dyslexicFcuk

God Is Actually an Evil, Delusional Cosmic Asshole

63 posts in this topic

I have been led to a seemingly undeniable conclusion that reality as we know it must be the manifestation of an infinitely intelligent mind. After an extremely thorough investigation towards the metaphysical implications of certain 'existential plot-holes' that I will address, it seems outright incontestable that reality could be anything other than an infinite singularity of consciousness that can intelligently arrange itself. The philosophical "mind/body problem" invites your intuition to assume that consciousness arises from physical processes occurring in the brain. Similar to the intuitive nature of the earth being perceived as flat, the exact opposite becomes blatantly apparent regarding the mind/body problem when examined from a more nuanced perspective.

The brain and other physical objects are actually being generated within the infinite consciousness, and because the consciousness is infinite, it possesses all characteristics including intelligence, which is precisely how you are able to comprehend this text. The apparent nature of living in a biological ecosystem of interacting organisms through a physical environment is merely a deceitfully calculated aspect of your personal simulation designed by the intelligent consciousness. It is an absolute mind-fuck to comprehend why this must absolutely be true. The 'existential plot-holes' that led to this conclusion range from the observer effect, which occurs in quantum mechanics (best demonstrated by the double slit experiment), to the profoundly improbable nature of existing as intricately designed beings who just happened to evolve towards developing the exact synaptic wiring necessary to facilitate such rich and complicated social interactions. 

People in this community obviously give credence to this sort of "God" worldview already, but I've never heard it expressed that this may actually be a bad thing. I have never had a "mystical experience", but I'm certainly planning to get my hands on as many psychedelics as possible, so I can see for myself what all the mystical speculation is about. Perhaps such an experience is necessary to see "God" as anything other than a delusional cosmic psychopath, because from my perspective the world is too miserable for this reality to be a manifestation of pure goodness. Here are my reasons why I suspect that "God" is actually an unholy piece of shit.

• Suffering (obviously)
    None of us asked to be born. It appears as though this godlike intelligence that imagined us into being is out to fulfill it's own agenda at the cost of us lesser life forms who merely serve as non consensual subjects in it's careless cosmic playtime. Obviously I can consider the idea that an infinite intelligence has far greater means of calculating goodness than I could ever hope to, so it's possible that my perception of suffering is haplessly myopic and painfully short-sighted, but on the other hand my life is the only frame of reference I have to judge reality and it's goodness, and from my perspective I see an onslaught of misfortune of negativity. The positive aspects of life come nowhere close to overshadowing the darker facets of reality, so this idea that I am not sufficiently equipped to assess goodness is not something I can give merit to.

• Delusional bliss 
    Ever since I've intuited this view of reality I have heard from and sought out many experts in the field of non-duality, and the ones who claim to have had the most direct experiences of "God" often mention that what they experienced was "infinite goodness", or a liberating overload of "love" commonly described as unspeakably good. If it's true that ego death evokes such states of consciousness where the subject seems to merge with absolute infinity (or "God") and that it feels like overwhelming goodness and euphoria, then how can one be certain that their reality was manifested under a sober temperament? Perhaps the reason why life can be miserable is due to a blissful, deluded state of overconfidence that you as "God" are not logically receptive to, due to your infinite capacity to endure harm precluding your necessity for carefulness in your deluded state when merged with "absolute infinity". If I was on ecstasy all day and believed myself to be invincible, and had infinite means of manifesting realities, I would most likely end up creating a fair variety of monstrosities along the way. How can you be sure your life isn't a manifestation of this sort? To me this seems to be a plausible explanation for life as I know it. 

• Our supposed safety net of "death"
    So far, Leo Gura is the only person who I've heard describing death as an "infinite safety net", although others have likened death to ultimate freedom, seemingly addressing the same experienced phenomenon with different words. I fully believe it could be true that once you have transcended egoic awareness (or have died) you are free of all suffering. There is not much to doubt there, but what I detest is the notion that such a "safety net" makes all of reality good without opposite. Contrary to intuitive reasoning, Leo commonly says their can only exist goodness without opposite, such that if a thing is not good it cannot exist. The supposed rationality behind this idea is the fact that death will remind us that we are actually invincible, once we have awoken form the dream of life, making all experience a net positive to take back home, no matter what the outcome was. So if my life was 100 years of agonizing torture and that was literally all I ever knew, it would supposedly be a good thing merely because at the end of the day it was all an illusion that eventually transcends to nirvana? What if it were 1,000 years of torture? Or 1,000,000 years? Just because death is an inevitability does not mean that all experience is tantamount to a net positive. If 99.9% of your existence is suffering, and 0.1% is unspeakable bliss, this to me seems like a horrible trade-off. A typical life is around 80 years with tolerable suffering, but the same principle applies. Reality cannot just be considered "all positive" no matter how insignificant the negative experiences were.

Hopefully somebody here has some relevant insight that can rationally encourage a more positive outlook on "God" but I remain very skeptical that such an outlook is logically possible.

1 hour ago, dyslexicFcuk said:

Hopefully somebody here has some relevant insight that can rationally encourage a more positive outlook on "God" but I remain very skeptical that such an outlook is logically possible.

Hey, great thread! I'm trying to digest it slowly. I bet most of the replies will lean towards logic not having anything to do with it and to throw logic away! I'm like you,unsure of it all, but very curious :)

You say yourself you have never had a mystical experience, yet you have this elaborate chain of reasoning and logic that constructs your understanding of reality. It's good to recognize and be honest about that, so you can always ground your speculation and contemplation to that fact: I really don't know. That not-knowing is a fantastic tool with which you can contemplate deeper: "why do I hold all these beliefs and constructs, if I at the same time I aknowledge I have no first hand experience of these things? What is the force that holds them together?" 

"From my perspective the world is too miserable for this reality to be a manifestation of pure goodness" 

Exactly. Who is this "me" whos perspective is full of misery? This is a perspective you need to challenge, if you are really passionate about truth. Is the world really miserable, or is it you who projects that misery on the world? You need to be REALLY clear about this, there must be no error made here, otherwise all your inquiries on to suffering will be stained by a mistake in thought. 

"If I was on ecstasy all day and believed myself to be invincible, and had infinite means of manifesting realities, I would most likely end up creating a fair variety of monstrosities along the way. How can you be sure your life isn't a manifestation of this sort? To me this seems to be a plausible explanation for life as I know it" 

Have you applied an equal amount of scepticism to this worldview? I would be REALLY carefull to state that anything is plausible. Plausible only means "i dont know it, but i believe its believable". 

Try not to mix your own perspective to be what reality really actually is, as all perspectives are limited. 100,000,000 years of torture would be HEAVEN to someone who enjoys pain, a masochist, and for that person it would be obvious why reality is made of Love. What a wondeful situation to be in! 

In the end you have to be able to answer the ultimate question: who are you? If this is not clear you can never be sure where you are really grounding your understanding. Before that, everything you said is just speculation. Dont be afraid to throw everything into thw fire, after all, it's lighter to walk your path with less baggage. 

Cheers! 

Edited by molosku

None of us asked to be born

Yes you did.

You just forgot you wanted to, and now you're deluded and truly believe you'rr "whatever your name is".
If you didn't wanted to be born, you wouldn't exist, because you are literally God playing hide and seek with itself.

When you will die, it will be the same as when you die in a dream.
You'll be life "oh shit, that was so REAL !!!"

Then you'll either forget again to mindfuck yourself again.
Or you won't, and experience life in infinite ways while being fully conscious of yourself.

If you don't know you're dreaming, then a nightmare is very scary indeed !
If you know you're dreaming, a nightmare is a fun Z horror movie xD

xD 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin

Well put, but to me this gives way too much reality to spiritual hear-say. 

In my experience I have existed as long as I can remember. I dont't know if I have born really, but I do know I exist and I have existed, or at least I have these "memories", scenes of being in my minds eye. 

The conditioned mind interprets things from the subject/object perspective: I'm here, and I'm important, and everything else is out there.

Our mind creates right and wrongs, good and bad's, should and should not's. It also creates the illusory belief that we are separate, and have Free Will and Choice.

When the mechanism that creates pain and suffering is completely seen through, and ignorance is dispelled, a deep understanding for why things are the way they are, and why people behave the way they behave...arises.

This dispelling of ignorance and arising of true wisdom seems to take the sting out of life's so-called negative events(everything is seen as neutral and there not taken personal any longer).  The resistance to what arises out of life is dropped and allows for true unconditional love to shine through. After all the only thing that creates a negative outlook on an event is our own minds perceiving it to be that way. Awareness alone is Curative!!

2 things that create more pain and suffering:

1) Constantly seeking to find something outside of oneself to make itself Feel Complete (this seeking perpetuates the illusion/belief that the self is incomplete or lacking on some way).

2) Resisting what is... (resistance to the current situation that life is presenting... this is actually a form of insanity).

You don't see gazelles holding grudges on the lion that just ate their brother in the wild... they Shake It Off and move on. They don't have an ego to start over-thinking and creating a bunch of Illusions around what happened to this important personal ME...

When the fear of death is no longer  an issue... When life is simply experienced with an optimistic open arms approach....when with filters,veils and judgements are removed... life's happenings appear much differently ❤

Its recognized that:

Happiness is a choice!! ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Can you guys like take actual spiritual path. You know meditation, psychedilcs, yoga whatever. 

All your questions will be revelead by becoming God damn thing. 

Like all the questions. 

So you will know what "me" and "this" or "God is this way" really is. 

You are responsable for it and no else is. 

27 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Can you guys like take actual spiritual path. You know meditation, psychedilcs, yoga whatever. 

You are responsable for it and no else is. 

As far as I'm concerned, such pithy quip attempts masked as helpfulness are beyond worthless and juvenile. The obvious intention here was to encourage rational thought to justify a positive outlook towards non-duality for people in earlier stages of development. The early stages can include the intellectualizing phase where one becomes fascinated with the nature of reality and intuits a potential merit to spiritual enlightenment. If the outlook is positive that can allow motivation towards pursuing such goals to come about more naturally. I'm surprised (and embarrassed) that I'd have to explain this to a supposed enlightened master like yourself. 

I am pleasantly surprised to say that @molosku and @Shin have given me more to consider which is excellent, and frankly more than I was expecting. I also appreciate @VeganAwake bothering to explain in detail his account of enlightenment.

Going forward, allow @zeroISinfinity's comment to serve as an example what NOT to post in this thread. It would be great to see more contributions akin to the above postings. I am legitimately pondering the implications of what was been discussed so far and am looking forward to more perspectives.

Edited by dyslexicFcuk

3 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

How you feel with all those judgements. 

Bet it feels good. 

You're correct! People like you are why I have so, so much work to do towards spiritual enlightenment, ahaha. 

Mind stuff, mind stuff everywhere.

God, who is beyond understanding, beyond the human mind and intellect, beyond grasp, beyond myself.

But in my spiritual heart, in my very soul, spirit and life, in consciousness and awareness itself - there He is.

Some look at suffering and see a mistake.

I look and look yet again. All I see is perfection. Perfection in suffering, perfection in the dark and ugly, perfection in the inperfection.

But I quess it's all a matter of perspective. Perspectives, perspectives everywhere. Creation, beauty everywhere.

And God, who is beyond all perspectives, beyond all.

Simultaneously, penetrating the heart of all living.

Edited by Highest

@dyslexicFcuk Ego, ego, ego.

You are projecting your ego onto God. It is actually that ego which is an evil, delusional, asshole and devil.

How you see God reflects what you are. If you are a devil, you will see a devil.

Luckily God has infinitely zero ego.

If only you knew how good God is....

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes God is Egoless. Pure Conciousness. This thing right here is Conciousness, is You. 

Taken your mask off. Yes I am. This is literally MYSELF. 

IT is so fucking cool. Like completelly different world that has opened up. 

God separates itself in order to re-realize itself. 

It starts out as separate as possible and then moves closer to reuniting.

The farther it is from being one with itself the more evil it is and the more it suffers.   Suffering is the separation.

The more aligned, the less, until it ultimately becomes one with itself and all evil and suffering dissolve, revealing that it was just the illusion of separation.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@zeroISinfinity indeed.  Evil and suffering are illusory and imaginary, as is all form.

Its why there is much damn evil in this world.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Truest  perspective. 

There is no world. 

This is a dream. Conciousness itself. No evil no suffering possible.