VeganAwake

No free will

28 posts in this topic

Watch at 32:00 I've been hearing a lot about this topic lately I'm sure there are much newer videos out also...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Ahh the ol no free will trap ? 

Spoiler alert: it’s both and neither! Wicked strange... makes no sense. And yet... 

45 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Spoiler alert: it’s both and neither! Wicked strange... makes no sense. And yet... 

I had that feeling as well, it's radical to think about...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Did they ever work out whether or not we have free will? 

@VeganAwake Interesting. I watched from 32:00-37:40. It matches my own experience with this. The subconscious is (at least) involved in the decision making and the I-thought likes to take credit for being the chooser. :DO.o

7 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@VeganAwake Interesting. I watched from 32:00-37:40. It matches my own experience with this. The subconscious is (at least) involved in the decision making and the I-thought likes to take credit for being the chooser. :DO.o

Yes exactly. The "I" thought loves to take credit for anything perceived as good and then blame someone else if it's perceived as bad..lol

7 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

then blame someone else if it's perceived as bad..lol

Blame others or circumstances or my ego. :)

3 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Blame others or circumstances or my ego. :)

It's amazing how stored energy and thoughts become a real felt entity...

Once one becomes aware of this and investigates, the energy seems to dissipate and then it's recognized it was never real to begin with. So wild ?

20 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It's amazing how stored energy and thoughts become a real felt entity...

Once one becomes aware of this and investigates, the energy seems to dissipate and then it's recognized it was never real to begin with. So wild ?

As identification to this energetic movement stops it starts to dissolve. Never real as in it never was a you having it. Real as in it exists until it doesn't. Wild indeed. :)

Free will is a fucking joke mate.

Last 2 weeks is enough proof, I have zero control in my life, it's all an illusion to make me feel like I'm a real person with choices.

What a fucking lie, we're just puppets who thinks there is no strings ?

And yes it pisses me off, I'd rather fully experience i have zero control all the time, or not feeling this in between at all, THAT SUCKS ???

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 1/6/2020 at 11:45 PM, Consilience said:

And yet you aren't able to debunk the claim that everything is pre-determined, and if it isn't on a quantum level you still aren't able to use that to have free will

19 minutes ago, Shin said:

Free will is a fucking joke mate.

Last 2 weeks is enough proof, I have zero control in my life, it's all an illusion to make me feel like I'm a real person with choices.

What a fucking lie, we're just puppets who thinks there is no strings ?

And yes it pisses me off, I'd rather fully experience i have zero control all the time, or not feeling this in between at all, THAT SUCKS ???

Good luck dancing with this guy. ?

15 minutes ago, tenta said:

And yet you aren't able to debunk the claim that everything is pre-determined, and if it isn't on a quantum level you still aren't able to use that to have free will

They did not prove it either, just that they can predict what you will press based on your mind patterns, even that they could not with perfect accuracy, they were shy on saying how much % correct guess they had though. 

Humans have  very strong mind patters, that is how you spend most of your day , doing same things without taking any action in it, so yes, it will be strongly skewed in favor of no free will. 

Free will, it should be obvious to anyone how this works, you would have to not want to see to not understand it.  Imagine explaining to an uninterested friend how their sense of being an individual isn't founded on anything true.  They would be angry, and resist it, even though understanding that would lead to a happier existence.  This is the same type of thing when you're on the threshold of admitting to yourself free will isn't a thing.  It's like you resist it, you don't want to, even though it would lead to such relief.  The fact that they have to do tests to prove this to themselves, do people not trust their own understanding of existence.

Ok how to help?

Expand notion of yourself.

You are Source of THIS. There is a YOU. 

It's not ? you but ❤️ you. 

5 minutes ago, Mulky said:

Free will, it should be obvious to anyone how this works, you would have to not want to see to not understand it.  Imagine explaining to an uninterested friend how their sense of being an individual isn't founded on anything true.  They would be angry, and resist it, even though understanding that would lead to a happier existence.  This is the same type of thing when you're on the threshold of admitting to yourself free will isn't a thing.  It's like you resist it, you don't want to, even though it would lead to such relief.  The fact that they have to do tests to prove this to themselves, do people not trust their own understanding of existence.

And who would be the one who would accept, or not accept it, who would be the one who understands it?

You understand how you saying this just contradict no free will? 

The one who would accept, not accept, or understand, would just be 1 segmented off part of an infinite happening.  No one would really be doing it.  The people who understand, don't determine whether they understand or not.  One of the main reasons for identities came to be was for functioning in life, including basic conversation.  I am not determining reality here by the way I am composing my basic conversation here, just trying to communicate.

25 minutes ago, Mulky said:

It's one thing to know something intellectually, it's a totally different thing to konw it experientially.

You'd know that if you'd gone through it, instead of implying we're stupid shit.

Compassion would be there.

I debunked you devil ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

delete please :)

Edited by Mulky