Jahmaine

Why is there a duality instead of triality?

16 posts in this topic

Why don’t we start off seeing triality and then see the union as a oneness? 

What would a triality world and philosophy teaching look like? 

Pretty useless concept in my opinion. Just adds to the division. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Fundamentally duality is created by one division. One division is the bare minimum to break oneness. Duality refers to any number of divisions beyond one. Duality includes triality and anything other than oneness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

what does that even mean? triality? is it triviality, trialty or trinity?
before we would discuss triality wouldn’t we need to know what the nature of triality is! i would say difference vs sameness are closely relative to division vs unity.

@Jahmaine Finally, a fellow non-trial seeker on here. Lets do a meet up ;)

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

6 hours ago, remember said:

what does that even mean? triality? is it triviality, trialty or trinity?
before we would discuss triality wouldn’t we need to know what the nature of triality is! i would say difference vs sameness are closely relative to division vs unity.

Triality would be a three way version of duality, so for arguments sake, instead of us seeing a duality like black and white, a triality would be something like black white and grey.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6vKKnkVQfbVYejt56

BRAHMA VISHNU MAHESWAR

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Duality means infinity, just as non-duality does. The former is in division (form), while the latter is in wholeness (formlessness).

The notion you're suggesting is pretty much useless in my opinion, because duality already covers it and it covers every other shade between black and white.

What I think is interesting, though, is the process of realising the trinity of:

1. Duality.
  2. Non-duality.
  3. The integration of both.

This, in my opinion, is very worthwhile to look into and study, as the latter is the balance between the former two and only comes after realising each of them individually.

So, the ordinary human being (scientist) stops at the level of duality. They are good at analysing things and creating divisions in reality.

The next level would be the enlightened people. They are good at seeing the big picture and connecting what's got separated by duality.

And the ultimate level would be the enlightened at the highest stages of the Spiral, i.e. stage Turquoise and beyond. I don't know a lot about this category, but I assume they are the ones who create the biggest changes in history, they have a lot of leadership traits and they are the most integrated and balanced human beings there are.

Edited by Lento

8 hours ago, Jahmaine said:

Triality would be a three way version of duality, so for arguments sake, instead of us seeing a duality like black and white, a triality would be something like black white and grey.

What if you look into it from a different angle...
Ultimate duality for white is not black.
Ultimate duality for white is "not white". For example "not white" is green, blue, apple, breath, forum and anything else but not "white". 
Do you see how duality contains triality and any other magnitude of division?

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

14 minutes ago, dimitri said:

What if you look into it from a different angle...
Ultimate duality for white color is not black.
Ultimate duality for white is "not white". For example "not white" is green, blue, apple, breath, forum and anything else but not "white". 
Do you see how duality contains triality and any other magnitude of division?

Yes I do. The question I’m asking is akin to saying “why are the laws of physics the way the they are?” 

Just curious at what a hypothetical world would be like with a triality type structure, a parallel universe where death implies life and a new state of being, like death-life, or black implies white a grey; it’s all hypothetical obviously and has no use, it’s just a thought provoking question.

In this type of world, what type of teachings would there be to show the triality illusion of the universe.

death implies life and a new state of being, like death-life

How do you know it isn't the case Now? ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Just now, dimitri said:

How do you know it isn't the case Now? ;) 

Lol, maybe in a parallel universe, where people perceive things as “you, me and (some other dimension of separation)” 

what a crazy world thatd be lol

On 12/9/2019 at 0:30 AM, Jahmaine said:

I've contemplated this area and this is what appears for me. . . A duality of two opposites is a major realization, yet is is a very low resolution map. It is the most basic map we can create. For example, we could say New York City is east and draw a straight line to San Francisco which is west.  This is as basic as it gets. To give our map higher resolution, we can add in cities along the NYC to SF line. For example, Omaha Nebraska falls on the line midway between NYC and SF. Yet this map is still very low resolution - it doesn't include any cities off the line - what about Toronto? Well, Toronto is west of NYC - yet it's not so simple. We now need to add in a North / South duality. This greatly expands the playing field. Yet it is still limited. What about Moscow? That doesn't fall between NYC and SF. . . 

In practical terms, we do this with gender by creating two points called "masculine" and "feminine" and drawing a line between the two. Thus, everyone falls somewhere on the line between masculine and feminine. Yet just like the NYC to SF line, this is a very low resolution map that is highly limited. It is only an east-west dimension. What about "places" north of the "masculine" - "feminine" line? This is off the line - it has a masculine/feminine component (east/west), yet also a new component (north/south). As well, there is plenty to be discovered beyond our current limits of the masculine/feminine points. What is east of our NYC east point? What is east of our masculine point? What is west of our feminine point?

Because of the importance we place on survival. It seems like we either survive or we don't.

Do, or do not. There is no tri :)

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

23 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I've contemplated this area and this is what appears for me. . . A duality of two opposites is a major realization, yet is is a very low resolution map. It is the most basic map we can create. For example, we could say New York City is east and draw a straight line to San Francisco which is west.  This is as basic as it gets. To give our map higher resolution, we can add in cities along the NYC to SF line. For example, Omaha Nebraska falls on the line midway between NYC and SF. Yet this map is still very low resolution - it doesn't include any cities off the line - what about Toronto? Well, Toronto is west of NYC - yet it's not so simple. We know need to add in a North / South duality. This greatly expands the playing field. Yet it is still limited. What about Moscow? That doesn't fall between NYC and SF. . . 

In practical terms, we do this with gender by creating two points called "masculine" and "feminine" and drawing a line between the two. Thus, everyone falls somewhere on the line between masculine and feminine. Yet just like the NYC to SF line, this is a very low resolution map that is highly limited. It is only an east-west dimension. What about "places" north of the "masculine" - "feminine" line? This is off the line - it has a masculine/feminine component (east/west), yet also a new component (north/south). As well, there is plenty to be discovered beyond our current limits of the masculine/feminine points. What is east of our NYC east point? What is east of our masculine point? What is west of our feminine point?

Yeah that makes sense, similar to me what Leo said, it’s the bare minimum to break duality.