Beginner Mind

How is it that God exists?

48 posts in this topic

And paradoxically there is nothing that is not the way either.

Before the way is recognized, any step is in the wrong direction.

After the way is recognized there isn't a wrong direction. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Love you all. ❤️

Really don't want to be donkey slayer. 

Love you all. ❤️

Swirl around and just dance. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

@Beginner Mind 

Taoism says that any description of the Tao is not the Tao. Any insights into the Tao can only be partial insights - despite what people claim.

Including that insight/claim ;)

You can't escape strange loops when reasoning about the Absolute.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse If only Genesis read... imagination instead of image, speed of light, void, duality, etc. 

True Nahm, but ... the illusion is so strong that they can't see that. That's why Jesus said that they see but they are still blind.

"For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

And he also used to say "Whoever has ears, let them hear."

Very wise of him hehehehe

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

5 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Beginner Mind 

Taoism says that any description of the Tao is not the Tao. Any insights into the Tao can only be partial insights - despite what people claim.

Taoism has the most accurate conception (or non-conception) of "God" of any tradition imo.

Who cares about what Taoism says, or even what Leo says.
Are you gonna listen and believe shit someone else is telling you, or are you gonna directly experience what you are ?

This is the only thing that matter,
Everything else you're doing but this is mental masturbation and you distracting yourself.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse It is as if he had a sneaky funny side. 

Yes, hehehehe... so true.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 28/12/2019 at 2:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

No. There's a lot of muddled talk in this thread. The clear answer is this: you can become directly conscious of what God is, why it is, and where it came from.

Be careful with falling into the "I don't know" trap. People say "I don't know" thinking that's all there is. But there's actually something here that you haven't discovered yet which you can discover. You can discover precisely what God is. God is not an idea.

But isn´t God an idea when you in fact put it into a word? (God).

I can see the same happens to the feeling I AM. The I AM existence is really beyond any words or explanations, you can´t actually point out I AM through words, although you can try. That is why really nobody realizes the Self through an explanation or using the help of language or concepts.

As you said "The map is not the territory". Although I yet have to investigate, I´m not saying you are lying. However it´s important to point out what understanding of "God" people have in their minds when you say the true nature is God and not just being/no-self/Iamness