Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,212 posts in this topic

" Life is life--whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage."
Śrī Aurobindo

"They proved to me by convincing reasons that God does not exist; Afterwards I saw God, for he came and embraced me. And now what am I to believe- the reasoning of others or my own experience? Truth is what the soul has seen and experienced; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."

-- Sri Aurobindo

"The cup has to be left clean and empty for the divine liquor to be poured into it."

Sri Aurobindo

"Love is the keynote, Joy is the music, Knowledge is the performer, the Infinite All is the composer and audience."

- Sri Aurobindo

"The first and the most important thing is to know that life is one and immortal. Only the forms, countless in number, are transient and brittle. The life everlasting is independent of any form but manifests itself in all forms. Life then does not die... but the forms are dissolved."

- Sri Aurobindo

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

44 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:
" Life is life--whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage."
Śrī Aurobindo

Love that ?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Not a quote, but a way of life perhaps

Screenshot_20210909-202422.jpg

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

'Awakening is about letting go of all control. That's why meditation practice can be useful for our physical bodies, which are conditioned to control, and defend, and hold on. Meditation can help you notice where the holding on is - you just sit, and stop, and notice what's going on physically, emotionally, energetically. The physical body is a wonderful mirror.' - Jon Bernie

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

When you get out of the driver’s seat, you find that life can drive itself, that actually life has always been driving itself. When you get out of the driver’s seat, it can drive itself so much easier—it can flow in ways you never imagined. Life becomes almost magical. The illusion of the “me” is no longer in the way. Life begins to flow, and you never know where it will take you.

1 hour ago, nistake said:

When you get out of the driver’s seat, you find that life can drive itself, that actually life has always been driving itself. When you get out of the driver’s seat, it can drive itself so much easier—it can flow in ways you never imagined. Life becomes almost magical. The illusion of the “me” is no longer in the way. Life begins to flow, and you never know where it will take you.

Jesus take the wheel ?

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Great things are never easy, because if they were, someone would have already done it

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)