at 2:03 AM, electroBeam said:

DPDR is an enlightenment experience that you resist. 

I've had DPDR from weed many times before, and IMO it's quantitatively different from an enlightenment experience. DPDR from weed feels like you've put on a helmet. Enlightenment experience feels like a helmet has been taken off.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Salvia sounds absolutely insane. Like a one way ticket to hell. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

While Salvia can be absolutely astonishing/terrifying/chaotic, keep in mind it only lasts a few minutes. After 10 minutes you will be your 100% sober normal self. (This is smoking Salvia, I wouldn't recommend other forms of intake.) Like Leo said people can have the experience of feeling "locked away" like you'll never come back, but this is just a temporary trick and sensation. After you are sober again in a few minutes you won't have any of those feelings residing. There is tremendous comfort in this.

There is no drawn out come down or post-trip brain fog where you feel sick or on the brink of insanity for hours at a time.

In this safe it's actually quite safe and low risk, in my opinion. Just make sure you have someone watching you, so you don't walk around and trip and hit your head or something.

If you are looking to try your first psychedelic, it's a good starter, because it's so damn short and you are quickly sober. Just get the least potent version you can find and don't take too big a hit.

The question you have to ask is are you willing to experience having your reality replaced with something completely different? Does that interest you at all? If so Salvia is the drug for you. Interesting in the very least.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Enlightenment is the complete opposite of DPDR, Shinzen Young also made a topic about this (he called it the evil twin). 

It is very easy to think that Enlightenment is like DPDR but that just comes from those simple minded persons who never were enlightened and never had DPDR.  

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Salvia isn't really a psychedelic, it's a delirient.

It's more a mix of psychedelic + dissociative. Not a deliriant and not poisonous as far as I know.

I think you're confusing it with datura -- which shouldn't be taken.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

All psychiatrists and psychologists who treat schizophrenic patients should try datura at least once

Edited by electroBeam

19 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

All psychiatrists and psychologists who treat schizophrenic patients should try datura at least once

No, because then they will be the ones in treatment.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

No, because then they will be the ones in treatment.

for only a few days 

26 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

4g to 6g of mushrooms should be enough ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wouldn’t recommend experimenting w psychedelics if you have DPDR. I’ve tried using just about every psychedelic there is including bufo alvarius and ayahuasca and while the trips werent too bad, it seemed to only aggravate the DPDR which made it even harder to recover from the disorder. I’m pretty sure the only way to cure DPDR is through intense exercise which is explained in this thread if you want to look into it

https://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90898-my-ultimate-cure-to-dpdr/

Edited by sausagehead

@sausagehead This is very interesting. i never considered this alternative before. But i do know that dp/dr is a state of your nervous system being shut down because it's believing you are dying. It's more trauma related. Maybe physical exercice wakes up the nervouse system and so here it is the explenation.

On 29/03/2020 at 1:37 PM, electroBeam said:

I wouldn't recommend Datura to my enemies. That's how dangerous it is. Either Psilocybin mushroom for the visual hallucinations, or Salvia for understanding deeper psychosis in those patients. Angel's trumpet tea is probably enough.

On 29/03/2020 at 0:06 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's more a mix of psychedelic + dissociative. Not a deliriant and not poisonous as far as I know.

Thanks for correction.