Spiral Wizard

Why is Sadhguru engaging in discussions & interviews

23 posts in this topic

Leo presented many reasons for why arguing is untenable & why he isn’t engaging in discussions, etc. 

But why do you think is Sadhguru so outgoing when it comes to the media and interviews?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Enlightenment and even self actualization are not cookie cutters, God/Source is a master sculptor. You never know what the results are going to look like, and the sculptures never get completed anyway. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Leo presented many reasons for why arguing is untenable & why he isn’t engaging in discussions, etc. 

But why do you think is Sadhguru so outgoing when it comes to the media and interviews?

Because thats Leos opinion and others will disagree with that.
You will find all kind of different behaviours when you study the enlightenend ones. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

6 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

He does it everyday in this forum though.  He will go pubic later

6 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

why do you think is Sadhguru so outgoing when it comes to the media and interviews?

He was probably born with an outgoing personality and he loves the limelight

He's also about 20 years older than Leo, plus has a larger beard.

Edited by Nak Khid

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

He does it everyday in this forum though.

True haven't thought about that.

He will go pubic later

Would be fucking epic.

He will shake society up, big time. To be honest, I think in a few decades or centuries, when SD stage yellow becomes mainstream, Leos videos will have millions of views. 

plus has a larger beard.

Yeah that's probably it haha

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Engaging in discussion doesn’t automatically make someone less enlightened.

If Leo thinks it does, then I find it a bit strange that he’s talked down to some people on this forum. If he considers that to be better than eye-to-eye discussion, so be it. Live and let live. 

But realize that such a perspective is by no means objective. You can disagree with him. 

Sadhguru is Sadghuru, Leo is Leo. Yes, as God, they are one and the same, but don't overestimate the creation of finitude. The design of it is beyond comphrension, the Actuality of it cannot be denied. God doesn't fuck around. 

Sigh....

You guys so misunderstand what I say. Stop being so literal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sigh....

You guys so misunderstand what I say. Stop being so literal.

Misunderstandings happen. Why so down? You may have just worded it in a way that communicated something else to somebody else. It doesn’t mean they’ve done something wrong. Just a different standard of communication is all. 

@Spiral Wizard remember that the ultimate goal in this work is to discover you are God and that you are your own authority.  Teachers are here to guide you but at some point you have to outgrow the need to place authority in someone else and realize that you are it.  And always think for yourself first and foremost.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

plus has a larger beard.

That's all that matters in an argument ?

Sadhguru is going around marketing himself. What is hard to understand about this?

If I was invited to go on CNN and talk enlightenment, I would go. Just for the views. All interviews and debates are basically marketing gimmicks. Then again, nothing of substance would be accomplished by this.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If I was invited to go on CNN and talk enlightenment, I would go. Just for the views. All interviews and debates are basically marketing gimmicks. Then again, nothing of substance would be accomplished by this.

Sounds like the consensus is that you would need to grow the beard out first.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

This was a debate and it had a great impact on how people view plant based diets.
Wilks exposed Kressers lies and bullshit for good.
SO dont say debates cant accomplish anything worthwhile.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

@undeather That's all relativistic hearsay.

Existential truths are of another order. Truth cannot be found through hearsay or external authority figures.

Just because a debate sounds convincing to the ego-mind doesn't make it sound.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@undeather That's all relativistic hearsay.

Existential truths are of another order. Truth cannot be found through hearsay or external authority figures.

Just because a debate sounds convincing to the ego-mind doesn't make it sound.

Aha. Well I call bullshit.
What about this one? Sounds pretty ego-minded to me:

Literally nobody is talking about existential axioms or ontology here, this is all about relative truth.
Again, how is debating the health effects of a vegan diet and exposing lies that are made up by some baffoon "relativistic hearsay"?
You can literally deny ANY discussion about anything with the right amount of relativism, but that doesnt get us anywhere as a collective.

Edited by undeather

- Rainer Maria Rilke

I've watched many videos of Sadhguru over the past year or so. In many of them he states that people would come to him and say if they had met him 25 years ago, their lives would have changed completely. That is when he decided to very public and started going to colleges and universities so people can have an opportunity to know about whatever he is teaching at a young age. I doubt he cares about becoming famous or do it for views. He stated that he wants to raise people's consciousness and include as many people as possible in it. And that is why he started all the publicity. Imagine living in some rural town and not even have any idea about consciousness or enlightenment. Now with the internet, he is using it as a great tool to reach those people. 

As far as arguments and stuff go, I'm not sure, I find it is always someone else trying to argue and Sadhguru is usually calm and non-reactive. If you look up videos of Isha Foundation from 8-10 years ago, they are pretty deep and deal with very insightful topics as opposed to the ones he is doing in the interviews. The reason for this I think is that the format of his talks is usually a question-answer one and the questions coming from the audience are rather mediocre and standardized. Look for videos or interviews that Sadhguru gives to people who are already doing some form of personal/self/development and you will find it very different from the rest. 

I also find some channels on YouTube use click-bait titles to attract viewers in Sadhguru's name. 

Edited by rNOW

43 minutes ago, rNOW said:

Now with the internet, he is using it as a great tool to reach those people.

That's exactly my point. That's marketing.

You misunderstanding very core idea, Even though sadhgrhu is enlightened he has a limitation he can't integrate everything and present like Leo did. 

Sadgurhu only feel or live enlightenment for himself, and it works for him and which doesn't work for others who are not enlightened. But he couldn't justify or teach it in way for scientific, religious, or any kind of people. His enlightenment is spontaneous. 

Leo can feel, live and articulate, he can describe every possible ways of paradigms because, his rich point of view and research. His enlightenment is on ground. 

Imagine Leo go after debate and how much ego will die and react.