VeganAwake

Nothing matters!! (vegans highest teaching)

240 posts in this topic

The claim is "Nothing Matters"

Nothing in the universe has any meaning, purpose or value whatsoever.(this doesn't mean there won't be consequences for your actions... what it means are those consequences don't mean anything either)

I don't mean this just Absolutely speaking, I mean it in every possible way that anything could mean anything(which it doesn't)....including relative.

It doesn't matter whether you sit on your couch and eat cookies until your age 42 and die of a heart attack or you become the President of the United States and save the planet from the third world war nuclear attack.

There is no one here for it to matter for...

This isn't bad news... this is pure unconditional freedom for No One.

Nothing you do has any significance. You are just one individual among a species of primate with billions of relatives living on a tiny rock in the middle of nowhere. So why do you worry all the time?

Why do you fret over what other insignificant primates think about your own insignificance? Who cares what they think? The rest of the Universe certainly doesn’t.

Why do you panic about deadlines and let that panic paralyze you? Trust me, your work is not worth the panic. Your work doesn’t matter. There’s no point in getting all worked up about work.

Why do you care so much about getting money? So that you can buy things that don’t matter? If you have enough food to eat, what’s more money going to do anyway?

Why do you hold on to the hurt from when others have wronged you? What they did has no significance at all. Let it go: set it adrift among the stars and all the empty blackness.

There is a certain usefulness to the nihilistic vertigo that comes from casting your gaze across a cosmic scale. We silly apes spend so much time fretting and worrying about our imagined importance that we miss out on The Thing.

The Thing is life is a remarkable and unlikely gift. It doesn’t matter if you are religious or anti-religious, or some more reasonable perspective in between–life is a gift. Some of the power of the Universe coalesced into a little bit of matter and energy that can know it’s here: you. You can see a sunset, climb a tree, kiss another living fragment of the Universe, and laugh. Even more powerful is your ability to extend grace, friendship, and kindness to other bits of the Universe. You can’t do a single thing of cosmic importance. 

So tell someone to have an amazing day. Tell a stranger that their shoes look awesome. Embrace your smallness when you think about your problems and stress, but own your incredible power when dealing with other living things. You are small, but you are very big to other small things.

Enjoy the freedom that comes with being alive. Don’t let the grind of all our imaginary importance take away The Thing.

" Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists, herein lies the peace of God"

- A Course in Miracles

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Why do you hold on to the hurt from when others have wronged you? What they did has no significance at all. Let it go: set it adrift among the stars and all the empty blackness.

Sheer brilliance, as usual. xD

Why so serious?

Because "I" exist.

That´s the root of all suffering.

He seems to be saying that nothing matters or has meaning or value. Including his own post which states there is no meaning. A circular and self-referential argument? It's like Ouroboros eating his own tail, a mystical symbol indeed. 

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So you are saying that these things doesn't matter at all, and have no meaning or value at all?:

@Mikael89 yes exactly they don't mean anything or serve any purpose..

Now someone could say yeah but it made me feel good.. I had a better day

But feeling good or bad doesn't mean anything it's just what happens..

And having a better or worse day doesn't mean anything... that's just how it's perceived... and how it's perceived doesn't mean anything either.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 minutes ago, silene said:

He seems to be saying that nothing matters or has meaning or value. Including his own post which states there is no meaning. A circular and self-referential argument? It's like Ouroboros eating his own tail, a mystical symbol indeed. 

Well except for my posts, my posts mean everything... ? kidding

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

me too ;) except that when I looked up self-reference I by coincidence discovered the Ouroboros symbol with its links to alchemy, gnosticism, hermeticism, even Jung.  But I think that meaning exists in our imagination. These letters I'm typing right now are just squiggly lines but they are given meaning in the shared space of our collective imagination. 

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Ok.

I don't know about you, but I know for sure that some things mean a lot to me. But that's just me.

Well who is you... who do they mean a lot for?

When you find out who you are, you will understand this message. ❤

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass either.

9 minutes ago, silene said:

me too ;) except that when I looked up self-reference I by coincidence discovered the Ouroboros symbol with its links to alchemy, gnosticism, hermeticism, even Jung.  But I think that meaning exists in our imagination. These letters I'm typing right now are just squiggly lines but they are given meaning in the shared space of our collective imagination. 

Yes things appear as meaningful to the individual who believes there is something to find.

The secret is there isn't an individual and there's nothing to find lol...

oh crap my mom just got home I forgot to take out the trash got to go...❤

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@VeganAwake ? Have an amazing day! ♥️

You too I'm just glad I was able to understand your sentence...❤

No meaning means everything is already forgiven, everything is loved and there is nothing to gain. The reward of work is the work, ain't it? That makes everything incredibly meaningful. It's like the death and birth of every new moment. Thank god every moment dies into meaninglesness. It makes the universe incredibly meaningful.

3 minutes ago, Visionary said:

No meaning means everything is already forgiven, everything is loved and there is nothing to gain. The reward of work is the work, ain't it? That makes everything incredibly meaningful. It's like the death and birth of every new moment. Thank god every moment dies into meaninglesness. It makes the universe incredibly meaningful.

Nice one got it in one Fell Swoop ❤

Nothing matters = Unconditional love

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Nice one got it in one Fell Swoop ❤

Nothing matters = Unconditional love

Yeah man❤, thank you.

As a beginner I tried to understand this conceptually and this resulted in a lot of repression. But now I kinda understand that, especially thanks to meaninglesness, its rewarding to express anger, hate, jealousy, guilt etc.

5 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Yeah man❤, thank you.

As a beginner I tried to understand this conceptually and this resulted in a lot of repression. But now I kinda understand that, especially thanks to meaninglesness, its rewarding to express anger, hate, jealousy, guilt etc.

That's awesome to hear ...yes with that freedom embodied one typically starts naturally behaving more neutral because if nothing matters nothing matters...hehe ❤

5 minutes ago, lostmedstudent said:

So life is not worth living ?

Okay it's worth two bits are you happy now?

He he totally joking.

The real message is life is so free you can't put any stipulations on it... it's Freer than free ❤

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

58 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes things appear as meaningful to the individual who believes there is something to find.

The secret is there isn't an individual and there's nothing to find lol...

oh crap my mom just got home I forgot to take out the trash got to go...❤

Some sharing.

After a day of having been pushed out of my comfort zone (inferior introverted Sensing), a year of meditation and one Vipassana retreat I as well had this insight. Everything is meaningless, and out of this point of singularity and nihilism all meaning can be created. I create value/worth/meaning.

I had written down the process of the Vipassana retreat's insight immediately before and during the realization. I would like to share it, but it is in German, so I would have to translate it; some things are lost in translation, including words that describe an experience.

Vipassana GERMAN.pdf Vipassana ENGLISH.pdf

Now, I forgot the experience of the insight itself. I just know the words and the intellectual meaning behind them [Is here protection/self-deception at work because it would have destroyed i/identity/ego? I feel everyday how I am deliberately choosing my identity and the clinging to meaning in my identity.]

Does someone know a way for me to regain this insight? Memory/past is a dream; dreams are like sand. The experienced insight of the memory vanished.

@Nahm Please, can you illuminate my past sneakiness?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@lostmedstudent That's not what I gathered from this thread. Life has no inherent meaning, and although that may sound nihilistic it's actually very freeing. No outside source can tell you how you should live your life. You don't have to be a certain way or live to anyone else's standards. That said, life is only worth living if you live in such a way that matters to you. So, one could say, life is radically important.