Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

1hour Meditation vs 30minute and 30minute

13 posts in this topic

Is two 30minute meditation, equal to one hour meditation? 

If I meditate 30 minute morning and 30 minutes in evening, can I call that 1 hour meditation?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

no

I think the impact of 1 hour med is different from 30+30 on the psyche. That is obvious. 1 hour is more strenuous and you can be more or less focused in the second half. 

Don't know which is better. Whatever you prefer I suppose. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

I personally split up my meditation throughout the day. It feels more focussed, and I tend to fall asleep if I'm meditating for longer than 30 minutes.

@Rasheed When you’re infinity you’ve gone deep enough. Do 30 min twice a day. Do an hour. Do 90 mins. Do 2 hours. Do 6 hours. Know the difference. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Rasheed Quality is the question here. 

If you are looking from relative perspective it is true 30min +30 min = 1hour. But the goal is to silence the monkey mind and be in a meditative non dual state.

Hence, 20 min meditative non dual state will be stronger than 1hour monkey mind thinking with closed eye.

Should I focus on more wuality of the meditation, than quantity? 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Which non-mind state is better, the one you” get “in an hour or the one you “get “ in 30 minutes?

This is a great question. Ime meditating for 30 minutes twice is not as effective as 1 hour. The effort required for sitting twice as long seems to give me non linear results... such that the 1 hour is more effective in the long run. Doing 30 minutes x2 is still great and if that’s all that time permits, it’s the next best thing. But there seems to be something about sitting for that long straight and facing the extra boredom or sinking that much deeper into the meditation. 

Even when I try to meditate for 30 mins, I love it so much I don't want to stop. :P 

In my experience, 1 hour meditations are little bit "more deep" than two thirty minutes one, but it also depends on the time I am meditating...Of course, quality depends on when I meditate often times..that's different for everyone.