Ibn Sina

Taylor Swift Is A Whining Feminist Man-Basher In Latest Music Video ‘The Man’.

114 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, wk197 said:

@remember ''general problems'' seems a lot of like generalizing.

yes it is generalizing - as the smell of urine in my subway station exists because people are living there who fell through the system - yes it’s a general problem because where would anybody piss if not into public space if something is not just. it’s not just for them, i can tolerate the smell for their sake, because what to do. but if some guy thinks he has to piss to mark their territory i guess i find that upsetting.

Edited by remember

I used to like Taytay when she was a pop-country singer. Today is a political pupped used for spreading leftist propaganda. i dont know is he is forced to do that or has she been brainwashed, but i dont resonate with her anymore. I just feel disapointment. Because she could do the oppsite like Kanye West challenging the global elites and defending God.

Edited by Moreira

4 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

The world would be up in arms if a male artist made an equivalent music video about women like that, and no documentary would excuse him for it.

He would be ostracized from society, mob bullied on social media, most likely prosecuted by the law, and nobody would ever hire him again. His life would be destroyed.

There is a serious error in judgement here. Historically it's women who were always oppressed and not men. 

And women are still oppressed because society especially men have a harsh way of judging them and men don't apply the same judgement to themselves and that's hypocrisy. 

If she felt oppressed as a woman, that doesn't make her a man hater. 

If a male artist did the same thing, he will deserve all the criticism because men can't cry like babies, they had the privilege for centuries. 

And like Leo said real men care about uplifting women and not ignoring them because they have been ignored enough.. 

Feminism only hurts those men who are anti-woman. 

I understand that there is a toxic side to feminism. But overall it's not about male bashing. It's about setting the woman free from the barriers imposed by men.. 

And don't call her a victim if she wants equality. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

if you feel like garbage is it the piss or is it you who is feeling like that? it has an effect on you and if you feel triggered i would go deeper into the reasons why it is intoxicating you - where are the fears coming from? are the threats towards you real? are you someone who is able to work together with guys or not? are you someone who feels superior or even lower than guys and why you think that way.

well it’s about the conditions - i probably wouldn’t want to work together with a guy who defends his prehistoric rights on the basis that it has always been like that.

Just now, remember said:

well it’s about the conditions - i probably wouldn’t want to work together with a guy who defends his prehistoric rights on the basis that it has always been like that.

That was so perfect lol.... 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

@Preety_India I honestly don't get why a genuine feminist would defend a video like this.

what is that even? a genuine feminist? you could ask the same question - why would a genuine misogynist or chauvinist start to criticize it?

Edited by remember

1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

So..... the video is not toxic garbage?

Just checking.

oh wait! maybe the subway and the last part might have been lil overboard. 

I thought the entire point was that she would climb the stair of success faster if she was a man or she wouldnt be judged so harshly if she was a man. I just couldnt make of the Subway and the last part. Maybe someone else here has a better perspective.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Feminism is understandably well-intentioned. Society has its problems and inequalities and Stage Green emerges when Orange wakes up to this. All I'll say is that fighting evil with evil creates more evil. The solution to oppression of women would not be hurting men, instead it would be an increase in Self-Love!

This song came across as being made in bad taste towards men. It was a female-centred stereotype of how the biggest douchebags behave and generalizing it to all men! Very few men I know 'mark their territory' and behave this narcissistically. The perception of men being total narcissists is a female projection on men. This doesn't help anyone. Now I know someone will say 'Women have been facing this for centuries! Let them have their revenge.' By all means have your revenge! You are free to create as much evil as you want. Lets just not pretend though that it's not vengeful towards men and that it's only about empowerment for women. Rebellion is not freedom!

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

11 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Turn down the sound. Forget the lyrics. Actually watch the video and just tell me what you see.

Exaggeration is a huge factor in art. Imagine the video without sarcasm or exaggeration. It would be boring. If I was a director, I would do the same things if not even more. Art is more about creativity and metaphor than objectivity. If you want total objectivity, don't expect a music video song to fulfil your desires. A documentary format speaks to your mind, while this artistic format speaks to your heart.

22 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Someone who is actually about equal rights for men and women.

Look it up.

Careful bruv.

I don't appreciate your tone in this thread at all.

Turn down the sound. Forget the lyrics. Actually watch the video and just tell me what you see.

dito - don’t forget to look up mysogenist and chauvinist. they usually don’t like it to be pointed out. there is no equality in these even though the fingerpointing try’s to make it seem that way.

12 minutes ago, Lento said:

Exaggeration is a huge factor in art. Imagine the video without sarcasm or exaggeration. It would be boring. If I was a director, I would do the same things if not even more. Art is more about creativity and metaphor than objectivity. If you want total objectivity, don't expect a music video song to fulfil your desires. A documentary format speaks to your mind, while this artistic format speaks to your heart.

But you also get a lot of people clamoring for realism and plausibility in art. exaggeration is just one factor nothing more.

downplaying and muting is the other side.

Edited by remember

Question for feminists : When someone shows you the dysfunctional aspects of feminism, do you really think they're denying women's oppression/inequality against women?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

1 minute ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Question for feminists : When someone shows you the dysfunctional aspects of feminism, do you really think they're denying women's oppression/inequality against women?

this would assume there are feminists here.

Oh there's lots of feminists here! Anyone of you can answer me. The whole admin and moderation team is feminist for the sake of this conversation.

Edited by Parththakkar12

I just watched the video to see what all the fuss is about. I really don't see the issue. From what I can tell it's poking fun at the structural prejudice against women in the high-flying world of achievers and doers, which absolutely exists. If you want to rise up in the corporate world, or become a famous director, or become a producer, or anything else like that, then being a woman is a hindrance to you. In this regard I think the message makes a fair point, since it is frustrating for the countless hard-working women out there who find their dreams harder to manifest due to structural sexism.

If there's one thing you could criticise this song for it would be that it promotes code-Orange success/status/wealth as something desirable to achieve, but considering this is the pop music industry we're talking about then this is par for the course. It's really here nor there with regards to the controversy.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

51 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Okay so what did she intend to convey with that imagery, if we set the artistic license to one side for the moment? What exactly is the message there?

Again, art is more about metaphor. You don't get an exact message with art. She's mainly portraying her life in the light of being a female and how she feels about it.

47 minutes ago, wk197 said:

But you also get a lot of people clamoring for realism and plausibility in art. exaggeration is just one factor nothing more.

Well, exaggeration in this case resembles anger and being fed up. It's hard to act/be rational while you are emotional.

38 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

It's difficult to separate the heart from the mind here. Although, I would say this; In ideal objective circumstances, most women will listen to logic even more than men. So, in short, no. Both male and female feminists usually understand that there's a shadow to feminism. You just shouldn't ask them questions like this in a debate or any kind of emotional situation lol because they will likely tell you something and show you the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Lento said:

It's difficult to separate the heart from the mind here. Although, I would say this; In ideal objective circumstances, most women will listen to logic even more than men. So, in short, no. Both male and female feminists usually understand that there's a shadow to feminism. You just shouldn't ask them questions like this in a debate or any kind of emotional situation lol because they will likely tell you something and show you the opposite.

I've faced this a lot on this forum! There's a lot of denial and trivialization of the shadows of feminism. The line of thinking goes : 'You're either with us or against us. If you're looking at our dysfunctions, that means you're against us and therefore all the labels associated with the patriarchy apply to you! Misogynist, chauvanist, sexist, etc.'

please can anyone of the arabic speakers translate this?

i didn’t find english lyrics.