SickLuv

Why it seams to me that american don't have any humor

83 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Son of leo said:

I'm from India too. Why you guys being racist to my fellow Indians?

Lol no one's being racist. It's just a misunderstanding. 

You're proving the point. xD

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

@Derek White Oh then it's okay. Lol :x

Edit- all Indians are my brothers and sisters except mom and dad ! Lewl

Edited by Son of leo

46 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You're not getting my point. Nobody can get rid of their cultural identity especially in a world of racism because you're constantly reminded that you are Indian or you are Chinese wherever you go. That's why political correctness is important because that's the only thing that helps dissolve identities. This can only be achieved if we stop creating barriers by using cultural identity.

I agree, I experienced that when travelling and also in my own country. Except that I'm mixed race, so people are confused and depending of the region sometimes they see me as Indian, sometimes as White, sometimes as Black, sometimes as a Middle-Eastern. My skin tone also change pretty fast depending of the sun, I'm a chameleon lol.

50 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Look at the identity politics in America. It's all about racial identity. Why is race such a heated controversial topic in America if racial identity never mattered?

I don't know a lot of things about the US, but from what I see it seems like race is a huge issue there.

51 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

The only way to let go is when the whole world is ready to let go and call each other humans rather than Indians Chinese Americans etc etc etc. That won't be happening anytime soon. 

From my perspective they are many nuances here and I think that even if the entire world becomes enlightened and all the races mixes together so that they becomes indistinguishable we will still have to use words to refer to specific areas.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

So from a realistic perspective, I can't think that if someone said Indian, that's its not a reference to my cultural identity.

Yes it's referring to your cultural identity, but only because someone refers to Indian, American, South African, etc. doesn't make the person a racist. For example saying that many people in the US are fat is not racism, but a fact https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States . I don't consider that saying that Indians have a little sense of humour is racist, maybe it's true, maybe it's false, maybe it's ignorance, but this is not racism from my point of view.

Making a statement whether it's true or false is fine, racism is a much more intense behaviour based on strong biased opinions.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

You're not getting my point. Nobody can get rid of their cultural identity especially in a world of racism because you're constantly reminded that you are Indian or you are Chinese wherever you go. That's why political correctness is important because that's the only thing that helps dissolve identities. This can only be achieved if we stop creating barriers by using cultural identity. 

Look at the identity politics in America. It's all about racial identity. Why is race such a heated controversial topic in America if racial identity never mattered? 

If cultural identity never mattered this thread wouldn't have been created in the first place.. 

The only way to let go is when the whole world is ready to let go and call each other humans rather than Indians Chinese Americans etc etc etc. That won't be happening anytime soon. 

I can't live in LaLa land. I have to be realistic. 

So from a realistic perspective, I can't think that if someone said Indian, that's its not a reference to my cultural identity. 

this is not only because of how we call each other it’s about the start number you/we get at birth. political correctness can get rid of these traps but it can not get rid of what is underneath.

Edited by remember

8 minutes ago, Raphael said:

My skin tone also change pretty fast depending of the sun, I'm a chameleon lol.

What a terrible evolutionary trait you've developed there! At least when the indians are in the shade we can't see them and feast on them, and when the white people are up against Trump's big white wall we can't see them but you.... we can see you no matter where you are!

Lol we Indians are gonna conquer America soon. And start our revenge. Jk lol

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

What a terrible evolutionary trait you've developed there! At least when the indians are in the shade we can't see them and feast on them, and when the white people are up against Trump's big white wall we can't see them but you.... we can see you no matter where you are!

i guess you got me i have such a black humored heart. ?

or maybe god has.

Edited by remember

Jokes related to racism are taken seriously though. In fact, you cant call them jokes. Just like you cant joke about someone's funeral. That's not humour but rumor 

Edit- guess I'm the only one here who lacks rumor!

Edited by Son of leo

7 hours ago, Son of leo said:

Jokes related to racism are taken seriously though. In fact, you cant call them jokes. Just like you cant joke about someone's funeral. That's not humour but rumor 

this was out of the context, sorry.

i‘m not sure if i should or should not put these vids. up here. but one of the breaking points where i let loose of all boundaries for me was this:

Edited by remember
i admire her guts greatly - haven’t been a fan of someone for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Son of leo said:

Just like you cant joke about someone's funeral. That's not humour but rumor 

7 hours ago, Vladz0r said:

People have just lost their soul, man. I feel like at work a lot of the people are just like zombies most of the time. I used to try and be upbeat and talk and joke with everyone, but after a while I got tired of it. I made a ton of people laugh, but they've all kinda just dragged me down at this point so I keep to myself. I feel the same way with the humor thing - I either come off too strong or whatever sometimes.

Hang on 

Your people will find you ! 

I avoid of course people that doesn't work with me if I Can.

-- congratz people you hijack my topic ! 

But at least some of you appreciated.

Answer to a post :

- Indeed in reality we can have the social cue with body language.

But even body language could be differently interpreted 

depending on self bias - meaning where someone is or is absolutely not ideologically, genderly, culturally , linguistically, colorfully coming from.

and let’s stay real there is a thin thin line between very dark sarcasm and sadism.

Edited by remember

45 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Hahahaha :D

yep, gods apple mutated to a four eyed monstrosity - i can se you cumin everywhere!

fuck that shit - it’s a public aggression which threatens the privacy of every woman who owns a smartphone. and this actually is a case that has to be placed in front of an international court. because it’s governmental sexual harassment.

it‘s also psychological harassment. 

Edited by remember

Can see a lot of Americans don’t find this very funny lool

Generally speaking, I think humour has a lot to do with intelligence and self awareness; a bit like when you meet someone for the first time or you’re trying to attract someone, you can see where they’re at in their life by their sense of humour, think what stage blue and red would find funny, compared to stage turquoise; Eckhart tolle is constantly laughing at the insanity of the ego and the ways it deludes itself and takes things soo seriously, tier one in spiral dynamics may not find it very funny, let alone even understand why it’s funny, they could take offence to it even perhaps. So in relation to the original question, maybe most Americans are just very undeveloped, which also might be why Leo sometimes talks as if the audience is completely brain dead - has to explain it so that even the most under developed people have more a greater opportunity of understanding, by using numerous and comprehensive examples to explain his point.

36 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

i'm french, i'll share here my thoughts about the past 8 months month i've been in north american culture.

in europe we learn to know each other by sharing our problems.

in north-america if you do that, it means you're weak.

in europe if you're a victim, you're on the "good" side, the side of honest and poor people.

we always complain about stuff...

in america if you're rich and god is with you, you're the best a human being can be.

we operate in a very organic way, and i can relate directly to people from india, israel or brazil for instance...

with peers from north-america, after 8 months i still don't know if we're friend or not.

some of them are very cold, even tho they look very optimistic and warm, but it's a poker-face and you don't know what they think inside.

north-america is good at being "consistent".

i tend to prefer authenticity, because at least even if you're an asshole i know who you are.

yes exactly my point. Good sharing,

but how did you find directly the idea of humor. of course all french are not "funny" neither.

I find some american very funny aswell.

@Jahmaine  Indeed ! but there is a lot of french undev aswell, but most people are open to have a laugh.

of course we speak feeling here, I m not talking rational sociological data or something like.

I was thinking the idea of humor is a good subject to talk about "context/cultural bias/ self dev" etc..

I wanted to open an open topic on the subject, I m just confused that people use it to egoicly hammer one to each other.

it's important to always hit the message, not the one who carry it. One of my motto.

Besides, this is maybe why Trump is "winning", he says bullshit, but at least he go for it, people love honesty, it's a feeling that move people.

I aswell tend to prefer someone who has a big mouth, than someone with a knife in the back, and a smile on his face.

///// leo tend to be at the middle of it. ( haha ) RUN for your life he has a big mouth and a knife and he smile all the time !!!

Edited by SickLuv

33 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

i'm french, i'll share here my thoughts about the past 8 months month i've been in north american culture.

in europe we learn to know each other by sharing our problems.

in north-america if you do that, it means you're weak.

in europe if you're a victim, you're on the "good" side, the side of honest and poor people.

we always complain about stuff...

in america if you're rich and god is with you, you're the best a human being can be.

we operate in a very organic way, and i can relate directly to people from india, israel or brazil for instance...

with peers from north-america, after 8 months i still don't know if we're friend or not.

some of them are very cold, even tho they look very optimistic and warm, but it's a poker-face and you don't know what they think inside.

north-america is good at being "consistent".

i tend to prefer authenticity, because at least even if you're an asshole i know who you are.

Great points. I felt the same way when I was in North America. Can relate. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.