Thought Art

How Could Programming raise awareness?

21 posts in this topic

For me I like to think of programming like films, think of all the all the categories of genres and films within those genres that are possible.

That's what programming is.

Any facet of human behaviour can be entertained in the context of different things that can be programmed, from time management apps to helping people discover films they'll most likely enjoy to creating games that make people think in novel ways or even novel social media platforms that have a much higher chance of achieving relative constructivity like YouTube where culture as a whole is generally enhanced (although that balance is incredibly fickle I think, in one sense there's very high quality but in another that's highly out-competed by low quality which means as a whole we're still very low our potential there).

Big data is an entirely different beast but one that can be used as a complement, humanity is a giant ecosystem, which means there's so many hidden ways that big data can be used to predict things that many of these orange stage tools haven't thought of yet because they're just trying to make money. You can make programs that help you synthesise big data or even programs as a byproduct to the analyses you generate from big data in the determination of likely successful programs to less likely successful programs. In this sense big data is like a film but instead of being a representation of a category of film like programs are they're like the myriad of ways the same film can be made given on the same set of data, like a 1000 people, you can generate stats in at least a thousand different ways, 10,000 different ways even.

Edited by Raw Nature