Shaun

Why does it seem like I am a point camera looking out at reality?

28 posts in this topic

There's nothing outside of consciousness because it's everything. How is it then, I seem to be just one perspective looking around at reality, not knowing the entire universe at once?

If consciousness can't know anything outside itself then surely this perspective I'm experiencing right now (which consists of a computer, desk and room) is literally all that there is as consciousness knows all?

If this perspective I'm experiencing right now is not the only perspective/experience within consciousness, then how is it that I seem to be this thing looking out at reality?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Maybe you are not a thing looking at Reality. 

Practises. ♥️ No not ♥️

Practises!!!!! 

@Shaun Your human consciousness is just a drop in the ocean of all consciousness. This human experience you’re having is just one conscious experience of infinitely many

Nice question. Some imagery comes to mind. . . 

Do you know your entire body? Sure you do. Yet do you know the specific weight of glycogen stored in your liver? Of course not. It's not that kind of knowing. It is a transcendent body awareness type of knowing. . . Another metaphor might be: each of your fingertips has localized sensation yet there is a higher order knowing of those sensations. All of your fingers are part of the same organism called you. Yet at the finger level, each finger is limited in scope of sensation and awareness. Similarly, each human being is a "finger" on a giant organism. Yet at the human level, each human is limited in scope of sensation and awareness.  . . You are essentially asking about how this magic trick works. . . 

@Shaun Seriously that’s the most beautiful question ever. Loosely speaking, in the sense non-duality points to oneness, what you’re asking about is cosmic consciousness, or the understanding of how this is being pulled off, so to speak.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You imagine it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Synchronicity said:

@Shaun Your human consciousness is just a drop in the ocean of all consciousness. This human experience you’re having is just one conscious experience of infinitely many

Makes sense I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You imagine it.

?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun It doesn't make sense because if you stopped imagining you are a point, you'd be dead. Your life hinges on you imagining you're a point and not being able to unimagine it.

So what you're unwittingly asking for is for death. What you're really asking is, "Why can't I get myself to die?" And the answer is, because you're too scared and too attached to living.

For your own safety you don't know how to undo imagining your birth. Do you really want to unimagine your own birth? Do you understand how serious that is?

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Shaun It doesn't make sense because if you stopped imagining you are a point, you'd be dead. Your life hinges on you imagining you're a point and not being able to unimagine it.

So what you're unwittingly asking for is for death. What you're really asking is, "Why can't I get myself to die?" And the answer is, because you're too scared and too attached to living.

For your own safety you don't know how to undo imagining your birth. Do you really want to unimagine your own birth? Do you understand how serious that is?

It's very serious. I will do it when all my loved ones pass away so there's no issues if it fucks up. 

14 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Maybe you are not a thing looking at Reality. 

Practises. ♥️ No not ♥️

Practises!!!!! 

@zeroISinfinity defo

Hahaha Well building convictions Will not help him so much. Just another Advaita Bear in making. He has to actually become it to really understand it. It's not about What paradygm you Will accept about yourself or Reality. Might help to open your mind to surrender to TRUTH but other then that, practises. ♥️

Oneness=Love 

Should stop uing that Word. Heart smiles like crazy. Atleast if it Just smiles would bare that. ?

There is a path guys. ♥️

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

It's very serious. I will do it when all my loved ones pass away so there's no issues if it fucks up. 

Your loved ones are imaginary.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your loved ones are imaginary.

LOL

You're clearly enjoying messing around with him :D

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

13 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

LOL

You're clearly enjoying messing around with him :D

It is what it is.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Shaun sweetie, death is imaginary, your loved ones are not. It's an illusion that there's so much at stake here, you think that there are things to lose, but all there is that's blocking you is the belief that there are things to lose. There are things. There are things that will be perceived in a new way. 

There's no death or loss at all. That's just the way some people translate it. If it's not resonating, look from a different perspective. That's all you ever really have got, perspective. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura  Can you elaborate on that?

Is it because the people I consider to be "my loved ones" are based on illusionary and arbirary criteria, such as "we share the same DNA" ?

And that this criterion comes from me thinking I must survive?