Jack River

IS GRAVITY IMAGINARY??

249 posts in this topic

@tsuki Ahh yes, I don’t disagree. But the thought is only a thought about gravity however you define it. Gravity itself is there until it is no longer there via your own awareness. 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@tsuki Ahh yes, I don’t disagree. But the thought is only a thought about gravity however you define it. Gravity itself is there until it is no longer there via your own awareness. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP SOLIPSISM ALERT!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you. I also don't like the idea of being completely indifferent. Yet, I still sense this sort of clinging that is happening on your part, which does not necessarily have to be happening in all others as well, or at least maybe in different degrees. I sense that you're still under the spell of paradigms, meaning that you think that they're just as fundamental as the raw being. Consider that in a fight or flight response, there's no need for paradigms, the raw being does it all, without the interference of thought.

Worry, or don't. Everything is as it should be.

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Why is the moon made of cheese rather than carrots?

Not to be cheesy but the moon is integral to gravity, a “localized” orbiting pointer. (“heavenly body”.) 

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

I have trouble understanding your term ‘write-off’. Do you mean this as something that hides complexity, or what?

Yes, ‘hides complexity’, but more specifically what is within one’s own axioms & actions, but unrealized to be there. Like a cover up, of the cover up.  For some “my”, “self”, “this”, “it”, “always”, “never”, are write offs, which I think you already understand. For others, triggers you, misguided assumptions, grace, denial of hierarchy, meaning, emotionally loaded for you, you perceive it as, etc. Unless one actually knows that another is thinking, and what another is thinking, these are write offs, cover ups of cover ups of what one is thinking. (I don’t mean that sarcastically, it is possible to know if and what someone is thinking.) 

If interested, use the yin, yang, circle, and dots like Byron Katie does with duality, self & beliefs, but with gravity. It’s a great way to reveal write offs imo. She’s absolutely deep in no mind, and imo has mastered sensation / wisdom / simplicity, which is an ideal approach to gravity. Also, in Katietown, thoughts indeed do arise, yet there is gravity. ?

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Gravity is not nonsense. I suspect that the word 'imaginary' is emotionally loaded for you, you perceive it as something dismissive. I do not mean it that way.

I didn’t say gravity was nonsense. If you know words are symbols, and know compassion, why create accusation in leu of understanding? Is that not nonsensical?

If gravity is the question, there is an answer. A question arises in answer, inseparable. There Is however, at least one question which does not have an answer. 

I definitely did not say anyone was lazy. Questioning and inspecting are the humbling opposite imo. 

@mandyjw ? ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I sense that you're still under the spell of paradigms, meaning that you think that they're just as fundamental as the raw being. Consider that in a fight or flight response, there's no need for paradigms, the raw being does it all, without the interference of thought.

No, paradigms happen within being. It is a way of talking about it.
The present moment is fundamentally an irreducible mystery. Mystery. MYSTERY. Completely ineffable.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to understand it through the finite mind, and the infinite mind expresses itself as being/present moment.

The mistake that is made by many non-dualists is that they completely discard the possibility that this mystery is coherent.
The most fundamental rule describes the coherence of the present moment as-is, is love. That love, is what the infinite mind expresses.
There are many other rules that describe it, and some of them are described by science. Some of those rules can be leveraged to predict the unfolding of reality with a certain bound on accuracy. They are like a local, linear approximation of a multidimensional manifold.

The problem is that people get this ass-backwards and think that science is the TRUTH, just like they think that what personal mind is saying is the TRUTH.

It's NOT! The present moment IS THE MYSTERY PEOPLE! IT IS A MIRACLE! A MIRACLE THAT CAN BE TALKED ABOUT SENSIBLY!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

A paradigm is god’s way of reaching the end of reincarnation. How can you make a conceptual “me” who may have experienced previous lives to experience certain situation. Easy give them a body which is festered with certain dna archetypes. You reacting to your environment and every thought was pre determined in the sense “me” reacting to the nature of its own design. This is why we have ego development . It is because the “me” will always do things to reach enlightenment.

But overall I agree, can’t say it’s anything but consciousness after you’ve died ?

8 hours ago, tsuki said:

On the personal level, gravity is real. Jump and see.

Then, the person is aware of the mind's workings and gravity is a concept on top of reality.
On this level, gravity is imaginary.

When awareness looks past the personhood and sees itself as isness, the question is answered because it is misguided.
The mind is a second-order phenomenon that is not equipped to resolve its own issues.

Looking past isness, it is realized that both isness and the ego (that has concepts such as gravity) happen in the mind of God.
On this level, isness is imaginary, ego is imaginary, and the concept of 'gravity' that the ego imagines, is imaginary as well.
However, that does not mean that gravity does not exist. It exists because it is imaginary

Appreciate your participation, brah??

I knew this would a be a fun topic...thanks for the participation, friends❤️

13 minutes ago, Aakash said:

A paradigm is god’s way of reaching the end of reincarnation. How can you make a conceptual “me” who may have experienced previous lives to experience certain situation. Easy give them a body which is festered with certain dna archetypes. You reacting to your environment and every thought was pre determined in the sense “me” reacting to the nature of its own design. This is why we have ego development . It is because the “me” will always do things to reach enlightenment.

But overall I agree, can’t say it’s anything but consciousness after you’ve died ?

Yes..when it comes down to it my eternal presence is seen to be the substance of “everything” so to speak. 

Kinda cool to explore get into this though heh?

21 minutes ago, Aakash said:

BEEP BEEP BEEP DETERMINISM ALERT!

The further away from the Source a being is, the less it is bound by Love.
Humans have free will despite having biological predispositions. In fact, your disconnection from love is your free will.
The more hesitant, doubtful, disintegrated you are, the further away you are from the truth. That is Ego.
You have a choice to align yourself with Love/Tao/Logos and that path leads to enlightenment, but you are totally free to be a devil.
God does not rule with power, it rules with freedom. You can choose to follow it out of your desire to be happy.

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@tsuki how so?

Things exist even if they are not present in "your" awareness.

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

lol

pre-post fallacy.

collapsing distinctions does not imply discarding distinctions.

Yes...quite different indeed. To SEE that distinctions are just that...discarding distinctions seems like an act of resistance(psychological time). 

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Things exist even if they are not present in "your" awareness.

As in to perceive a thing as a thing is to say that that thing can be actually be validated, which implies confirmed outside oneself? 

Is that what you mean? The quotes part of “your” makes it seem like the ego perspective. 

Edited by Jack River

When I started all this self understanding stuff a while back thought/time slowed to a full stop. I noticed that I never actually perceived a thing but only a perception. Was quite gnarly. 

Edited by Jack River

@tsuki yes this determinism is determined itself by free will, even your own free will, will lead to more determinism. BecUse you can not create an independent causal chain. Everything is imperminant and interconnected. 

BecUse you are awareness telling awareness what is truth by telling people “what is that” unless it’s absolute truth. 

Edited by Aakash

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Yes, ‘hides complexity’, but more specifically what is within one’s own axioms & actions, but unrealized to be there. Like a cover up, of the cover up.  For some “my”, “self”, “this”, “it”, “always”, “never”, are write offs, which I think you already understand. For others, triggers you, misguided assumptions, grace, denial of hierarchy, meaning, emotionally loaded for you, you perceive it as, etc. Unless one actually knows that another is thinking, and what another is thinking, these are write offs, cover ups of cover ups of what one is thinking. (I don’t mean that sarcastically, it is possible to know if and what someone is thinking.) 

If interested, use the yin, yang, circle, and dots like Byron Katie does with duality, self & beliefs, but with gravity. It’s a great way to reveal write offs imo. She’s absolutely deep in no mind, and imo has mastered sensation / wisdom / simplicity, which is an ideal approach to gravity. Also, in Katietown, thoughts indeed do arise, yet there is gravity. ?

I hope that we're clear that gravity exists. I'm not denying this. Thank you for the clarifications.
I am trying to have a sincere conversation and I'm guided by observing my own resistance.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I didn’t say gravity was nonsense. If you know words are symbols, and know compassion, why create accusation in leu of understanding? Is that not nonsensical?

Yes, you did not say that gravity is nonsense and neither did I. I was just agreeing with you.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

If gravity is the question, there is an answer. A question arises in answer, inseparable. There Is however, at least one question which does not have an answer. 

YES!

14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

As in to perceive a thing as a thing is to say that that thing can be actually be validated, which implies confirmed outside oneself? 

Is that what you mean? The quotes part of “your” makes it seem like the ego perspective. 

@Jack River I am saying that things that are not perceived by your localized awareness exist.
The moon exists even if you are not perceiving it.

Edited by tsuki

30 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I knew this would a be a fun topic...thanks for the participation, friends❤️

25 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Kinda cool to explore get into this though heh?

For. Sure. Exploration-nauts! ???

@tsuki ?♥️??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@tsuki

There is no mystery, and there is. Depending on how you look at it. The present moment is also plain, clear, and simple.

I don't view love as a rule. That would make love both limited and a limitation. I view love as the highest order, or as the essence before rules and before everything else we might call "creation".

@Jack River You still haven't answered my question: What do you mean by the word "imaginary"?