Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Do you think there are genetic demons? Meaning that a certain energy can get trapped in the genes of a person and be transmitted to the next, propigating that energy? Something like a spirit that attaches itself onto a gene?

@Scholar While I used to be a materialist/atheist, now I would consider my worldview as an animist. Animism means that everything has some kind of consciousness. It seems like just about everything has some kind of spirit or spiritual energy that can affect and be affected. In that worldview, I would think the answer to your question would be yes.

@Matt8800 I noticed that there are birds, stones and trees involved in nearly every religion or myth that points to nonduality. I was wondering if you had come across this or had any thoughts about why this is? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Do you think there are genetic demons? Meaning that a certain energy can get trapped in the genes of a person and be transmitted to the next, propigating that energy? Something like a spirit that attaches itself onto a gene?

@Scholar, I don't think for one moment this is true. This notion of being programmed as a demon is quite dangerous. It means that people could be born with the original sin, as it were, with faulty genes. It's the kind of thinking that racism was based on - entire races were thought to be less competent, uncivilised, child-like, irrational on account of their genetics.

Edited by astrokeen

40 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

That practise is claimed to bring occult powers:

Internet website:

https://anmolmehta.com/3-most-powerful-yoga-pranayamas-and-kriyas-part-1/

@GreenWoods There are a few breathing exercises that raise significant amounts of energy, which is then infused into the magickal working. The most commonly used method is the Taosit microcosmic orbital meditation. 

The guy in this video is correct that his works but his loyalty to his tradition keeps him limited. There are other superior methods imo. Another powerful meditation is the Inner Fire meditation used in Tummo meditation. 

Edited by Matt8800

32 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Matt8800 I noticed that there are birds, stones and trees involved in nearly every religion or myth that points to nonduality. I was wondering if you had come across this or had any thoughts about why this is? 

@mandyjw I look at consciousness similar to the way the universe formed. There was a big bang that resulted in massive clouds of hydrogen/helium. Via gravity, they coalesced into matter "packets". They continue to collapse under their own weight until the ignite into a star.

Since I believe that consciousness is a fundamental building block, I believe that as matter comes together to form "objects", it is also coalesced consciousness, which then "ignites" into differing levels of awareness. 

This is how I see that everything has some varying degree of consciousness (animism). There is nonduality in that there is one consciousness but there are various levels of consciousness having individuated awareness (duality). Animism would say every cell in your body has some degree of subjective consciousness but you also have subjective awareness but on a different level. Also, your city, which you are a part of, has its own subjective awareness along with the planet, etc, etc.

Edited by Matt8800

3 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@mandyjw I look at consciousness similar to the way the universe formed. There was a big bang that resulted in massive clouds of hydrogen/helium. Via gravity, they coalesced into matter "packets". They continue to collapse under their own weight until the ignite into a star.

Since I believe that consciousness is a fundamental building block, I believe that as matter comes together to form "objects", it is also coalesced consciousness, which then "ignites" into differing levels of awareness. 

This is how I see that everything has some varying degree of consciousness (animism). There is nonduality in that there is one consciousness but there are various levels of consciousness. Animism would say every cell in your body has some degree of subjective consciousness but you also have subjective awareness but on a different level. Also, your city, which you are a part of, has its own subjective awareness along with the planet, etc, etc.

Do you think there are animals who use psychic abilities? Do you think the root of creativity and intelligence itself is psychic/divine in nature and is kind of overlooked because it is so common? Is there really a difference between psychic abilities and any other ability that we view to be naturalistic?

Glory to Israel

22 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Do you think there are animals who use psychic abilities? Do you think the root of creativity and intelligence itself is psychic/divine in nature and is kind of overlooked because it is so common? Is there really a difference between psychic abilities and any other ability that we view to be naturalistic?

@Scholar I do suspect that animals have some kind of psychic abilities. Animals and insects seem to know things like coming storms, earthquakes, etc with no scientific explanation. When a spider weaves a web, how does all that intelligence originate from such a tiny brain?

If my dog is in the room and I start talking, he doesnt react much. If I start talking to spirits, he gets the hell out of the room immediately.

I believe intuition, and possibly creativity, is a kind of psychic ability. When things happen often, they seem to be dismissed as mundane. 

Edited by Matt8800

29 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Scholar I do suspect that animals have some kind of psychic abilities. Animals and insects seem to know things like coming storms, earthquakes, etc with no scientific explanation. When a spider weaves a web, how does all that intelligence originate from such a tiny brain?

If my dog is in the room and I start talking, he doesnt react much. If I start talking to spirits, he gets the hell out of the room immediately.

I believe intuition, and possibly creativity, is a kind of psychic ability. When things happen often, they seem to be dismissed as mundane. 

What do you think about phenomena like thinking about a random person and then suddenly getting a message from them seconds later? I have that happen quite often.

Glory to Israel

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

What do you think about phenomena like thinking about a random person and then suddenly getting a message from them seconds later? I have that happen quite often.

@Scholar I think those are premonitions. I think everyone has psychic abilities deep down but some are more in touch with them.

@Matt8800 Is your connection to Hecate distinct from your connection to your guardian angel? When you ask for spiritual guidance from both do you feel you get guidance from 2 entities that are distinctely different from eachother? If you would add another dark Goddess, let's say Kali. Could that create problems? Could your devotion be questioned from any of the entities and create problems for you?

4 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 Is your connection to Hecate distinct from your connection to your guardian angel? When you ask for spiritual guidance from both do you feel you get guidance from 2 entities that are distinctely different from eachother? If you would add another dark Goddess, let's say Kali. Could that create problems? Could your devotion be questioned from any of the entities and create problems for you?

@Esoteric Some traditions call them guardian angels. Ive heard another occultist refer to other spirit relationship categories as allies and guardians. 

We can have different allies and guardians. Hecate is an ally and guardian but different than the ally and guardian that has been with me the whole time.

Hecate respects others' sovereignty. She would not mind if I worked with other beings for my own evolution. I would not follow a being that put rules on me like that. I am a devoted student; not a restricted slave. Hecate is about discarding limitations. With that said, I invest a lot more into my relationship with her because of the realness and intensity of the relationship. I dont have much of a desire to work with other gods and goddesses because she gives me so much but Im not opposed to it. 

I do regular offerings to local spirits though. Other witches and sorcerers swear this makes the biggest difference in getting magical results more than anything else. When I started do offerings, I could totally feel how the universe seemed to be more in harmony with me and seemed to be rooting more for my success. My offerings are for spirits that want my success and extending goodwill towards wrathful spirits that humans (or myself) have offended. Some spirits are wrathful simply because they are disturbed, which causes them suffering. I offer them my blessings of peace and calm and they seem to appreciate it. I am compassionate towards them just like I would be compassionate to a disturbed person that is suffering. Even formerly wrathful spirits that are against you can become your allies with time if treated with kindness and respect, but without showing any fear. I will call in my allies and guardians if they give me any shit though :)

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 What do you mean by "local spirits"? And what have you found to be good offerings? I will soon start working with spirits. Been gathering info on evocations but from a Chaos Magic and a more traditional Magick sense. Both styles tend to melt into eachother beautifully in general like you wrote. I've been watching some podcasts with Jason Miller, really resonate with him, and he makes that point as well. The freeing and very non-dogmatic aspects of Chaos Magic merges with the traditional Magick and blends into a very powerful toolset. I have decided to start his 1 year course in some weeks :)

Oh and also. When calling the entity in and you feel the presence. Do you have to make requests? Can you evoce just to be with the deity and establishing a connection? Not talking about doing it for fun and see what happens. But just be present with the deity and be grateful for showing up without neccesarily asking something?

Edited by Esoteric
Added question

3 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 What do you mean by "local spirits"? And what have you found to be good offerings? I will soon start working with spirits. Been gathering info on evocations but from a Chaos Magic and a more traditional Magick sense. Both styles tend to melt into eachother beautifully in general like you wrote. I've been watching some podcasts with Jason Miller, really resonate with him, and he makes that point as well. The freeing and very non-dogmatic aspects of Chaos Magic merges with the traditional Magick and blends into a very powerful toolset. I have decided to start his 1 year course in some weeks :)

Oh and also. When calling the entity in and you feel the presence. Do you have to make requests? Can you evoce just to be with the deity and establishing a connection? Not talking about doing it for fun and see what happens. But just be present with the deity and be grateful for showing up without neccesarily asking something?

@Esoteric There tends to be local spirits attached to the land, animals, etc. Six Ways and Sorcerers Secrets talk a lot about them and will give a lot of guidance on offerings.

I like to initially call in entities simply so I can get to know them and build a relationship with them. Showing gratitude and honor is good. In the beginning, my requests are pretty much limited my spiritual evolution and guidance in that regard. Later, I might ask for help in with money, business, etc and combine with some sigil magick.

Do you think there is Hell, in the literal sense? I had some strange experiences related to that.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

39 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Do you think there is Hell, in the literal sense? I had some strange experiences related to that.

@Scholar I think we create our own "heaven" or "hell" depending on our unresolved attachments and aversions. I think another factor is our vibration of love, gratitude and appreciation of beauty, which has to be cultivated. We swim upstream with effort or we float downstream. We cant wait for higher vibrations to come to us - we have to proactively make them a part of us and integrate them.

When I spent some time studying NDEs, I found that people's experiences were in many ways dependent upon their cultural expectations and biases. A Catholic might see Mary and a Hindu might see Shiva but not the other way around. At first I thought this means that the experience is created and not "real". Now I believe they are created in many ways by us but are still very "real". My experiences with magick seems to increasingly confirm this.

We create our reality, even after death, and it becomes real. Someone saturated with attachments, aversions, fear, greed, hate, judgment, etc, etc, will never see heaven. Conversely, someone saturated with love, beauty and gratitude and has dissolved attachments and aversions will never see hell.

Edited by Matt8800

13 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Scholar I think we create our own "heaven" or "hell" depending on our unresolved attachments and aversions. I think another factor is our vibration of love, gratitude and appreciation of beauty, which has to be cultivated. We swim upstream with effort or we float downstream. We cant wait for higher vibrations to come to us - we have to proactively make them a part of us and integrate them.

When I spent some time studying NDEs, I found that people's experiences were in many ways dependent upon their cultural expectations and biases. A Catholic might see Mary and a Hindu might see Shiva but not the other way around. At first I thought this means that the experience is created and not "real". Now I believe they are created in many ways by us but are still very "real". My experiences with magick seems to increasingly confirm this.

We create our reality, even after death, and it becomes real. Someone saturated with attachments, aversions, fear, greed, hate, judgment, etc, etc, will never see heaven. Conversely, someone saturated with love, beauty and gratitude and has dissolved attachments and aversions will never see hell.

But what about true Hell, as in collective Hell, where souls scream in unimaginable horror and agony? I heard that once in sleep paralysis, and I am not at all religious. It was the scariest and loudest thing I ever heard in my life. It was unnaturally loud, like loud beyond anything that could actually come through my ear. And it was so weird, it was like I could sense each scream individually. It wasn't listening to a mass of people screaming, it was like each individual scream was heard identifiably. It wasn't a mixture.

Why would my brain just generate that? It was a sound more real than anything I ever heard in real life. I also heard giggling sometimes in sleep paralysis, I remember when I was a child I heard giggling under my bad, like some evil kobolds, and I got up and ran screaming into my parents bedroom. The last apartment I lived I had an experience where I was paralyzed and could sense two people in my room, they were looking at me and talking about how I was sleeping. These things I just dismiss as hallucinations but the screaming hell thing was just disturbing, however I do also dismiss that as some sort of hallucination.

What do you think about sleep paralysis in general, are the entites encountered just imagination?

Glory to Israel

23 minutes ago, Scholar said:

But what about true Hell, as in collective Hell, where souls scream in unimaginable horror and agony? I heard that once in sleep paralysis, and I am not at all religious. It was the scariest and loudest thing I ever heard in my life. It was unnaturally loud, like loud beyond anything that could actually come through my ear. And it was so weird, it was like I could sense each scream individually. It wasn't listening to a mass of people screaming, it was like each individual scream was heard identifiably. It wasn't a mixture.

Why would my brain just generate that? It was a sound more real than anything I ever heard in real life. I also heard giggling sometimes in sleep paralysis, I remember when I was a child I heard giggling under my bad, like some evil kobolds, and I got up and ran screaming into my parents bedroom. The last apartment I lived I had an experience where I was paralyzed and could sense two people in my room, they were looking at me and talking about how I was sleeping. These things I just dismiss as hallucinations but the screaming hell thing was just disturbing, however I do also dismiss that as some sort of hallucination.

What do you think about sleep paralysis in general, are the entites encountered just imagination?

@Scholar I believe I have read somewhere that parasitic entities will sometimes scare people while in sleep paralysis so they can feed off the psychic energy that their fear puts out.

There is no entity that puts people in a collective hell as retribution for "sins". People put themselves there and it is their low vibrational state that creates their own suffering. I read somewhere where a spirit was channeled that people may go there between incarnations to burn off their attachments and aversions. That makes sense to me.

Take a stiff dose of psychedelics and resist the experience and try to control it. Thats a great way to experience hell. Let go of all resistance and control, and it opens up to great beauty. I think this provides a peek into the spiritual realm.

I believe that Love and Beauty are the Great Attractors that pull ALL beings towards it eventually as their existence progresses. Consciousness moves away from suffering, which is caused by the absence of love and beauty, and moves towards the cure imo.

A note on seeing spirits: some people get involved with the occult because they desire to interact directly with the spirit realm and spirits but others get involved with the occult to manage and tone down their interaction with the spirit realm and spirits due to a natural unusual psychic sensitivity. 

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800

Today morning I was sleeping and meanwhile in the middle of it I "woke up" to a very vivid hallucination of me getting up from my bed, it felt like I was merging into a realm of imagination but I didn't totally surrender because I felt like I didn't want to replace my common reality for another mysterious one, I am afraid of not being able to come back to the "original reality". What would you call this experience, a lucid dream or an astral projection? How would you make the distincion between the two? It's not my first time either, I often have this almost total merging in more different scenarios but I run away from it, what would you recommend to overcome that fear and just surrender to explore the realm?

Also,  what is your personal opinion about sigil magick, is it low magick?

Thank you.