Alex bliss

" Ego" vs "True-self"??

20 posts in this topic

Like how do you know that the question that you are asking or thinking is the ego one or the true self??

I also make that question to myself. But, I would say that the true self normally is like a soft voice or in reality not a voice at all. It's like an intuition, like a knowing that is fast and it comes altogether like an insight, a flash.

And the ego is more the voice that is in our heads that talks and talks, like when you are thinking "Should I go to the supermarket now or later"

It's more like a conversation with yourself. That's in my experience... 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Alex bliss said:

Like how do you know that the question that you are asking or thinking is the ego one or the true self??

@Alex bliss Depends on which non-dual tradition you check with. Buddhism would say there is no "true self". They believe in reincarnation but wont comment on what gets reincarnated.

Yoga posits the idea of the Atman, which is an eternal True Self that is simultaneously separate and one with Brahman. There is not general agreement within Yoga about this concept.

Taosim, Kabbalah, the Occult, Shamanism, etc, etc claim that there is an eternally evolving True Self that remains individuated in many realms but is ultimately One/non-dual at its aboslute foundation. I agree with this.

Edited by Matt8800

32 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

@abrakamowse yeah idk the true self would even bother to gossip lol

:P:D:D

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

thoughts where you're conscious about your true-position/true-nature is from the true self. it can be equated to the true self talking... although the true self never really talks. it just IS. (is a knowing) but that's really it.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

2 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

There’s only One. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There’s only One.

@Alex bliss  would it be correct to say that Tom Hanks is the only One who talks throughout the movie Forest Gump? or is it sometimes Forest Gump speaking and other times Tom Hanks... or are they ultimately the same thing?

from the truest viewpoint, Tom Hanks (higher-self) is always present... it is the "higher-self" which speaks as the "ego" as well as the higher-self

Love Is The Answer

It's like true self pretending to be ego and truely believe it as true 

9 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

It's like true self pretending to be ego and truely believe it as true 

yup

so it is ALWAYS the true-self, either ignorant (absolutely totally ignorant) that it is the true-self or conscious that it is the true-self... that it is YOU

YOU knowing YOU

or YOU not knowing YOU

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Exactly, because there's only YOU.

:)

3 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

Haha. That's a great question. Welcome to this gate. . . 

We create the distinction between "ego" and "true self". This can have practical value in terms of personal development. For example, someone may see that they have been self-centered and manipulative to others. They may see this as "ego" and work to reduce their self-centerdness and manipulation. As well, someone may go on a retreat and resonate with dharma talks about compassion and helping others. The person may say "my *true nature* is compassion toward others". This can be great for personal develop and forming healthier relationships. . . Yet in terms of awakening, it sets up a "good self vs. bad self" dynamic. If the person digs deep enough, they will come face to face with this. Then there is transcendence of the entire self. 

5 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

I think the true self is just pure awareness, without judgement or questions. In this sense, maybe the question stems from your ego (I actually don't really know), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe you need the ego in order to find your way back to your true self and that can be done through asking questions. 

11 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

That "you" this is asking or thinking...is the ego.

The "you" that wonders if it is the ego or true self...is the ego.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

When you experience enlightenment the you shall melt away into isness.  You will become infinite.   And in that very moment you will be the moment.  You always were the moment.  You just weren't conscious of it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.