Chumbimba

Fed Up... Should I go Vegan

17 posts in this topic

Okay, I am now fed up with my current lifestyle of eating and diet plan. I don't want to have any more chronic fatigue, brain fog, ADHD or any other crippling issues because I am deciding to eat poorly. Ego waffles, cereal, cake, ice cream I have been eating these things since I was a kid. There is a hole in my soul that I am trying to cover up and I use bad food to feel even worse about myself.

Last year, I went vegan for three months and loved it. I felt energized, alive and finally healthy. I had a huge backlash and have not recovered since due to the fact that I was so hungry and did not have enough food options

I would like to go vegan but my fear is having another backlash and not being able to sustain for the rest of my life like I would like to. 

Any Advice?

Thank you 

Your avenue of healing is up to you...it is your truth, maybe this video will hit home ?

“You are your own healer”

let your body guide you. Breaking free of the mind is an integrative process of being present with yourself, creating transparency in ideologies and unlearning adopted beliefs

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows yes I have been really working hard on healing myself with meditation, reading, seminars, etc. But I feel like my diet and health are really holding me back on my journey. 

@Chumbimba Yup everything is connected. I listen to the body but notice gut bacteria influences hunger, food cravings and reinforces undesirable habits triggered by emotions

Who says you have to go vegan? You can eat very healthy and still eat meat if it is preferably grass-fed organic meat. Meat is not unhealthy, if you eat meat in excess yes that is unhealthy. All you have to do is focus on NOT eating things that are bad for you such as sugar, processed foods, gluten, unhealthy oils, etc. As long as you are solely eating a whole food diet with enough vegetables you will be in great shape! 

Vegan doesn't = healthy, I'm vegan but there's a lot of vegan junk available nowadays as it becomes more popular. 

Whole Foods Plant Based is the best Vegan way of eating imo, focuses on whole foods that nourish your body. 

But first, what's your goals? do you go to the gym etc, or are you eating just for health reasons?

If you struggle with hunger cravings, try Intermittent Fasting, it's very difficult at first but after a while becomes second nature and makes it a lot easier to lose weight in my experience, which is with 16:8 fasting.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Do not go vegan.

Eat Whole Foods which means vegetables, seeds, nuts, beans, fruits, meat, fish, and eggs.

Dairy if you're body can tolerate it. But do not buy cheap dairy. Buy grass-fed or pasture raised butter, milk, yogurt. WATCH for added sugar, you want Plain yogurt. 

All the foods you mentioned are highly processed, could be filled with high fructose corn syrup, could be non-organic (which means it is higher levels of pesticides) 

The main message is eat Whole Foods that are not processed and your great grandparents could recognize.

Edited by SgtPepper

@Chumbimba

Little by little eat more fiber and choose better fats like olive oil, avocado, nuts

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

Make small changes and you won't have backlash. Start everyday with a super healthy breakfast, then go from there making little changes as you are inspired to make them. More and more notice how you feel and focus on what you can have (a clear mind, feeling good, a treat without judgement here and there), not what you can't. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Take it day by day. Balance is key, so daily try to eat all the Colors of the Rainbow, eat from each Food Group equally, and know what products and companies you are supporting. A Clean Mind can Heal. Don't support big companies, buy local, grow your own, and be aware. The external World goes deep into each Internal layer.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Yeah I just want a clearer mind for my meditation and spiritual practices. I have noticed food really fucks with my mood and so I just need a balanced health diet. I love meat. The problem is after I eat meat I kind of suffer and I feel guilty. I just feel better after eating cleaner. I just fall victim to my bad food cravings. Like while I was in Spain I ate taco bell and KFC haha 

@Chumbimba To Increase your Mind and Spirit, you should increase your Body and Heart. 

By having a good and healthy body, you will feel complete.

By having a strong and loving heart, you will receive love. 

By having a clear and sharp mind, you will understand.

By having a pure and peaceful spirit, you will transcend. 

If you are serious about Growing, then stop trapping yourself and become all those things above. Live the You that You want to Live.

Stop Falling Victim to the Ego, Become Enlightened by seeing the reactions for all of your actions before you take those actions. You would never want to be in the Soul of an Animal which only purpose is to produce meat for KFC and Taco Bell. And by you funding them, you are causing it. You need to do this like your life depended on it, diet is so important. Make this your number one goal, and trust me, you will not regret it. Get a Nutri-bullet!

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

On 19/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Chumbimba said:

Any Advice?

Thank you 

Grocery shop. Buy less. Not more food. Go 1x a week. If i don't buy it, i won't eat it. 

No junk food. Pick nutrient dense macro and micro nutrient foods. 

Get sleep on point. 8 hrs minimum. 

Cook from home. Don't eat out. Its costly and usually not very healthy. 

Weigh in once a week, empty stomach, and the same time each week to get accurate results. 

This is a long long long journey my friend. Trust that you're on the right track.

The thing with diets is that many "professionals" & people you encounter on the internet become super ideological about their diet. 

Unfortunately, most of the advice thrown around about health is... for a lack of a better phrase... completely self biased & full of shit. 

DON'T RELY ON SCIENCE.

DON'T RELY ON DIET ENTHUSIASTS.

and most of all, STAY THE FUCK AWAY from people who negate diet into a philosophy of "whole foods and you're good". 

It is mind blowing to me that no animal in nature needs an external authority to explain to them their optimal diet. An animal knows what to eat and what not to eat when it sees it. I strongly intuit that I have lost my "sixth sense" due to environmental & physical toxicity. You would be baffled if you saw the cess-pool of rotten fecal matter that came out of me this December as I was taking a vacation from Solid Food. Almost 30 days of drinking gallons of fresh juice has done wonders to my health.

I urge you to resort to a multitude of anecdotal experiences and find something that resonates. Then experiment. Merely going vegan just wont cut it although it is a great leap to take from the Standard American Diet. 

A vacation from solid food was absolutely essential for me. I was having bowel movements 26 days after I've had ate anything. It has encouraged me to keep moving forward on this journey. 

Topics to Research: Ayurveda, Solid food vacation / juice feasting, Water fasting, food combinations, bowel transit times, breathertarians, Positive / Negative pranic foods, Sattvic diet, Loren Lockman, John Rose.

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

How do you decide who to listen to and who to discard?

Well my approach is to listen to all of them and discard all of them

Only through experimentation am I able to find the 'right' fit for myself. It does give me encouragement to try new approaches to diet if I listen to a lot of people doing different things. 

You're absolutely right about youtube algorithms, they got my ass for sure.

I guess my advice doesn't fit all especially because there are people who are way older and need a 'fix' immediately. 

I'm young, I ate the shittiest food growing up so right now I am down to try radical things. 

Its really the structure when it comes to diet rather than the content of my plate. 

Why I eat, How I eat, When I eat, What do I do after eating... seems to be the most important part of my diet.