Beginner Mind

How is it that God exists?

48 posts in this topic

@Beginner Mind You can't understand God or explain God because you are God. It is a self-referencing strange loop. Through practice and psychedelics, you can get to the level of being that you are aware you are God, that's how you know God exists because you exist. But know that this knowledge is not logical or limited by human comprehension, so it is impossible to explain it fully because it is infinite. You can't explain all of existence and non-existence to something within existence, it will take an infinite amount of time. 

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Leo Gura I don't mean bestow enlightenment upon me.  Enlighten me, as in, explain how God exists.  How is it possible for something to be unborn and eternal?  Is this something that can only be directly experienced?

I have explained all this ad nauseum. You should be sick of my explanations at this point.

Make sure you are actually watching the videos. It's all there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Beginner Mind

You have a common misconception about the nature of reality. It's only something I've recently been able to wrap my head around. 

So what you're doing when you ask this question, is you impose duality (cause and effect) on something nondual, that thing being all of existence. If you contemplate through this, you realize that for there to be anything at all, there has to be an original miracle. For science it's the big bang. For Christians, a bearded man in the clouds is the origin. From this miracle, all other phenomena can supposedly be explained. But the mystical origin of existence itself can never be explained in dualistic terms, such as your question of "where did it come from?" This leads down an infinite regression of questions, and it leads nowhere because it HAS to rely on an original mystical origin. That's what winternight meant by the Self being beyond a beginning or an end. "Time" is something that is imagined WITHIN reality. You're left with a simple fact: reality just fucking IS. If there was a cause and effect reason for consciousness to exist, then that would make our current reality is a 2nd order phenomena, meaning that our reality wouldn't be all there is. You split apart what is nondual. For everything to be ONE, it cannot rely on external meanings or methods of coming into existence. 

Of course, the mind cannot grasp this concept because it defies everything. Your entire existence is built on duality, so don't worry if you're not "getting" what I'm saying. There's nothing to get. It's whether you can surrender to the irreducibly mystical reality we live in. Notice that your dualistic questions about an infinite, nondual reality will NEVER end or be satiated. You'll always catch glimpses of the truth that Nothing is here, yet you'll be in denial about it. Like a dog chasing its tail. "But there MUST BE A REASON! LEO HASNT TRULY EXPLAINED THE ORIGIN OF EXISTENCE ITSELF!" 'round and 'round you go...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

God created itself. How is that possible? Because God is ONE, it cannot be limited from the outside, since there is no outside. So it is able to do the "impossible". In truth, there is no such thing as impossible for Infinity. So it becomes possible to create oneself.

It feels like some kind of unknowable Smart Energy with no limitations. Pure potential with no beginning and no end, it's what IS. Some kind of pregnant nothingness. It's an everything and a nothing. There is nothing that it's not, it's the all encompassing. It's absolute perfection. It's infinite. It's meaningless and means everything.

Its THIS ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Yes you are correct. Yet have you ever experienced this in it's pure formlessness? 

Philosophy is all nice but Self Realization and inversion is real thing. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God created itself. How is that possible? Because God is ONE, it cannot be limited from the outside, since there is no outside. So it is able to do the "impossible". In truth, there is no such thing as impossible for Infinity. So it becomes possible to create oneself.

Maybe I'm just dumb but this is way over my head.  Makes zero sense to me that something could create itself.

6 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Leo Gura I don't mean bestow enlightenment upon me.  Enlighten me, as in, explain how God exists.  How is it possible for something to be unborn and eternal?  Is this something that can only be directly experienced?

it`s because something can`t but nothing can.

11 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Maybe I'm just dumb but this is way over my head.  Makes zero sense to me that something could create itself.

It makes zero sense that something could create anything other than itself.

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yes you are correct. Yet have you ever experienced this in it's pure formlessness? 

Philosophy is all nice but Self Realization and inversion is real thing. 

There isn't anywhere it's not.

It's the canvas and the artist.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There is only God. Only God.

Ok how to help you. 

@VeganAwake Just don't be so sure you figured all out. As much all that talk is all correct it is stil conviction / beleif based.

It's you in false egoic state beleiving non dual philosophy and pointers. 

There is actual path. There is a path to your True State. State of Pure Conciousness. 

So practises are real deal. They really are. 

From someone who really is what is considered enlightened, with Love. 

If God is One and can't create anything other then itself. What is THIS then but YOURSELF. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

5 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

There is only God. Only God.

Ok how to help you. 

@VeganAwake Just don't be so sure you figured all out. As much all that talk is all correct it is stil conviction / beleif based.

It's you in false egoic state beleiving non dual philosophy and pointers. 

There is actual path. There is a path to your True State. State of Pure Conciousness. 

So practises are real deal. They really are. 

From someone who really is what is considered enlightened, with Love. 

If God is One and can't create anything other then itself. What is THIS then but YOURSELF. 

You are already home my friend you never left it was just Maya all along. The separation from God never occurred it was all Just an Illusion.

There cannot be a path anywhere because you are already there and it's THIS and its perfect... all that's required is to recognize it ❤ 

See the game is Oneness doesn't recognize its Oneness and continues seeking Oneness within Oneness. Oneness actually creates the only Duality that could ever exist by seeking Oneness inside of itself. 

As long as Oneness keeps seeking for Oneness, it perpetuates the belief that its separate from itself. It's the running on the hamster wheel effect.

It's time to get off the hamster wheel and realize you are already home..

There was never a separate you inside the body it was just oneness entangled within the human experience. There is nothing wrong with it,  if you want to stay entangled that's just fine, that's just Oneness experiencing itself in the finite.

It's all simply THIS...❤

49 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@VeganAwake Just feel it. Sit still and be really One with THIS. Allow it to grow. 

That's what I'm telling you to do and stop all the practices talk...? the seeking perpetuates the belief you are separate and lacking something that you don't already have.❤

On 12/27/2019 at 4:50 AM, Beginner Mind said:

how is it that God exists in the first place

The word "God" is just a word to explain "existence" or "consciousness"... forget about the meaning some dogmatic people give to it.

God is what it is... but religious people doesn't get that.

GOD = EXISTENCE = I AM

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It makes zero sense that something could create anything other than itself.

Creation is just a "pointer" because there's no creation. All that creation thing in the Bible is just BS.

God never created anything because he always EXISTS. 

"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Jesus is talking as GOD because he realized the TRUTH, that he is what people call GOD, like if GOD were a separated thing, but it is not.

And he says it in present tense, because GOD just IS. He didn't create anything, maybe you are thinking in the creation of the illusion of separation.

But that's part of what he is, not created in reality because IT IS NOT. What we think IS, is not... and what we doubt and think it doesn't exists is what REALLY IS.

EXISTENCE ITSELF.

Edited by abrakamowse
Grammar

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

...this is the most loving nondual war yet.

Lol... I like that ❤

And at the end of the play and while drinking champagne backstage, The Masks will be removed to reveal there was only one actor all along, but it sure was the best show in town..?

On 12/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, Beginner Mind said:

A lot is said here about the nature of God.  "God is infinitely intelligent", "God is love", etc.  But what I can't wrap my head around, and what I haven't really seen explained anywhere, is how is it that God exists in the first place?  I once asked a former contributor to this forum, Winterknight, about this topic and he said "the Self is beyond birth and death."  Is that the closest we can come to knowing how God exists?  Has Leo ever offered an answer to this question?

@Beginner Mind 

Taoism says that any description of the Tao is not the Tao. Any insights into the Tao can only be partial insights - despite what people claim.

Taoism has the most accurate conception (or non-conception) of "God" of any tradition imo.