SQAAD

All Fear Boils Down To Fear of Suffering, Not Loss Of Self

46 posts in this topic

Why do i fear losing my hand? Because i will lose a part of myself. But why do i fear losing a part of myself? Because i think that will create suffering and misery to me.

Why am i afraid of death? Because i will lose everything. But why do i fear losing everything? Because i don't know what death is and i fear the possibility after i die things will be worse.

Why am i afraid of losing my youth? Because i think that will create enormous suffering in my life.

So all fear boils down to fear of suffering. I don't care about losing my self as long as i don't suffer. As long as i am happy i am ok with losing anything. Maybe other people are different though.

Would love some feeback.

Edited by SQAAD

Interesting post. Shinzen Young talks about this in his work. When we experience emotional pain, it is the suffering of the pain we are experiencing. Through practices such as mindful meditation, we can become aware of this suffering. Dissolve the suffering you dissolve the fear.

So yes fear boils down to fear of suffering. What would suffering look like? What would it feel like? To me, suffering is just a sensation but it comes in many forms. 

Suffering IS the loss of self.

Suffering is what it feels like for the ego-mind to get crushed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is that true for your experience of DMT hell realms too? Is there still a sense of self in those experiences?

6 minutes ago, StephenK said:

@Leo Gura Is that true for your experience of DMT hell realms too? Is there still a sense of self in those experiences?

I have never experienced a hell realm.

@Leo Gura Oh, I must have mixed you up with someone else then. Even so, do you think that those that experience so called hell realms only experience suffering as a result of a sense of self being present?

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

OK. New gems everyday.This is Absolutely True. 

MYSELF is the greatest no thing ever. Absolutelly fascinating. 

Nothing to worry guys about loss of the self and egoic mind. You Will not become mindless zombies or anything near that. You want Love, You Are Love and egoic mind does everything in It's power to prevent You realizing this. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

6 minutes ago, StephenK said:

@Leo Gura Oh, I must have mixed you up with someone else then. Even so, do you think that those that experience so called hell realms only experience suffering as a result of a sense of self being present?

I don't see how one could be in a hell realm otherwise.

If you were fully conscious of no-self, you'd be in heaven, not hell.

How can someone utilise the information provided here to reduce their suffering?

Edited by Truth Addict

I have a theory that hell realms and the appearances of "evil" spirits show you that you have shadow work that needs addressing. They are an aspect of you, your psyche creates them to wake you up. 

I believe that suffering is the fight against the loss of self, not the actual loss of self. With surrender suffering ends. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura ?

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I have a theory that hell realms and the appearances of "evil" spirits show you that you have shadow work that needs addressing. They are an aspect of you, your psyche creates them to wake you up. 

Yes, this is my instinct as well.

https://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/galleries/category/12s#/25/12-courage

https://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/galleries/category/12s#/23/12-connections

The people and issues that repel me are pointing to the parts of my unconscious self not yet integrated.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@mandyjw

Well then why do newborns cry/suffer from birth before developing a shadow?

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict It's important to remember that pain and suffering are two different things. A certain level of understanding and maturation is necessary to transcend suffering, and to perceive pain as energetic. If we had a good childhood most of our emotional suffering begins right before we become teenagers and our coping mechanisms start developing around then too. We either use those for the rest of our life or the pain becomes so great that we seek another solution. If we hide or bury pain and trauma, and continue creating it the shadow builds. As our consciousness builds or for bigger unknown reasons, we may start having nightmares, what seems to be psychotic episodes or mystical experiences that appear negative. This indicates a deep unconscious need or desire to purify ourselves and integrate the shadow.

The pain a newborn experiences is a very raw physical sensation. For example during meditation my ear started itching. It's been bothering me since last night and so I quickly react to it. During meditation it was as if time had slowed down and I felt the "itching" as this slow pulsing energy, neither painful or pleasurable. Would I prefer to perceive this way 24/7? No. I'd rather react quickly because that's better for my health and survival. 

We know that newborns feel pain but no one knows how much they suffer. Crying can certainly be an enjoyable release but appears as pain to an untrained eye. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@SQAAD loosing a hand means dependence on others for survival.It breaks the very confidence.

The very dependence causes compulsary bondage.Its body is a burden on others.

A bread winner is worried If I die who will take care of my family - my kids my wife.

Mind is bothered about life - survival.Who will provide money food shelter even for day to day affairs.

Survival is a problem even for the enlightened monk.No escape from that.

Body is vulnerable Hunger disease shelter accident ageing.

Fear is about survival not about death.

Even the enlightened suffers pain but he accepts that with least resistance knowing what is supposed to happen to his body is hsppening.

Death is inevitable.Yet every body lives believing that it wont happen to me today.

@mandyjw

I would have probably said something similar two months ago. And I'm quite surprised that you from all the members here say so, because not so many of us here are women and most women here probably aren't mothers. The point is that you experienced labour and now are saying this. I experienced going to the dentist twice last month, and it was a highly unpleasant experience. Psychological pain is not the only suffering there is. We aren't above pain and we will never be.

Babies suffer. If pain was pleasant, they wouldn't need to resist it and try to avoid it. Perhaps we should accept pain/hell as part of life.

@Truth Addict Labor is a very unique experience, it warps your consciousness immensely because there's no choice but to surrender to it. With my second child I gave into the pain and surrendered for a moment and the pain transformed into an intense warmth and energy. I'm only conscious enough to break through pain sometimes, but I know it's entirely possible. I also believe in responsible high quality pain management for childbirth and medical procedures, I'm not like Peter Ralston who would go to the dentist and refuse novocain unless I really felt I needed the experience for some reason. Everything is you, and should follow the path of least resistance unless there's a desire to do otherwise. 

@SQAAD All fears boils down to Self. (Leo's definition of Self). Everything. Ego. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Liberation Is the loss of Self. 

Liberation is what it feels like for the ego-mind to get crushed. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have never experienced a hell realm.

You will. Given that Everything will balance itself out.

You said Self Experience Everything. If you identified yourself as Self(your definition) , then by definition you will experience it. Or else you are not Self. 

(On a side note, I have never went to a hell realm, but I had visions of others who seems like they came from hell. I thought I shouldn't tell anyone about it or else it will become true, but if I were to follow the the example of prophet Muhammad, he do told others about the things he saw during his ascension. I think his descriptions is way way scarier than what i've seen. But what i've seen, is unimaginable. It flipped myself inside out. It is NOT something i would wish to happen to anyone. WHOEVER YOU ARE ,CALLED HUMANS. Islam is about both. It's not just about hell. There's heaven. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't see how one could be in a hell realm otherwise.

If you were fully conscious of no-self, you'd be in heaven, not hell.

^Look at your bias. If you were fully conscious of no-self, you wouldn't be in heaven nor hell. IT IS BEYOND HELL & HEAVEN. 

All I see , is a fearful Self, denying hell, with attachment to heaven. 

>Why only humans? Because hell & heaven are created for humans & Jinns. Who are given freedom(free will), or else you wouldn't be held responsible. 

I've notices Leo's double standard a lot. 

My version of Islam is UNIVERSAL. Should I really said it out loud? From the beginning of Existence to the End. Aint no silly UN borders. When I said humans it's humans. Literally. All of humanity. From the beginning to the end. 

Ok. do you realize the significance of this just yet? Literally. 

It is not worth it, it is not worth it, it is not worth it. The whole world if it was given to you it is not worth it. Your tiny Ego? Survivals? Worldly fears? It is not worth it. 

When you die physically you will know why. There are two deaths. Two a-lives. For the average it will be at least once. Death and returning alive. 

Hell, without heaven , is INJUSTICE. But there is heaven.

You can't deny hell when there is heaven. Look at you only wanting heavens while denying hell. That's Ego. That's Leo's version of Self. Full of self-bias. 

Reality is WISDOM. WISDOM is beyond heaven (if I were to speak Leo's language). 

Transcending fears would means not having any military force anymore. What's the difference between america with enough military force & the north korea? Both are based on fears. Both are survivals. Only the magnitude are relatively difference. But the root CORE are exactly the SAME.     F E A R    x     S U R V I V A L.  Both hadn't transcend that fears. In different magnitude. 

For one to transcend all this fears (in Leo's version of things) , you need to be Self ( Everything , as everything is You, you're all Powerful & in control of everything, 100% responsibility as God as Yourself, therefore you NEED TO CARE ABOUT EVERYTHING, because You are God). 

From my perspective, this Self, is the biggest Ego. It can never transcend ALL fears, you will forever be dealing with transcending individual ego to infinity, one at a time. Infinite fears. One at a time. Are you gonna be on drugs forever? 

To transcend fears is really simple. 

Actually survival, egos, all included. 

It's very simple I tell you. 

It looks like the whole mountain is on your back because you're trying to hold all that to yourself. That Self by Leo's definition. Ego. What you're doing is the opposite of surrender. 

How do I know? Because you're still acting from those fears individually. Individual fear. Individual survival. Individual ego. One at a time. 

(By your definition) You will need to have control of all the world to transcend your fears. By yourSelf. Because You(Everything) are God. Becoming Everything = Complete Control. Becoming God. 

^ the biggest Ego. 

That's why you have double standard. Unbalanced judgement. 

The way I transcend fears, is by surrendering myself completely to Allah(God). 

Imagine a one step bigger than your whole paradigm. 

It wasn't much complex. Actually very simple. 

Your language in (turquoise), My language in (maroon)

( Self = Everything = God ) = creations < Allah

Is this understandable? Okay I tried. 

Btw I just watch part two Fear video up till minute 59:27

A random disclaimer~ hahahaha

I don't know. Do I have to explain this ( Self = Everything = God ) = creations < Allah ?

Edited by Angelite

@SQAAD If fear of suffering is the only thing interfering with your eternal happiness, why not give up that fear and be happy all the time? What is preventing you from giving up that fear?

And is absence of the fear of suffering sufficient for happiness? 

@Angelite A dog is running towards you to bite - what will you do ? You will run ? Stand against taking a stick or stone to protect ?

Or keep quiet surrendering to allahs will to happen ?

Why mohammed fought many wars instead of keeping quiet surrendering to allahs will ?

What is surrender how to surrender ?