Bridge to Infinity

How to have Sociopathic levels of detachment with girls and dating

121 posts in this topic

@Preety_India I see.

But it's also a trap to think "this is how all relationships are", "guess this is normal", and then just accept the mundane romanceless relationship. I think that's also probably damaging to the kids.

Edited by Mikael89

@Mikael89  I think it's normal in my opinion. I don't see it as a trap especially when the beginning years of passion have gone by, I see the fading of romance or spark as normal. 

To each his own.

J̸͟͞u̸͟͞m̸͟͞p̸͟͞ s͞t̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞ j̸͟͞u̸͟͞m̸͟͞p̸͟͞ s̸͟͞t̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞t͞ 

🅗🅔🅐🅣🅗 - 🅜🅨 🅞🅦🅝 🅒🅞🅒🅞🅞🅝 🅞🅕 🅛🅞🅥🅔 🅐🅝🅓 🅟🅔🅐🅒🅔

My twin Flame guardian is a Dragon. 

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

I know exactly how women work, but that doesn't help. 

This is a block to expansion. Many women on the forum have tried to communicate to men “That’s not quite how women work” and then explain aspects of woman-ness. Many men respond by correcting the woman with their own idea of how women work. This will keep a man locked in their own paradigm. I’m not saying male perspectives lack value, I’m saying female perspectives have value.

If we want to spandex and deepen our understanding of woman-ness, the experiences and perspectives of actual women are important.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is a block to expansion. Many women on the forum have tried to tell you “That’s not quite how women work” and then explain to you aspects of woman-ness. You generally respond by correcting her with your own perspective of how women work. This will keep a person locked in their own paradigm. If we want to understand woman-ness, the experiences and perspectives of actual women are important.

It would be a completely different thing if I said I know how women work. Just chuckling inside. xD

Seeing it come from a man, I don't know, it feels unsual.... but I would be humbled if a man really knew how women work. Especially if I could agree with him. 

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is a block to expansion. Many women on the forum have tried to tell you “That’s not quite how women work” and then explain to you aspects of woman-ness. You generally respond by correcting her with your own perspective of how women work. This will keep a person locked in their own paradigm. If we want to understand woman-ness, the experiences and perspectives of actual women are important.

I want to add that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

@Mikael89 this is your blind spot. You think you know and that's what keeps you unhappy and having suicidal thoughts. This is the ego. It's covered in every single decent authentic spirituality book written. Enlightenment is demystified in the 21st century. It couldn't be any easier to understand how transformation works. But you chose to hold onto theories you don't understand, like karma, so that you can maintain the unhappy mind made self which runs your life, thinking, behaviour and makes you unhappy. 

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@mandyjw Go have a relationship with a stone then. A stone is completely un-needy of you, it's fine without you, totally detached and indifferent. Exactly what you love so much.

Just guessing here, but, you don't approach many women, do you?  It's really not as impossible as you make it seem.  Maybe you got rejected a few times and so concluded that dating is hopeless for you?  But that's not true.  You probably just aren't applying yourself enough.

Correct. You don't try to fly by flapping with your arms, because you know it wont work.

I am dead. You are utterly brilliant. I laughed harder than Elon Musk when he did meme review.

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Seeing it come from a man, I don't know, it feels unsual.... but I would be humbled if a man really knew how women work. Especially if I could agree with him. 

I also find it odd when a man says “I understand how women work”. Especially since they have zero direct experience of being a woman.

This is an exercise I do in one of my classes: I go to the chalkboard and tell the class I will ask them a question and I want them to call out ideas.  I then say “First I’ll ask the males in the class ‘Tell me all the actions you take on a daily basis to protect yourself from sexual harassment and sexual assault”. . . Silence. . . The guys look confused. . . They don’t know if this is a trick question. . . Sometimes I tease them and say “C’mon guys, don’t be shy - let it out”. Nothing. . . . Then I ask the woman the same question and they give rapid fire answers. I’m now writing as fast as I can on the board and can’t keep up with them. 

I’d say about 30% of the males have a realization that they know very little about actually living as a woman. Also that they have privilege - they don’t need to worry about protecting themself and they don’t need to be concerned about it. 
I think part of the impact comes because the students are blindsided. I teach science classes and they are not expecting a science teacher to do anything like this. I’m also male, and they are taken off-guard that a male is doing this. If it was a female professor, I think most of the males would dismiss her as “yea, yea. . . another woman trying to tell us about sexual harassment and how hard they have it.”

17 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I also find it odd when a man says “I understand how women work”. Especially since they have zero direct experience of being a woman.

This is an exercise I do in one of my classes: I go to the chalkboard and tell the class I will ask them a question and I want them to call out ideas.  I then say “First I’ll as the males in the class ‘Tell me all the actions you take on a daily basis to protect yourself from sexual harassment and sexual assault”. . . Silence. . . The guys look confused. . . They don’t know if this is a trick question. . . Sometimes I tease them and say “C’mon guys, don’t be shy - let it out”. Nothing. . . . Then I ask the woman the same question and they give rapid fire answers. I’m now writing as fast as I can on the board and can’t keep up with them. 

I’d say about 30% of the males have a realization that they know very little about actually living as a woman. Also that they have privilege - they don’t need to worry about protecting themself and they don’t need to be concerned about it. 
I think part of the impact comes because the students are blindsided. I teach science classes and they are not expecting a science teacher to do anything like this. I’m also male, and they are taken off-guard that a male is doing this. If it was a female professor, I think most of the males would dismiss her as “yea, yea. . . another woman trying to tell us about sexual harassment and how hard they have it.”

That's awesome. Great job. :)

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is an exercise I do in one of my classes: I go to the chalkboard and tell the class I will ask them a question and I want them to call out ideas.  I then say “First I’ll ask the males in the class ‘Tell me all the actions you take on a daily basis to protect yourself from sexual harassment and sexual assault”. . . Silence. . . The guys look confused. . . They don’t know if this is a trick question. . . Sometimes I tease them and say “C’mon guys, don’t be shy - let it out”. Nothing. . . . Then I ask the woman the same question and they give rapid fire answers. I’m now writing as fast as I can on the board and can’t keep up with them.

Haha, brilliant! :D

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m also male, and they are taken off-guard that a male is doing this. If it was a female professor, I think most of the males would dismiss her as “yea, yea. . . another woman trying to tell us about sexual harassment and how hard they have it.”

Good for you, really, so many guys (this forum is proof) are clueless. That exercise may be eye opening for ones that are open to a new perspective.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Namaste 🙏 🕉

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I see, cool. But personally I already knew that. No news. And I'm not sure what your point is or how it's relevant to the discussion. What you said is not even about how women work.

But yea, cool, I'm not really complaining.

Edit: okay maybe this was the "how women work" part: "all the actions you take on a daily basis to protect yourself from sexual harassment and sexual assault”

45 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Good for you, really, so many guys (this forum is proof) are clueless. That exercise may be eye opening for ones that are open to a new perspective.

So, no, at least I'm not clueless.

Edited by Mikael89

9 hours ago, Anna1 said:

The problem stems from the pick up community. There is a dogma in the pickup community that in order to be successful with a woman you must never listen to what she consciously says she wants, because that is her social facade and not her real motives.

Her real motives are to have push pull dynamics with a "bad boy" who she tries to tame and then leaves when she has turned him into her lapdog

LMAO!

Is it any wonder that the MGTOW movement has blown up?

The internet is a wonderful thing, but boy is it responsible for some nonsense or what?? 

Edited by Nickyy

38 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

The problem stems from the pick up community. There is a dogma in the pickup community that in order to be successful with a woman you must never listen to what she consciously says she wants, because that is her social facade and not her real motives.

Her real motives are to have push pull dynamics with a "bad boy" who she tries to tame and then leaves when she has turned him into her lapdog

LMAO!

Is it any wonder that the MGTOW movement has blown up?

The internet is a wonderful thing, but boy is it responsible for some nonsense or what?? 

Perfect. Sums up the the whole pickup bs

14 hours ago, Anna1 said:

4 hours ago, Nickyy said:

The problem stems from the pick up community.

Exactly! ...and those are the ones my comment was aimed towards.

4 hours ago, Nickyy said:

LMAO!

*sighs* This is one of the issues I have with it. My issue isn't the approaching itself, it's the mentality, and how it seems it's mainly to put a notch in the bed post of how many hot chicks they can pick up and sleep with. For the ones really looking for a relationship,  well great!

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Ain't that the truth!

Also, for the guys on here saying women in general only want asshole, bad boys that treat them like shit, thats just not true. Its not true for me and I've known a lot of women and a lot of couples and like I said, its not true. I'd say it's a small percentage of emotionally damaged women that want that.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Namaste 🙏 🕉

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Exactly! ...and those are the ones my comment was aimed towards.

*sighs* This is one of the issues I have with it. My issue isn't the approaching itself, it's the mentality, and how it seems it's mainly to put a notch in the bed post of how many hot chicks they can pick up and sleep with. For the ones really looking for a relationship,  well great!

Ain't that the truth!

Also, for the guys on here saying women in general only want asshole, bad boys that treat them like shit, thats just not true. Its not true for me and I've known a lot of women and a lot of couples and like I said, its not true. I'd say it's a small percentage of emotionally damaged women that want that.

Wholeheartedly agree. The whole truth of modern society is in your words. The mentality issue as you said. Me too have a problem with that. 

You are 100% right about it. I couldn't agree more. 

Everything about what I was thinking is totally summed up in your words.

People need to hear this.