Ampresus

What to do with this urge for more power

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Do you ever wish you were some kind of almighty being? Some emperor or king? Or in general, a very influential person?

I sometimes wish people looked up to me, that it would mean a lot for other people to get my attention/validation/approval. Having me as a friend would be someting people would brag about. Whenever I am fighting or arguing with someone, people would know the consequences of arguing with me. People would know the consequences of ''fucking'' with me (both online and IRL).

Truth is: I hold 0 power. My question is then: what would be a self-actualized way to deal with this urge? Chase it and see where it leads me? I am actually clueless.

Do you want power because you feel out of control in your life? Do you have absolutely 0 control/power in ANY part of your life? Also, when you are confident that others are willing to take your needs as seriously as their own does your desire for power decrease, what I'm asking is if there is good emotional intimacy between you and others does the desire for power decrease? Also when you find your personal strengths/things you're good at that can be a source of power. 

@Ampresus first off i'd ask myself, what does power mean to me? Does someone who is rich but angry, depressed and sad having just been left by a family have more power than someone who is poor but has a loving family who supports and sustains itself? Then I'd probably pursue the things that would bring me the most joy (highest joy) in my life and embody a version of me who'd be capable of having this reality.  

Power itself is not bad. It's how you use power that matters.

Also, I think you mean influence and respect rather than power.

Power is your ability to turn your imagination of a better situation into reality.

You may want to develop patience and stoic awareness if you feel urges.

Edited by CreamCat

18 hours ago, Andrewww said:

Do you want power because you feel out of control in your life? Do you have absolutely 0 control/power in ANY part of your life?

@Andrewww I don't control the fact that I have to go and leave school on certain times. I can't control what others think of me. Hell, I can't control others. I do have control over whether or not (and when) I go to the gym, my diet and what I do in my free time (besides when I have to study or make homework, over that I have 0 control).

Also, when you are confident that others are willing to take your needs as seriously as their own does your desire for power decrease, what I'm asking is if there is good emotional intimacy between you and others does the desire for power decrease?

@Andrewww Yes. I can't see myself hold some kind of power over my best friend. He is my mate, I see him as an equal. I also can't see myself somehow hold power over my parents or my siblings. A big ''no'' indeed.

Also when you find your personal strengths/things you're good at that can be a source of power. 

@Andrewww My strengths are concentrating in class, getting good grades and making homework. Seriously, I think that is all. I don't know if you can have power with that.

5 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Power itself is not bad. It's how you use power that matters.

Also, I think you mean influence and respect rather than power.

Power is your ability to turn your imagination of a better situation into reality.

You may want to develop patience and stoic awareness if you feel urges.

@CreamCat I would want to use my power to hurt anyone. I just would like the reputation it gives me, the effect it has on how people treat me and just have an overall great influence in huge matters.

Please elaborate: Patience for what? What would I need stoic awareness for?

Play with it. Use it as fuel for your creativity. Be with it and let it express itself in a way that is healthy. It is a wonderful feeling and it can do wonderful things, you just have to come to get closer to it, to recognize it and give it attention.

Have it be part of a creative outlet. If you were a write for example, you could write a story about an influential and powerful person, become to know that person. See the feeling as something to play and interact with instead of something that is taking possession over you.

If a dog has to much energy you play with him so that he can get rid of the energy. If you do not, he will find a way to let the energy manifest in other ways. He might use it to chew on your couch. You don't want your urges to do the same to you.

Glory to Israel

On 10/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, Ampresus said:

Hello everyone.

Do you ever wish you were some kind of almighty being? Some emperor or king? Or in general, a very influential person?

I sometimes wish people looked up to me, that it would mean a lot for other people to get my attention/validation/approval. Having me as a friend would be someting people would brag about. Whenever I am fighting or arguing with someone, people would know the consequences of arguing with me. People would know the consequences of ''fucking'' with me (both online and IRL).

Truth is: I hold 0 power. My question is then: what would be a self-actualized way to deal with this urge? Chase it and see where it leads me? I am actually clueless.

@Ampresus those that crave power are the last ones that should have it.

Low vibrational power is what you can do to others. High vibrational power is what you can do to yourself. 

If you ever get power, it will become your curse.

Edited by Matt8800

6 hours ago, Ampresus said:

@CreamCat I would want to use my power to hurt anyone. I just would like the reputation it gives me, the effect it has on how people treat me and just have an overall great influence in huge matters.

Please elaborate: Patience for what? What would I need stoic awareness for?

Manipulating reality for destructive purposes hurts you because everything in reality is connected.

If you manipulate reality for constructive ends, you will be fine.

You seem to have impulse for more power and become frustrated when you don't have more power than you want.

Be stoicly aware of how much power you have even if you have very little of it. Don't feel frustrated if it takes more time to gain power.

On 2-10-2019 at 11:15 PM, Matt8800 said:

Low vibrational power is what you can do to others. High vibrational power is what you can do to yourself. 

@Matt8800 Elaborate ''low and high vibrational power'' please.

On 2-10-2019 at 11:15 PM, Matt8800 said:

If you ever get power, it will become your curse.

@Matt8800 Dude this isn't helping me. I was asking what I should do with this urge, not for a summary of a potential consequence in case I DO get the power. I can't do much with this you see.

On 3-10-2019 at 3:00 AM, CreamCat said:
  On 2-10-2019 at 8:07 PM, Ampresus said:

@CreamCat I would

@CreamCat I just noticed a typo. I meant ''wouldn't''. Jeez that put a completely different meaning to my message.

On 3-10-2019 at 3:00 AM, CreamCat said:

Be stoicly aware of how much power you have even if you have very little of it. Don't feel frustrated if it takes more time to gain power.

@CreamCat So you're saying I should first of all be wary of the power I already posses and after that try to chase it, but not feel frustrated when it takes too long?

13 hours ago, Ampresus said:

So you're saying I should first of all be wary of the power I already posses and after that try to chase it, but not feel frustrated when it takes too long?

No. You could just be aware of your power without panic or fear even if you have very little power or your power is shrinking fast.

You could be patient without strong negative emotions even if your power is shrinking or is not growing fast.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:18 PM, Ampresus said:

Hello everyone.

Read this again and tell me you don't see that this is your ego speaking? Do you really honestly think having the above will fulfill you?

Have you ever looked carefully at people that have what you state/want above (and even more) ? They aren't the most fulfilled beings, i hope you can see that for yourself.

I am not saying it is good or bad, not at all, if you want that, go for it, the sooner the better ;) but I am trying to make you think about it.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

18 hours ago, Ampresus said:

@Matt8800 Elaborate ''low and high vibrational power'' please.

@Matt8800 Dude this isn't helping me. I was asking what I should do with this urge, not for a summary of a potential consequence in case I DO get the power. I can't do much with this you see.

@Ampresus Fair enough....

Low vibrational power is being able to control others and exercising that control for your benefit and their detriment. High vibrational power is having the ability to do so but choosing not to.

One thing I noticed when I was in mixed martial arts is that some of the most badass fighters would walk away from a shit talker in a bar knowing they could pulverize the other guy. It was always the new guys that needed to prove something.

In witchcraft, one can use those abilities to influence people's minds and curse. While sometimes it might be appropriate to use those powers, it tells a lot about the witch when they choose not to exercise those abilities.

Healthy power is when you have it but you choose carefully and mindfully when to use it. I should also say that I agree that we all need to add to our personal power but need to be careful how that plays out. There is nothing wrong with knowing we need to develop power.....its the craving of power that can be problematic.

Edited by Matt8800

On 10/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, Ampresus said:

Hello everyone.

No actually I don't ever desire that. I prefer to stay in the shadows... but then again I'm the guy people don't fuck with in person because they know better.  My guess is that your a beta male that wants to be an alpha male but you don't understand what being an alpha male is and your temperature and actually your mentality is quite dangerous because you will justify horrific Acts just for the simplest and most worthless gratifications

@MAYA EL Nice man. You just called me a beta male without actually answering my question. If you can’t relate at all, why bother answering to my topic?

Seriously what am I supposed to do with what you just said?

8 hours ago, Ampresus said:

@MAYA EL Nice man. You just called me a beta male without actually answering my question. If you can’t relate at all, why bother answering to my topic?

Seriously what am I supposed to do with what you just said?

Well I have obtained what you want which is not Desiring power so then because I have something you don't have and it's also something you want perhaps you should take a look at the mentality and the circumstance as key factors as to maybe why I have something you don't have . For instance I think your mindset is a very dangerous mindset to have and quite evil one at that probably due to some Neurosis growing up and so you can see how the desired mentality that you want views the mentality that you have as undesirable so then with confidence you can know that there's not a part of it you should keep

On 01/10/2019 at 11:18 AM, Ampresus said:

Chase it and see where it leads me?

Yes.

unborn Truth

Power is just the ability to do something or act in a particular way, 

You have the power to choose how to Act, to Feel, and to Think.

But that Power also allows you to Control how others Act, Feel and Think. 

@AmpresusYou want more power, in what? What are you lacking?

Are You maybe Powerless to the Urge for more Power?

When you control your own Behavior, power is meaningless.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe