Thought Art

How Could Programming raise awareness?

21 posts in this topic

I am on the fence about pursuing music and creativity or diving in and learning computer programming, marketing, business, data analytics.

Looking for people to dive deep and discuss how coding, programming, big data etc can be used to raise awareness and improve humanity! 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art Here is a perfect example.

Haha took me a couple tries to figure out why the link just kept bringing me back to this page.

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art Here is a perfect example.

?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I have been lately getting into programming graphics so I can create videos for my music that moves with the beat. So I guess that is kind of a combination of the two :D 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Thought Art

Easy to Outline, hard to follow.

You learn your craft. After you are competent, you can promote and produce Free Open Source Software. Be a White Hat Hacker. Produce statisticsal Reports that speak the truth and stand for them.

Art is a great complimentary hobby for Programming

I recently discovered arbitrary Code Execution, seems pretty awesome especially when done inside a video game..  But not sure if it applies to your question 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

47 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

@tenta  Sorry, what do you want to say?

Sorry, what do you want to say?

Programming is currently largely stage orange and those doing it are just a cog in a larger machine, it's ironic that coding is the biggest NPC job within a company, and those doing it are usually only doing it for the money and are privileged but won't admit it.

Edited by tenta

@tenta

Yeah, many ppl in Orange. But in 5-10 years will many trancend orange. And I think there are more Yellows in Programming compared with the Population.

Cog in the machine? That's their own decision

Priviledged? I guess you mean in terms of cognitive ability, because clearly not everyone can do that (but a lot more could be do it if they wanted to). Yeah, they can be very arrogant.

But what do think Linux is? A present to the world. So I think many know that they are priviledged if you will and do something good. The Majority? No. A significant minotity. But show me other demographics that act all good with pure wisedom. Programmers are on a good way compared with others. Why? They are likely to earn plenty money and that makes it more likely to think green or even yellow after some time.

Edited by supremeyingyang

@Nahm

That was like a Gong!

◭"89"

@Nahm

I think so. I sometimes get these huge rushes of love and joy and creativity as my mind explodes with images of potential apps or, businesses, platforms surrounding technology. I've been working through confusion for a few years now. And, yeah I am starting to realize it really sparks me up inside...

I think big picture thinking is a strength of mine and I think as I develop more experience and hard skills that I can provide a great gift for humans.

◭"89"

@Nahm Thanks!

◭"89"

On 04/02/2020 at 0:49 AM, Thought Art said:

I am on the fence about pursuing music and creativity or diving in and learning computer programming, marketing, business, data analytics.

Looking for people to dive deep and discuss how coding, programming, big data etc can be used to raise awareness and improve humanity! 

Such questions usually come from a place of 'spiritual conditioning'. Whereby you set arbitrary archetypes for what constitutes as being spiritual or not. 

Its best if you drop these conditions and follow your vision/dream board. 

What's spiritual does not depend on the content (software vs art) but on the structure (context in which the software or art is being used in/for). 

While this isn't directly software, software is said to be the direct application of mathematics, and an example of mathematics increasing consciousness is this book.

Edited by electroBeam

34 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Such questions usually come from a place of 'spiritual conditioning'. Whereby you set arbitrary archetypes for what constitutes as being spiritual or not. 

Its best if you drop these conditions and follow your vision/dream board. 

What's spiritual does not depend on the content (software vs art) but on the structure (context in which the software or art is being used in/for). 

While this isn't directly software, software is said to be the direct application of mathematics, and an example of mathematics increasing consciousness is this book.

@electroBeam

I like how this comment wedged into my head and the ideas it gave me.

I don't have a vision board but it's something I am looking into.

And no, I don't think it was exactly 'spiritual conditioning' but I see your point. You are right. I fell in love with music and video and it was my main focus and love, and I poured a lot of time into mastering it. I would have mystical experiences or like 'Downloads' as complete songs. It was really a interesting time creating the songs. Now that muse I was following has moved onto something bigger.  All the while exploring reality through books. I did a bunch of really cool stuff with music and video... organizing photographers, graphic designers, volunteers..., got a grant, started a business, relationships, first clients yada yada and really pushing my entrepreneur muscles. It was like, an early taste of business and doing work that effects my community. The bug has bit me and it's becoming clear that Music is actually really limited. 

I think everyone has a different thing they do, or spiritually connect with. I am taking Leo's life purpose course and I am reading books, trying things, and I think what I am really struggling with is my identity, dreams, interests are at a cross road. 

Learning to code has been really fun. IT lights me up!

◭"89"

@Thought Art I often observed in myself, that I get hindered by the need to create something great, something breath-taking. The reason why this hinders me is that I tend to see the world only in ether black or white, I lose track of all the shades of grey that I can use and work upon.
Maybe you have a similiar kind of assumption deep down in your belief system like I have.

I myself am very interested in programming , game dev and all sorts of coding and I also struggled with this question, what a really impactful, meaningful & high-consciousness software would look like. But I honestly coudn´t answer it, which made me uneasy every time I thought about programming.

So as a solution I reframed my approach: What would happen, if I observe all the problems and limitation, that I see in modern softwares from a more conscious perspective, and compile them all together? What opportunities would open up when I have such a great libary of potential improvements for all the software I use and care about? What if I bring all these compiled opportunities of little improvements together in a own software project?

Ever since I reframed my questioning I brought many ideas together how I can practically improve the new generations of software. And now with this it is much easier to construct a tangible vision of a software, which has the potential to have major impact.

Currently I am pondering about how to create a very intuitive, almost second-nature-like note-taking system from all the experiences that I have collected so far.
But for now I want to keep further deatils secret :P