moon777light

Advice for first psychedelic trip (Mushrooms)

14 posts in this topic

I am about to take my very first psychedelic trip ever (WOOHOoO) on mushrooms, specifically 1.5g.       

( @Nahm another thing on my dreamboard that manifested)

Whats some advice for handling it in the best way possible? Any book recs? (i have a few weeks until the trip so i can squeeze in a book), methods of prep, how long to prep mentally beforehand, things to do during the trip. Im aiming not for recreational chilling stuff but spiritual advancement specifically. Music? Thank youuu!

At 1.5 not a lot can go wrong. Empty stomach, somewhere comfy - you know the drill. Something that helped me with my first trips was to do breath work and meditation prior. A helpful thing is to be well - rested, because if it's late you may start drifting in and out. Don't go in with any expectations, this will hopefully be the beginning of your psychedelic journey. Remember - don't weigh the marathon on the first 200m. 

Yes do meditation before the trip and also I like to drink lemon water with an empty stomach to take with the mushroom.  During the trip make sure to let go and surrender. Know that no matter what happens it will pass eventually. Feel the love. 

Edited by erik8lrl

Congratulation for the conscious creation!
You can meditate (or do anything to relax) before the trip. You can write your intention for the trip on the paper before the trip. 
Then, listen any music you like first 30-60 minutes. Then, you can just sit in meditation pose or lie on the couch in silence and relax on the peak of the experience.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@moon777light
Click on the Playlist Button on the top right and see what songs vibe with you. Or Listen to Music that will remind you of Positive moments in your Life. Create a playlist that is 2-5 hours long. That way you don't have to focus on it, and it can be the spiritual trip you want. Breath, Think, Take notes, Relax, just accept what is happening, let go of control, let the Ego go, See and Feel the rabbit holes. 
But #1 for never having taken any psychedelic before - HAVE A SITTER - Experienced Sitter - Important for 1st time - Or Listen to Music that will remind you of Positive moments in you'r Life. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

To be on the safe side, I'd lower your starting dose to 1g.

Better to start low and go higher later than overshoot.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into with psychedelics.

You don't need any books. Throw them away and focus on direct experience.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To be on the safe side, I'd lower your starting dose to 1g.

Better to start low and go higher later than overshoot.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into with psychedelics.

You don't need any books. Throw them away and focus on direct experience.

To be on the safe side don't listen to random advice on the webz before knowing which species of mushroom you are using.

All the respondents are assuming you are taking P Cubensis in which case 1g is a fair point to start if dried; 1g fresh will do very very little. If you are taking P Azurescens then 1g dried could slap you quite hard.

For an "awake" place on the net there are a nauseating amount of assumptions being made daily, and an overwhelming   amount of obeisance to The Appeal to Authority concept. 

1.5g of B+ were so much more gentle than 125ug of LSD for me.

Agree with Leo, 1g is also a good starting point. ^_^

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

thank you guys all so much :x

@Leo Gura @dimitri thx,  i'll start out with 1g because thats better than freaking myself out with too much. seems like meditating before will help.

@Chakra Lion that has some nice music :) i plant to include some of that, and definitely the Journey game soundtrack

@Corpus honestly no idea haha i'll ask, but im pretty sure their B+'s, thats the most common in the place i live

@moon777light

I agree with 1g. You can always increase next trip. Always better to go slow. For future reference, never do 3g’s. Always more or less. 

I’ve found this calculator to be accurate.  Play around with it. Reading their descriptions (when you change the amounts in the calculator) is very beneficial, so you know what’s coming and aren’t freaking out about it. 

Arguably, the best possible preparation, is the simple practice of consciously breathing from your stomach, and letting thoughts go. If the shit starts hitting the tripping fan, just relax your body, and consciously breath from your stomach. Just like when you’re at the movies, and the tense seen comes. Just relax, and breath. 

From now until the trip - imo, the most ideal scenario, is simply you loving yourself, doing things you like, feeling good. Abraham Hicks on YouTube is a great resource of positive perspective, and love. 

If possible, outdoors is best. Nature’s beauty. ♥️

Above all - EVERYTHING IS TOTALLY FINE. YOU, ARE, TOTALLY, FINE. RELAX. 

And if you feel you need a nice, comforting, happy thought...we’re all there with you, loving you, wanting the best for you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yeah definitely don't bother with the books, it's pretty hard to read while you're tripping, and not necessary at all.

Music can be like a massage for your tripping mind, definitely have some great music queued up for your trip.

I recommend going into it with a light belly, not fully fasted, but definitely not full. Have a bit of fruit on hand in case you need to get your blood sugar up during the voyage. It can be nice to drink some mint tea with honey or something like that as you get into the late part of your trip.

Wear light and comfortable clothes, layers. Stretchy, soft, warm materials are really good.

Put your phone away, turn it to silent, turn off your computer screen. 

Go for a walk at some point.

1g should be a very nice, and light, dose :) 

Have fun!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Nahm thank you for the calculator! turns out for first trip 0.7 would be ideal lol but ill go with a gram

On 12/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, Nahm said:

Arguably, the best possible preparation, is the simple practice of consciously breathing from your stomach, and letting thoughts go. If the shit starts hitting the tripping fan, just relax your body, and consciously breath from your stomach. Just like when you’re at the movies, and the tense seen comes. Just relax, and breath. 

From now until the trip - imo, the most ideal scenario, is simply you loving yourself, doing things you like, feeling good. Abraham Hicks on YouTube is a great resource of positive perspective, and love. 

i'll keep this in mind xx

@outlandish i meant any books to read before the trip (liek weeks before) that give good advice or something haha

On 12/16/2019 at 6:35 PM, outlandish said:

I recommend going into it with a light belly, not fully fasted, but definitely not full. Have a bit of fruit on hand in case you need to get your blood sugar up during the voyage. It can be nice to drink some mint tea with honey or something like that as you get into the late part of your trip

yeah i always hear ppl say empty stomach, and then first time trippers complain on reddit that their empty stomach distracted them a lot and possibly even contributed to a bad trip. Ill have something light an hour or two before. 

3 hours ago, moon777light said:

@outlandish i meant any books to read before the trip (liek weeks before) that give good advice or something haha

Oh that makes more sense xD. Yes good idea to read some quality material before entering a trip, the content can influence and guide your trip in a positive way. It's hard to make specific suggestions because the possibilities are completely wide open, you could literally read on any subject and this material will seep into your trip. You could pick a book that is very high quality, higher ground material that really resonates with you.

If you wanted some really classic material, you could check out Ram Dass' works (aka Richard Alpert). That just came to mind, but there are so many possibilities here. I'd just suggest to go for the highest ground that you can vibe with.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I think Terrence McKenna recommends dancing silly for 10minutes if you're scared.  Also helps increase oxygen flow.

I tried 2gs a few weeks ago and barely tripped.  I'd been microdosing for about a month prior.  Does anyone have related experiences or info. regarding microdosing perhaps reducing sensitivity to larger doses?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins