Identity

Defining spirituality

25 posts in this topic

Hee there!

Im looking for a nice definition of spirituality in 1 or 2 sentences for a workshop I am creating.

Figured there would be some spiritual foke here that could help me with that.

All suggestions are welcome ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

18 minutes ago, Identity said:

Hee there!

Im looking for a nice definition of spirituality in 1 or 2 sentences for a workshop I am creating.

Inner science

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The realization that you are God and that your mind imagines everything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Truth of your subjective experience.

What it really, truly and actually is.

(to put it a little less radical)

Edited by Leeeon

@Leeeon But that still might sound too Ideological for a lot of people.

Edited by Leeeon

1 hour ago, Identity said:

Hee there!

That’s awesome.   Do you anticipate the attendees will be essentially materialists, new to spirituality? Or those who have practiced, been on retreats, etc? Are they ‘random’, or affiliated with a school, business, group of any sort? Do you have an age range? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura

Leo im so fucking confused. ive tried to understand what you mean by god and infinity. I don't see it. I can rationalise it.

The universe was created by the Big Bang, the articulation of the universe is rigged in such a way where the contents of the universe advance and intertwine (become more complex) I don't see the love, I see meaninglessness interacting with more meaninglessness. yes this is a story in my head. but what could I do otherwise? Im unable to bring into my experience anything that you preach about. 

Tell me how I can experience LOVE, INFINITY, SELFGOD.

im willing to die. lose me, really I am. I don't know what to do to see what you're seeing. do you get this? you explaining this stuff to me is liketrying to explain aerodynamics to a monkey. im that monkey. 

Edited by Mezanti

Spirituality involves an ever deepening surrender to a power greater than yourself. It is the pursuit of a more meaningful existence where you connect on ever deepening levels with yourself, others, nature, and the Universe as a whole. It is the sacrificing of one half of yourself so the other half can step forward into the light. It is ego and animal instinct modification. Following the spiritual path is always linked to suffering and this suffering has ignited the desire to move away from, and surrender your plan, for His plan. It's usually through your own personal suffering. However, for some, it is the suffering of someone else who has passed their wisdom (spiritual path) directly to you, and you have been blessed enough to receive and act on the wisdom (spiritual path). Future suffering then strengthens the spiritual endeavour as long as you stay on the spiritual path and continue to surrender yourself and your prior plan, surrender your problematic ego states and surrender your problematic animal instincts. 

Phew... sorry probably too long. I didn't look at Google or books for any of that. I just sat here for 45 minutes and tried to write something that makes sense to me. 

@Nahm Well, its called “universal spiritual event”, so there will definitely be some spiritual people attending.

However, I expect mostly stage green surface stuff, some crystal stands, yoga workshops, dancing, etc.

Also some of my friends, stage orange/green, not into spirituality, will be attending.

The workshop is centered around vision, including some guiding principles and practical excercises for people to create there own vision around spirituality.

The definition would set the stage, and get people to understand what we are talking about.

@Leo Gura So that level of radicalness is not going to fly ?

@Bill W

9 minutes ago, Bill W said:

It is the pursuit of a more meaningful existence where you connect on ever deepening levels with yourself, others, nature, and the Universe as a whole.

This part is nice! Im probably keep it on the positive side though, not get into to much of the suffering part ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

2 minutes ago, Identity said:

This part is nice! Im probably keep it on the positive side though, not get into to much of the suffering part ?

Lol, fair enough. Okay, it's probably good you don't mention then that often the choice is suicide or spirituality! :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Leo Gura

Leo im so fucking confused. ive tried to understand what you mean by god and infinity. I don't see it. I can rationalise it.

The universe was created by the Big Bang, the articulation of the universe is rigged in such a way where the contents of the universe advance and intertwine (become more complex) I don't see the love, I see meaninglessness interacting with more meaninglessness. yes this is a story in my head. but what could I do otherwise? Im unable to bring into my experience anything that you preach about. 

im willing to die. lose me, really I am. I don't know what to do to see what you're seeing. do you get this? you explaining this stuff to me is liketrying to explain aerodynamics to a monkey. im that monkey. 

Psychedelics

Why you making this so hard when it can be easy?

11 minutes ago, Identity said:

@Leo Gura So that level of radicalness is not going to fly ?

Exactly.

Be careful throwing pearls before swine. Most people are not worthy to be told what spirituality is. They are too selfish to understand the communication.

The joy of discovering the powerful gift of your unique vision, to create the life you actually love. 

?

The breakout events could center around guided practices in being here & now. Seeing without a past, and without a future. Now, where all creation takes place. 

As well as some presentation & discussion around how we created ideas of who we are, and how they limit our vision. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

55 minutes ago, Mezanti said:

@Leo Gura

Psycedelics *cough*... Shamanic Breathing *cough*cough* Strong determination sitting *cough* 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics

Exactly.

Be careful throwing pearls before swine. Most people are not worthy to be told what spirituality is. They are too selfish to understand the communication.

You have a DEEP bag of idioms Leo 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics

psychedelics is a wild ride. my hallucinations were so real that i thought they were real. I watched your video about reality and you were explaining to me that the hallucinations are somehow real, and that my mind is somehow trying very hard to downplay it (a function of the ego). i still have so many unanswered questions. if only i could lose myself into it forever. i never know what to trust anymore. i hope that the answers will come to me soon enough.

Applied metaphysics, epistemology, and ontology. A first person, existential investigation of direct experience. 

On 9/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, ben_pte said:

my hallucinations were so real that i thought they were real.

They were real. Reality IS hallucination.

Real and unreal cannot be distinguished.

This is the craziest s*** ever. Will someone or something please tell me what is really going on.

Or

The small scared separate self (Maya) that created an idea of a higher power to feel comforted and not irrelevant and alone in a big scary universe.

Those are my definitions.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Nahm Daym, I think you should be creating this workshop ??

Those are some cool ideas. Definitely put me in a different direction, I will share what I end up with ?.

@Consilience yeah nice ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

On 24/09/2019 at 9:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

The realization that you are God and that your mind imagines everything.

@Nahm My sensations tell me this isn't true. Should I trust them or Leo? 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”