Red-White-Light

Coronavirus

39 posts in this topic

Voltaire posted a video on WHO making it offensive to suggest a no fly zone to China despite the virus outbreak. There's too much stupid these days. 

12 hours ago, Scholar said:

nCov seem to have a high R0 and additionally spreads asymptomatically which increases the risk for a Pandemic significantly compared to a virus that only spreads when symptoms show, like SARS, Ebola and the Swine Flu. Additionally nCov spreads through air by means of droplet infection.

From the data we currently have it seems like around 20% of people infected require intensive care, although that number has to be taken with a grain of salt because of self-selecting biases.

The problem is not how deadly the virus is in an of itself, the problem is the way it spreads and the amount of people who require focused medical attention. This means if a lot of people get infected we will be unable to sustain medical treatment for those who need it, which will most likely increase the death-toll.

Also the data we currently have is very lacking due to how early it is and where it is coming from. This means obviously we should take it as a serious threat even if it might in the end turn out to be nothing.

The attitude of "It's just a virus like any other, lol" will in the long run bite us in the ass. One day the virus that is going to actually have potential to become a pandemic will hit us and people will be conditioned to treat it the same way as they always did.

From a point of view of systems thinking, we must ask ourselves "Is my behaviour sustainable throughout multiple iterations?", and because Viruses and bacteria pose such a significant threat to human health, I would conclude that even panicking a little bit is more sustainable than being apathetic about such threats.

This means that the irrational behaviour of panicking is more rational or sustainable than the behaviour of dismissing such threats without enough evidence, atleast in the long run. Of course optimal is a behaviour that would attempt to detect the threat level accurately and then determine an action plan.

Currently we have not left the phase of detecting the threat level, because we simply do not have the data yet.

Its not as bad as SARS. There's conspiracy theories that its man made.  

We're not getting out of life alive. Exercise caution but don't lose sleep. Worry and stress will kill you before this will. 

after more digging. more layer of bs.

this guy seams the legit shit about it. follow him, everyday he check the situation with "real backup".

On 2/5/2020 at 2:46 AM, Scholar said:

I would conclude that even panicking a little bit is more sustainable than being apathetic about such threats.

There is something in between panic and apathy.

Panic is not as effective as consciousness. Panic tends to compound the problem.

What you really mean to say is that we should be highly conscious and responsible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is something in between panic and apathy.

Panic is not as effective as consciousness. Panic tends to compound the problem.

What you really mean to say is that we should be highly conscious and responsible.

We should indeed be highly conscious and responsible, but I was trying to create a false dichotomy:

Panic vs complete apathy.

Panic no doubt has a lot of negative consequences in the short term and also in the long term, especially economic impact as we can currently observe. For example, people are currently panic-buying the masks that keep one from being infected, and it now turns out that medical personell starts to have problems aquiring those masks themselves because of supply shortages. This is extremely ineffective, especially with a virus that spreads so well in hospitals.

But complete apathy, in the long run, will bite us in the ass because we will not be able to:

A) Detect a substantial threat when it actually arises.

B) Create the political will to increase preventive measures for future outbreak.

A lot of people for example are comparing the common flu to pandemic outbreaks, which does not really make sense. That kind of attitude becomes a problem when it is adopted and reinforced by cultural mechanisms like media.

In the short term, apathy is actually preferable because it is accurate and it saves emotional and probably even economic labor. Yet panic is detrimental to the short term but will eventually prevent the one case that is really bad.

Now, obviously this is actually a false dichotomy and not really applicable to the world because of for example the effects panic has on apathy. Like the story with the boy who lies about the wolf, panic or an overreaction makes us apathetic to new threats in the future. This means that panic leads to apathy and is therefore actually just as dangerous.

This means that consciousness is necessary for sustainable behaviour in the actual real world where dichotomies don't exist the way we imagine them. We for example do not need to make a case that the common flu kills more people than the nCov virus. That would be a reaction to the panic which keeps the attention where it does not actually need to be. We do not yet know how bad the nCov virus will be, we have some estimates and based on those we can act. We probably want to be a little bit more cautious just in case the estimates are inaccurate, although in the end there is very little we can do other than what we are already doing.

Not selfishly buying tons of masks, and not comparing the common flu to a potential pandemic, those would be a good start.

Glory to Israel

Don't focus on the distractions, they will be faded memories like all the other ones soon enough.

B R E A T H E

3 hours ago, pluto said:

Don't focus on the distractions, they will be faded memories like all the other ones soon enough.

there is no distraction, survival thinking is absolute love.

You can want to play the game, mario see lava, he doesn't dismiss lava, he jump, because that's absolute love for mario to be able to think of jumping out of the lava.

saying the lava doesn't exist is no absolute love, it's absolute delusion, it is or it isn't, but you'll know by intuition.

Edited by SickLuv

11 hours ago, SickLuv said:

there is no distraction, survival thinking is absolute love.

You can want to play the game, mario see lava, he doesn't dismiss lava, he jump, because that's absolute love for mario to be able to think of jumping out of the lava.

saying the lava doesn't exist is no absolute love, it's absolute delusion, it is or it isn't, but you'll know by intuition.

Your missing the point, learn to see with the inner-eye not the outer ones.

B R E A T H E

Welp, some replies here have aged terribly.  Government basically said they can't do shit and good luck.  I too, have been following this virus since early January out of curiosity.  Some people were deemed "conspiracy theorists" but their math and numbers made sense and also the trajectory of this virus was unprecedented.  When a global behemoth like China essentially commits economic suicide in rush to quarantine, shut down, build hospitals in a week and hastily attempt to control this virus--it is NOT "just a flu".   

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

If we're about to be on the cusp of something very very tragic, so please a reminder:  practice self love and keep doing your meditations.  We're all one and in this together.  I really hope this will go on to better days soon.  

12 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Welp, some replies here have aged terribly.  Government basically said they can't do shit and good luck.  I too, have been following this virus since early January out of curiosity.  Some people were deemed "conspiracy theorists" but their math and numbers made sense and also the trajectory of this virus was unprecedented.  When a global behemoth like China essentially commits economic suicide in rush to quarantine, shut down, build hospitals in a week and hastily attempt to control this virus--it is NOT "just a flu".   

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/25/health/coronavirus-us.html

If we're about to be on the cusp of something very very tragic, so please a reminder:  practice self love and keep doing your meditations.  We're all one and in this together.  I really hope this will go on to better days soon.  

Yes Indeed. It will be a pandemic. First Time in 7 years my gut stuck on it.

Smoking a tons of weed to sleep recently

I played Plague. This virus is doing so far a perfect job.

1-40 days : asymptomatic but contagious ( 70% of earth will be getting it )

True R is not R0 but close to R4 ( spread force )

Short immunity After getting it ( 3 weeks of bed )

You can be infected again.

I m in France. Worst Italia 400 infected so far.. France = total lies.

Venise carnaval canceled. Many italian town in quarantine.

Leo didn't see that coming. And most people here are still in wonderland.

I m filling more bottle with water. But I feel even if France quarantine cities it will be a mess.

Go watch Dr John Campbell last vidéo and Come tell me I m full of shit.

With FACTS. Don't talk of media manipulation ( idiotic ) there is distinction to make here.

I use FACTS to believe my truth.

This will be the first part of dystopia.

But the good part that all countries seams to agree on....

If poor country loose 60% of their population the top tier abuse of planet will be ok. ( Hunhun )

On 2020.01.31. at 11:27 PM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Im quite offended its 2020 but theres still only recognition of male viruses. This forum is about equality is it not?^_^

Don't make me pull Jordan Peterson on you, sir (yes, i also did just assume your gender).

coronavirus-1579720400.jpg

This virus looks like a dog toy. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

9 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Yes it's even worst, apparently the virus work by phase, and could kill you a week after you look cured, could be an internet scam, but there is multiple cases of people getting reinfected.

if we get all of us this disease because there is 80 cases in my regional state ( part of France )

now it's time to not hang with people.

I'll die kissing my girlfriend who don't give a fuck ( because she is "being" APPARENTLY )

cause the gov MINIMIZE,

LIE TO US.

because panick would cause more death and kill the economy.

there is 5x more cases in France from sources ( doctor in real life )

at this day, my locality has 80 cases. ( it's like a states in USA you divide by 4 part, and you got a part as my "locality" )

Everyone who don't give a fuck at the day of today, is a criminal.

this disease spread so much, that best scientist talk about 80% of worldwide spread.

we would not be able to help others countries.

all heath system of all country will go down.

TRUMP is lying ( ignorant & stupid more than lying ), the heat doesn't kill the virus ( malaysia got 27 cases today )

TALKING POLITIC RIGHT NOW IS NON SENSE.

TALKING IDEOLOGY RIGHT NOW IS NON SENSE

MEDITATING RIGHT NOW IS NON SENSE

Wake the fuck up world. this isn't the flu, it's the VIH and SRAS, it's as dangerous.

CAUSE we don't know.

it already evolved.

at this point in time, already billions are "already dead" in the month, not directly caused by corona, but because of no place in hospital to cure people from even others disease.

we talk about an increase in 80% of patients for 6 months at least.

HOW can people sleep on that ? 

they are more toxic and dangerous than terrorist.

the ASYMPTOMATIC SPREAD THAT STAY INCUBATED IN YOUR BODY FOR 2 to 24 days, is HEAVY DANGEROUS.

contacting and touching other human being right now, is like dangerous for you and for others.

we need to quarantine the entire world, and to fight against the corona.

this is out common threat, all ideas and debates are meaningless at this time right now.

your meaningless ego should tell your gut to wake the fuck up

http://french.china.org.cn/china/txt/2020-02/08/content_75685754.htm

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762452

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3065091/coronavirus-recovered-patient-dies-china-reports-139-new-cases?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24cDUptOkdlSd6S43LSDWhlNvNyH0_oKjRWafwLYpUJdQMQdMOvfnfOYg#Echobox=1583372392.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1181630.shtml

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1181121.shtml

if you don't trust this disease is a mankind threat, you should please never play plague, because the best way to destroy humanity is low lethality and high spread, because high spread lead to more host, more host lead to more evolving, more evolving lead to more symptoms, more death/more contagious.

vaccines only work for basic mutation, not for all of the new ones that will happen.

I need to be alarmist, because you really need to be alarmed and wake the fuck up if you love your kids and family.

if you accept death, it's good aswell, but don't bring others with you.

Edited by SickLuv

Gotta love how bad the statistics are looking for the US. So far we have like a 6% death rate, almost every other country has 3-5%. Not sure how the breakdown of % of elderly is impacting this statistic, and if the sample size it too low, but it's certainly not reassuring for our healthcare system. There are plenty of cases that have been undocumented, and likely people that have recovered. 

The big company that I'm working at (over 100k employees across the US) is doing drills for having entire staff groups work remotely, and I'm currently still a contractor so I won't be able to utilize this remote access.
Schools and businesses that rely on social interaction are going to be a haven for the virus, so I'm starting to get  just a bit anxious at a potential prolonged job suspension for the family here, as it creeps into our city day by day. The weekly healthcare cos ts won't go away for us during this period, so it can get pretty crappy. I already got us some prep gear, just need to stock up on packaged food like nuts, seeds, maybe even grains since there's cheap. Depends on if we'll ever hit China levels of being banned from going outside. I'd like to think some mandatory hand sanitizer and common courtesy check at the door of specific businesses would be a bit helpful. 

Not freaking out yet, but trying to plan ahead. I think we have to look and see what the people and governments on the west coast, specifically L.A. are doing in response to the virus, and plan from there.

Edited by Vladz0r

My state Kerala a part of India had two or three corona cases at same time when it was spreading in wuhan. And three of them where isolated and is now fine. There where no other cases coz of good healthcare we had. But now other states in India is reporting and it will be hard to control since many north states dont even have proper healthcare.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, anonuser131 said:

Ok so Pluto Got in contact with me through Gmail and he said Leo and his minions permanently banned his account because he was sharing and linking up how this whole coronavirus has been a distraction and its more about a deployment of 5G, banking systems, vaccines and control over the masses with technological and chemical warfare. He said he has other accounts and can still easily access this forum through different IP's he uses time to time but he no longer feels the need to be here cause he said this forum has become very deluded in its own agenda and take its own self-destructive entity and can foresee its downfall soon enough if it continues. He sends much love to all those who shared this experience with.

Thanks for sharing this information. So begins a new chapter, take care Pluto. Greatly appreciate the guidance, always