Ibn Sina

Taylor Swift Is A Whining Feminist Man-Basher In Latest Music Video ‘The Man’.

114 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Derek White said:

I don’t want people telling women what they can and can’t wear. Simple.

If you don’t like what someone’s wearing don’t look at them.

2 hours ago, Derek White said:

What’s your problem with women wearing sexy clothes?

I did not tell woman can’t wear sexy clothes. I also did not say I have a problem with that. I also did not say I don’t like what they’re wearing. 
You’ve already said 3 completely wrong things out of thin air. 

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

1 hour ago, Johnny5 said:

It's the same old projection of ones own personal shit onto an entire gender. 

Okay I hear you. There's a lot going on in the music video so could you help me in understanding you? -which parts specifically did you have a problem with? What old projections of hers ? 

So we can understand each other and gain some common ground. The world's greatest dad didn get my vote as I couldn't connect with it.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

The solution is to stop thinking that it's all men's fault or all women's fault.

Agree, both men and woman contribute to these oppression problems (+ biology, history and survival). It’s not just men’s or woman’s fault.

43 minutes ago, SOUL said:

"When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression"

Yep (not 100% accurate, but there’s definitely a lot of this)

Edited by MrDmitriiV

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

i don’t understand it looks like a documentary to me. not everywhere but sometimes it’s impossible to sit somewhere without some guy showing off his crown jewels. and recently there is more men’s piss in the street than dog shit. so i wonder who‘s complaining?

it‘s a joke - it’s irony, it’s even ironic towards women, because we oftentimes don’t say anything and play into it, thinking something like equality was possible hoping for it. but our tolerance is their „interpretation“ zone.

Edited by remember

I don't mind :)

I wanted to see what you see that's why I'd tried to get specific but that's alright.

What you see in the video is pretty much portrayed everywhere else, and in her view if the same was done by a woman she feels it'd be perceived different is all.

Don't think she's dissing men in general but the perception of how women are perceived if they acted different to the norms.

53 minutes ago, Pacific Sage said:

. The world's greatest dad didn get my vote as I couldn't connect with it.

Oh wait I get it, there is nothing special if women took good care of the kid.

Edited by Pacific Sage
Grammar

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Why you such a triggered snowflake?

A real man don't give a fuck about such things.

A real man also has empathy for 'snowflakes who get triggered'.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Truth bombs after truth bombs

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

57 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Indeed, it's much easier to make music videos.

That's why people make music videos instead of transcending survival.

The way I see it is that people don't transcend survival because they're not ready; not because they're inherently evil. I'd bet that nobody woke up in the morning one day and said: "Hey, to hell with survival! Gotta transcend it asap."

59 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

I'm talking about the video, not feminism. Or do you recon them to be the same thing?

The video is clearly a part of feminism. Worst case scenario, consider it a side effect.

Anyway begs the question of "best hope for what?"

Best hope for this bullshit to stop. I wasn't offended by the video until the phrase "no men were harmed during the making of this video" appeared. It felt very 'racist' to me (although not sure the term applies), but I understand.

@Lento what do you understand? how women feel when they have to listen to these kind of phrases every day? do you even know how much silly jokes we have to hear every day - funny even from the president in case of the usa. it’s not just an insult to american women.

what is insulting to you is that a woman really behaves to men how many men behave towards women. how is it that you get triggered by a mirror?

Edited by remember

@Johnny5 no, the street corner pissers and ballpark show offs are also existing in europe - there is tons of other guys, too. if you are one of these good for you! you seem to belong to the more evolved species on this planet. but i would not bind that to the gender.

Edited by remember

3 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

The impression I get is that she is just portraying some of the men she encounters in her own rich celebrity life, and blaming it on the rest of the world. In a music video, lol.... Ain't life tough.

Actually yes, but not quite. If you read the lyrics, she's referencing Leonardo DiCaprio and St. Tropez, where he hosts yearly galas and is often seen surrounded by young and beautiful models. The lyric implies he's never called out for this, while Swift has been scrutinised in the past for the number of men she's been in relationships with.

www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/taylorswift/theman.html

6 minutes ago, remember said:

@Lento how do you know which lion she is mentioning?

The Wolf Of Wall Street movie.

@Johnny5 i also have some pity for you. see the reason why you have to make such a fuss about this is probably that there is some unresolved hate against yourself in you. no one can heal that except yourself, directing it to someone else, projecting it onto someone else will not resolve that. it’s intoxicating yourself.

the actor or singer is just pointing out general problems, behind a song like this is a team not a single person.

Edited by remember

While Dan is celebrated all over the world, I dont see any hate on him, nor do I hate him. 

When Taylor as a woman, when the genders are reversed , was portrayed the same, she was trolled for it.

This could seem like a first world problem but the entirety of the song deals with the same too.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_6f0f0c8c-b2cd-11e9-976e-8c6a49598911.jpg

4 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

So..... the video is not toxic garbage?

Just checking.

if you feel like garbage is it the video or is it you who is feeling like that? it has an effect on you and if you feel triggered i would go deeper into the reasons why it is intoxicating you - where are the fears coming from? are the threats towards you real? are you someone who is able to work together with women or not? are you someone who feels superior or even lower than women and why you think that way.

Somebody needs to make a response song to this titled 'The Man-Hater'!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

18 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

So..... the video is not toxic garbage?

Just checking.

I personally didn think so.