Ferdi Le

Do you ALWAYS eat healthy?

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

so whats constitutes good nutirition is pretty clear to me and I dont really get why people are so confused about it.

https://www.actualized.org/blueprint/eat-healthy

It is alsop undeniable why eating healthy is crucial.

My question is: Do you always (!) eat healthy, or do you have some wiggle room? I eat healthy most of the time but am still attached to some form of reward from more unhealthy food. Right now, I still crave some pasta with cheese 1x per week. I can imagine reducing it to 1x for every two weeks.

But I still struggle with the idea of cutting it out completely. Of course eating pizza at a resturant is not extremely nutritious, but the experience can be very rewarding.

Has cutting it out completey really such a high marginal utility?

@Leo Gura

I really love your recipie that you shared on yt in 2014 and your soup and your smoothie.

I am totally on board with eating that 95% of the time. But did you cut out things like pasta completely??

Small steps, you can't go from eating 100% unhealthy to eating 100% healthy in one day / week / month.

And you can't ever eat 100% healthy in today world. Eat the best of your ability but when you'll fail, don't judge yourself - that's the most important thing. Small steps. 

Also - instead of cutting - try replacing, it's easier and also healthy. Like - I'm going full vegan now (+eggs, which are not vegan, but I don't care - they are the best source of protein in the world) and instead of pasta I started using groats, instead of sugar - honey, etc. 

If you want to stop yourself from backsliding, you can schedule your backslide, what I mean is - f.e I'm going to do 1 day a month of cheat day. Eating whatever I want, even meat, sweets, ice-cream etc. That way YOU are the master, not your mind. 

7 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Small steps, you can't go from eating 100% unhealthy to eating 100% healthy in one day / week / month.

Sure you can. Probability isn't great but its possible. Given how fat most Americans, its not bloody likely. 

I recommend finding lost of healthy replacements for things that you already enjoy. I'm doing a whole food plant based diet, so I eat everything that I would normally eat. I just use whole, plant-based ingredients which include fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and tubers. And then, I type it all into Cronometer to make sure that I'm hitting my macronutrient (carbs, proteins, fats) and micronutrient (vitamins and minerals) targets with my diet.

Also, I don't really think Leo's soup is that healthy... unless you add a protein to it (like lentils, beans, or split peas) and a LOT less oil... ideally none.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I think like with everything in life, moderation and learning to listen to your body is key. 

As you said, going to a restaurant and eat pizza can be very rewarding. Why cut it out for your whole life? As long as you don't do that too often, I see no problem with it.

Sure, you can think of a healthier restaurant to go to, because maybe what you really enjoy is doing something different, the social connection and there's plenty of healthy and delicious food, so if you always eat pizza when you go out, you can start going to these kind of places more often. But if you love pizza, even if it's not the healthiest food, you can still enjoy it once in a while without damaging your overall health. 

IMO, the most important thing is to see what feels right for you. For me, forcing myself never to eat something like pizza would feel like a punishment and I see no point in punishing myself like that xD, unless I'm eating unhealthy stuff too often in which case I would look at the underlying causes and change my habits. 

If you usually have a healthy diet and eat something "unhealthy" now and then, you'll be fine. As others have suggested, you can look for the healthier version of your favorite foods (dark chocolate instead of other kinds of chocolate, pure peanut butter, homemade pizza with quality ingredients, olive oil, reducing processed foods, etc.).

this is the wrong section lol 

but ummm what does "eating healthy" even mean? Listening to your body? Shit i've met raw vegans who "eat healthy" according to their beliefs but aren't what i would consider to be healthy consumers. I personally hate limitations and ive learned to not enforce any type of diet on myself but letting go of foods that no longer serve me is a long process connecting deeper with wants and needs to create/seek out new healthy experiences that serve expansion. Can you imagine being fulfilled simply by an idea or a memory of a food you used to enjoy? The experience of eating is quite an intimate one, there is often fulfillment in "going through the motions" of old habits that used to serve emotional needs and developing a deeper appreciation for smells of foods i used to eat. 

love goes through the stomach :D - date your food - i mean...not in a canibalistic way. 

13 minutes ago, remember said:

love goes through the stomach :D - date your food - i mean...not in a canibalistic way. 

xDxDxD

interesting! The type of relationships we have with food is going to be directly proportional to the personal relationships with people; all of course reflections of the relationship with hold with ourselves :ph34r:

I try to eat high quality food all the time. You will hit a point it makes you sick to try to eat anything else after you have done it for so long. And you feel almost instant negative effects of low quality food. Once you have it sorted of what you eat and what you don't it is pretty east to keep around good stuff. You won't miss all of the junk if you really explore all of the healthy options out there. 

https://minimalistbaker.com/1-pot-everyday-lentil-soup/

Give this a spin without the oil too. I like this quite a bit. I have even made some vegan sloppy Joe's with a piece of lettuces for the bun and it was excellent. It just takes more time and learning to make tasty healthy food. 

I don't think this was exact recipe, but skip the sugar added crap for this and olive oil:

https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/

the desire for low consciousness food god away, as you become more conscious...