Onecirrus

What do you have going for you other than looks?

19 posts in this topic

Dang, that's a hell of a good question... give me a week or two to rack my brain, I'm sure I'll come up with something. ^_^

Why so serious?

Because I'm gentle, caring, loving and supportive. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Is this enough ? ? 

isn’t better to be authentic rather than stereotype ideal type of guy?

Just now, Fede83 said:

Is this enough ? ? 

isn’t better to be authentic rather than stereotype ideal type of guy?

That's enough for me. Its okay to be authentic but I don't want beautiful but a non-supporting guy.. 

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Have you ever considered doing the opposite of those things, just for the sake of experimenting? I'm not kidding, a whole new way for seeing the world might open up to you simply from experimenting with your shadows. A lot of growth can happen if you embrace what you're unfamiliar with. (I'm really suggesting this with love, just like the last time, so please don't think I'm opposing you or that I'm being the devil's advocate, or anything like that).

?

Edited by Lento

I'm fun, I like to do things together that we both enjoy, I'm there when there's a trouble, I'm someone who he can talk to about anything, I love intimacy, I sometimes know him better than he knows himself, I love giving freedom to do whatever he wants to do and most of all I kick his ass when he's not taking care of himself! :D

I have an opinion on everything :D

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@JustThinkingAloud How important is physical attraction to your relationship?

Physical beauty fades. We all age, it's much more important to get along. Also, when you love someone's personality, you find them much more attractive than other people would.

To give you a bit of story/entertainment:

My first boyfriend was a model but he was too unstable so I decided that I don't want a good looking boyfriend because not only that they think they don't have to "try" to make it work, also they attract too much attention from the "competition".

My ex husband was rich, nice and bellow average looking. I thought because he was nice, it's all ok but once I got to know him properly, he had too many issues and was violent.

My current partner of 18 years is good looking but doesn't know about it (of course he's not perfect), he was completely broke when we met and now he's making more money than I do. When we met, we couldn't shut up, we just got along really quick.

@JustThinkingAloud Ahh very interesting. I kind of want it all with a relationship, all the non-physical intangibles and a deep physical attraction to my girlfriend/partner. But i don't know if i'm setting my standards too high. I value physical looks quite a bit, I think it's important to find your SO very attractive. But i also recognize it's just a belief, and i could probablly get over it, but it's something i want. 

What do you think? Am i setting myself up for disappointment?

6 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@JustThinkingAloud Ahh very interesting. I kind of want it all with a relationship, all the non-physical intangibles and a deep physical attraction to my girlfriend/partner. But i don't know if i'm setting my standards too high. I value physical looks quite a bit, I think it's important to find your SO very attractive. But i also recognize it's just a belief, and i could probablly get over it, but it's something i want. 

What do you think? Am i setting myself up for disappointment?

You'll learn your own lessons, give it a try and see. We all have unique personalities. :)

I'm very understanding, accepting, friendly and fun to be around I guess. People say they are attracted to my overall positive vibes.. 

8 hours ago, Lento said:

Have you ever considered doing the opposite of those things, just for the sake of experimenting? I'm not kidding, a whole new way for seeing the world might open up to you simply from experimenting with your shadows. A lot of growth can happen if you embrace what you're unfamiliar with. (I'm really suggesting this with love, just like the last time, so please don't think I'm opposing you or that I'm being the devil's advocate, or anything like that).

?

How am I supposed to do that? Like an example that you can give? 

@Lento can you give me examples of how to go about with it. Because I don't understand how to do that 

@Onecirrus

18 hours ago, Onecirrus said:

Why else would someone want to be with you?

There is no absolute reason as to why someone would want to be with me or not be with me. There's complete freedom on their end. I wouldn't put down qualitative or quantitative factors which I've going for me other than my looks, because 

1. I keep changing. 

2. I am none of that, and much more than that. 

coz I'm fuckin' MEEEEEEEEEE!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

You can be with me, but you cant keep me.

I am married to myself :)

Forever and ever!

B R E A T H E

39 minutes ago, pluto said:

You can be with me, but you cant keep me.

I am married to myself :)

Forever and ever!

Always ❤️

On 2019.11.25. at 8:29 PM, Onecirrus said:

Why else would someone want to be with you?

I don't know, i don't think i am very interesting, but some people giving "hints" to me think differently, which is their immagination about me, i am not sure what to think tho. If i can describe some positive attributes, that would be i can be a good listener, i am somewhat passionate, i am willing to learn about all kinds of stuff, i am willing to teach/share my talents, i am happy for a significant amount of time a day and i can be loyal, and i have found a chunk of my uniqueness to share with that partner. What else... i have certain interests other people can relate with, but one thing i am not, i am not this alpha male stage orange bs subscriber. I am really passive, really.