Rasheed

Is brushing teeth healthy?

26 posts in this topic

Is brushing my teeth like everyone else actually good and healthy? 

My intuition is telling me no. I can't justify it but I just think it is not good. 

I start questioning it because I see literally everyone doing it. And what everyone is doing/way they are doing, 99% time is incorrect. 

I am not saying to not brush teeth but can someone explain to me:

Correct way of brushing teeth, when to do it, why to do it, which toothpaste to use because what I see on this mainstream toothpastes is word FLOURIDE, and I know flouride is terrible, horrible because it calcifies our pineal gland, and it is basically killing us.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Go to a dentist or dental hygienist? I'm not sure this is the best place for your question but you never know!

I did learn recently from a dentist to use a certain toothbrush, he says it's the best out there. He told me you need a soft brush and that some people brush their teeth with too much force and rigour which damages the gums and the coating of the teeth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Curaprox-CS5460PACK-Ulta-Soft-Toothbrush/dp/B004W6PAJE

why don't you stop and see what happens? ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

4 hours ago, Bill W said:

Go to a dentist or dental hygienist? I'm not sure this is the best place for your question but you never know!

I did learn recently from a dentist to use a certain toothbrush, he says it's the best out there. He told me you need a soft brush and that some people brush their teeth with too much force and rigour which damages the gums and the coating of the teeth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Curaprox-CS5460PACK-Ulta-Soft-Toothbrush/dp/B004W6PAJE

I am asking people around me same questions and they are not even taking it seriously...

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

why don't you stop and see what happens? ;)

Have you ever tried that?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

15 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Have you ever tried that?

nope, but you are the one questioning the safety and practicality of teethbrushing. And since there is nothing like personal experience, perhaps you should test the theory on yourself and let us know how it went 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

58 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

nope, but you are the one questioning the safety and practicality of teethbrushing. And since there is nothing like personal experience, perhaps you should test the theory on yourself and let us know how it went 

Yes and the added advantage is that this feedback is given over email rather than in person LOL

A dentist from my family brushes his teeth only once a day for 20 minutes and he doesn't use any toothpaste, he says it's only placebo for feeling like you've brushed your teeth. 

1 hour ago, bejapuskas said:

A dentist from my family brushes his teeth only once a day for 20 minutes and he doesn't use any toothpaste, he says it's only placebo for feeling like you've brushed your teeth. 

At what time of the day he does it? Can you tell me sbout it more?

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I will, that's a good idea but still, don't you see a problem that these toothpastes have a flouride in them?

10 minutes ago, Moreira said:

I only brush my teeth with water and floss. Zero cavities.

Yes, finally someone who does something different about brushing teeth. Thank you.

- Why you started doing that? Do you think same way as I about this toothpastes. I will try that too.

Edited by Rasheed

Depends on a lot of factors. From what you eat to your saliva's acidity.

I did spend many many days without brushing and didn't notice any issues. Not even bad breath as I did not eat any dairy or sugars. I brush them every so often now because I enjoy it.(Oddly enough but it's great time to be mindful)

Sailing on the ceiling 

16 hours ago, Rasheed said:

I will, that's a good idea but still, don't you see a problem that these toothpastes have a flouride in them?

Not really. Fluoride is indeed toxic in higher amounts but the doses you get from brushing are next to nothing. Not to mention that you don't swallow the paste...or at least you shouldn't. Secondly, while your gums and the area under tongue have some ability to absorb liquids, the time that the toothpaste spends in the mouth is too short for any significant absorbtion and I am not sure if the molecule of fluoride is small enough to be able to pass through the oral capillaries anyway. 

There is a lot of fuss around toothpaste yet people keep consuming dairy, polluted meat, drink 5 coffees a day, eating crackers and roasted barbecued animals......and none of this concerns them. 

By the way when you said "calcified pineal gland" I would assume the issue is mostly calcium not fluoride?

Oh and there is no scientific evidence for the harmful effect of fluoride toothpaste and most of the papers are pointing out to beneficial effect for tooth decay prevention and periodontal disease. 

Edited by Michael569

my mom didnt brushed her teeth at young age because it wasnt popular ( 50 years ago ) , lots of teeth gone bad at early age till she started to brush her teeth.

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Not really. Fluoride is indeed toxic in higher amounts but the doses you get from brushing are next to nothing. Not to mention that you don't swallow the paste...or at least you shouldn't. Secondly, while your gums and the area under tongue have some ability to absorb liquids, the time that the toothpaste spends in the mouth is too short for any significant absorbtion and I am not sure if the molecule of fluoride is small enough to be able to pass through the oral capillaries anyway. 

There is a lot of fuss around toothpaste yet people keep consuming dairy, polluted meat, drink 5 coffees a day, eating crackers and roasted barbecued animals......and none of this concerns them. 

By the way when you said "calcified pineal gland" I would assume the issue is mostly calcium not fluoride?

Oh and there is no scientific evidence for the harmful effect of fluoride toothpaste and most of the papers are pointing out to beneficial effect for tooth decay prevention and periodontal disease. 

Ralph Smart often says in his videos about third eye that fluoride calcifies pineal gland, which causes third eye to close, that is one of the main reasons why many people are asleep, plugged in the maya.

To be honest I don’t see lot of fuss around toothpaste, that’s why when I ask this question, people do not even take seriously, most of the time.

21 hours ago, Rigel said:

Depends on a lot of factors. From what you eat to your saliva's acidity.

I did spend many many days without brushing and didn't notice any issues. Not even bad breath as I did not eat any dairy or sugars. I brush them every so often now because I enjoy it.(Oddly enough but it's great time to be mindful)

I agree with you, it really depends on the food we consume. Eating dairy, meat, high acidic foods, wheat will cause yellow teeth, tonsil stones and all sort of horrible stuff...

23 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Yes, finally someone who does something different about brushing teeth. Thank you.

- Why you started doing that? Do you think same way as I about this toothpastes. I will try that too.

Yes I avoid toothpaste because all of them contain fluoride that is neurotoxic and calcifies pineal gland.

Yes of course brushing your teeth is healthy, so is flossing. If you don't like or don't trust toothpaste, it's fine to skip it.

It always surprises me how people make such a big deal out of fluoride but not chlorine. If you don't swallow your toothpaste you will be exposed to such a vanishingly small amount of fluoride that it's a non-issue. Just spit it out after. Your teeth benefit.

Fluoride in the water is another issue.. not a good idea IMO.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

12 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Yes, if you wanna have friends, that is.

smoking would probably get you friends as well xD

4 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Ralph Smart often says in his videos about third eye that fluoride calcifies pineal gland, which causes third eye to close, that is one of the main reasons why many people are asleep, plugged in the maya.

To be honest I don’t see lot of fuss around toothpaste, that’s why when I ask this question, people do not even take seriously, most of the time.

I agree with you, it really depends on the food we consume. Eating dairy, meat, high acidic foods, wheat will cause yellow teeth, tonsil stones and all sort of horrible stuff...

Just be safe and get the non fluoridated toothpaste, it will often be the same price as the fluoridated one. And be sure to floss and get a natural mouth rinse. Sometimes I even dilute a few drops of lemongrass or tea tree essential oils in a few ounces of water and use it as mouth-rinse, which makes my teeth feel insanely fresh. 

Don't neglect your oral health, it doesn't just exist in a vacuum, it will impact the other parts of your body as well and approve your smile and maybe even boost your confidence talking to others. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Yes, if you wanna have friends, that is.

lol

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.