Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

On 20/08/2019 at 0:18 AM, Matt8800 said:

This is why all energy working traditions use visualization. The breath builds the power through gathering chi. You infuse the energy with your intent. You release the intention charged energy onto the astral realm with your visualization. If the energy is strong enough and is infused with the right intention, it effects physical reality due to correspondences resolving between the realms.

Could you talk more about this? Thanks

3 hours ago, ewerson18 said:

Could you talk more about this? Thanks

@ewerson18 Wow, that is a very complex subject that whole books have been written about. I would recommend learning the basics first of building energy and working with it. The best beginner book in that regard imo is Magnus Opus by John Kreiter.

This is one of those things that there is no end to the level of mastery one can develop.

Edited by Matt8800

I apologize if this has been discussed already but what would you recommend for books on the basics mainly energy healing. Also is it possible to astral project without even being aware of one’s ability to do it? I feel as though there are some experiences I’ve had that went beyond reason in the past, and after my last shroom trip, energy healing specifically with the touch but maybe more, seems to be something I’m drawn to 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I apologize if this has been discussed already but what would you recommend for books on the basics mainly energy healing. Also is it possible to astral project without even being aware of one’s ability to do it? I feel as though there are some experiences I’ve had that went beyond reason in the past, and after my last shroom trip, energy healing specifically with the touch but maybe more, seems to be something I’m drawn to 

@DrewNows I would recommend Magnus Opus by John Kreiter just as a way to start being able to work with energy. When healing, infuse the energy with the energy of gratitude and it will take your abilities to the next level. I learned that trick with using gratitude with healing from a Reiki master and it definitely works.

Regarding astral travel, many people say that we all do it when we dream but are just unaware or we dont remember. 

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@DrewNows I would recommend Magnus Opus by John Kreiter just as a way to start being able to work with energy. When healing, infuse the energy with the energy of gratitude and it will take your abilities to the next level. I learned that trick with using gratitude with healing from a Reiki master and it definitely works.

Regarding astral travel, many people say that we all do it when we dream but are just unaware or we dont remember. 

On 21/09/2019 at 7:29 PM, Matt8800 said:

@ewerson18 Wow, that is a very complex subject that whole books have been written about. I would recommend learning the basics first of building energy and working with it. The best beginner book in that regard imo is Magnus Opus by John Kreiter.

This is one of those things that there is no end to the level of mastery one can develop.

You have recommended this book many times, I will take a look, thanks.

How many hours do you meditate by day?

6 minutes ago, ewerson18 said:

You have recommended this book many times, I will take a look, thanks.

How many hours do you meditate by day?

@ewerson18 I usually meditate 40 minutes every morning and about another 40 minutes most evenings.

@Matt8800 , do you ask your spirit friends about the future of the world, such as what great mayhem climate change will bring about? I think we are speeding towards great hunger and misery and, despite remarkable activists trying to shake sense into politicians, nothing much will be done to have a significant impact. 

Please do share if you've sensed or been told anything.

1 hour ago, astrokeen said:

@Matt8800 , do you ask your spirit friends about the future of the world, such as what great mayhem climate change will bring about? I think we are speeding towards great hunger and misery and, despite remarkable activists trying to shake sense into politicians, nothing much will be done to have a significant impact. 

Please do share if you've sensed or been told anything.

@astrokeen I believe the climate is heading towards a catastrophe.

I also believe the markets have finally topped out and are in the process of reversing. Ive studied Elliott Wave Theory extensively for quite a few years and the markets have made a perfect bullish pattern for the last 100-150 years but has come to an end. Elliott Wave Theory says that a counter move takes 50-160% of the time of the bullish move. That means that the market wont probably recover for another 75-200+ years. 

Although this sounds dreary, dont fret about it. It was all destined and is a part of a bigger evolution of humanity and the planet. This is the reason why there are gods and goddesses that bring both destruction and then creation. Sometimes things have to be destroyed before they can be created anew.

My advice is seek love and beauty in the present moment. Seek guidance and strength from your spirit allies and continue pressing forward. Remember that you are here in this incarnation for a reason and that evolution should be continually focused on.

Im not worried. It was all inevitable. After the destruction, the creation will begin imo. It has to happen this way.

As for me personally, I just moved all my money, including my entire retirement, into crypto-currencies.

Edited by Matt8800

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Matt8800 said:
As for me personally, I just moved all my money, including my entire retirement, into crypto-currencies.

What's the reason for going to crypto-currencies? 

Edited by Neorez

6 hours ago, Neorez said:

What's the reason for going to crypto-currencies? 

@Neorez I think fiat currencies are artificially inflated. I do think that the US dollar has one more run up as people get out of the markets and get into the dollar and then it will crash for good. Nothing lasts forever. Rome didnt and neither will the current governments. I think people will start running to cryptos. This is just my personal opinion based on my interpretations of the markets. 

16 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@astrokeen I believe the climate is heading towards a catastrophe.

I also believe the markets have finally topped out and are in the process of reversing. Ive studied Elliott Wave Theory extensively for quite a few years and the markets have made a perfect bullish pattern for the last 100-150 years but has come to an end. Elliott Wave Theory says that a counter move takes 50-160% of the time of the bullish move. That means that the market wont probably recover for another 75-200+ years. 

Although this sounds dreary, dont fret about it. It was all destined and is a part of a bigger evolution of humanity and the planet. This is the reason why there are gods and goddesses that bring both destruction and then creation. Sometimes things have to be destroyed before they can be created anew.

My advice is seek love and beauty in the present moment. Seek guidance and strength from your spirit allies and continue pressing forward. Remember that you are here in this incarnation for a reason and that evolution should be continually focused on.

Im not worried. It was all inevitable. After the destruction, the creation will begin imo. It has to happen this way.

Are this from divination or your thoughts?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

37 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Are this from divination or your thoughts?

@Harikrishnan I have not yet seen a talent with divination in myself yet but Ive always had a "knowing" that almost always turns out to be right. At this time, all I can say is those predictions are merely my personal opinions because there is nothing objective I can use to validate it. I suppose time will tell but I bet time will show that Im right.

Hello and thank you for this topic.

How do you distinguish between magic and false correlations ? I have struggled with magical thinking OCD since childhood and I have always tried to reassure myself that it was "just my brain", but as I've learned more and more about spirituality over the past years, and "side effects" such as siddhis, law of attraction, etc, I am getting more and more afraid that I may have actually manifested some of my fears (mainly hurting/being the cause of the death of random people if I failed to accomplish certain rituals) into physical reality, and that I will continue to do so if I do not change my behaviour/do some counteracting magick.

So here are some questions:

-Is it possible that my OCD-based fears could have morphed over the years, into actual manifestations ? Is it likely that my fears may have attracted/created a spirit or something, whose aim is to just make sure the fears are being realized, just to make me unhappy somehow ?

-Also, at some points in my childhood I made "oaths" to the Christian God, mostly about restraining from certain material pleasures, as I was feeling somehow I did not deserve certain things (which now I find silly). I have since broken some of these oaths, and this has actually led to more OCD, since I then started believing that God would punish me for breaking them. I basically feared that God would punish me by doing what I feared the most... that is hurting people, so that I would feel guilty. What are the consequences of breaking oaths, if any ? (I remember swearing on a book of prayers and on an icon).

And to finish with, a more general question:

-What are the chances of people having hidden magickal powers which they are not aware of ? What are the chances of these people causing harm unintentionally through these powers ? What should they do about it first ? I've seen you recommended some books, but I am not (yet) interested in doing magick, apart from the fact that I want to make sure in some way, using magick if needed, that I'm not hurting  anyone.

Thanks a lot for your answers, it would mean a lot to me to eliminate these concerns from my life, as they have basically been the number one cause of emotional suffering for about ten years.

19 hours ago, ltp said:

Hello and thank you for this topic.

How do you distinguish between magic and false correlations ? I have struggled with magical thinking OCD since childhood and I have always tried to reassure myself that it was "just my brain", but as I've learned more and more about spirituality over the past years, and "side effects" such as siddhis, law of attraction, etc, I am getting more and more afraid that I may have actually manifested some of my fears (mainly hurting/being the cause of the death of random people if I failed to accomplish certain rituals) into physical reality, and that I will continue to do so if I do not change my behaviour/do some counteracting magick.

So here are some questions:

-Is it possible that my OCD-based fears could have morphed over the years, into actual manifestations ? Is it likely that my fears may have attracted/created a spirit or something, whose aim is to just make sure the fears are being realized, just to make me unhappy somehow ?

-Also, at some points in my childhood I made "oaths" to the Christian God, mostly about restraining from certain material pleasures, as I was feeling somehow I did not deserve certain things (which now I find silly). I have since broken some of these oaths, and this has actually led to more OCD, since I then started believing that God would punish me for breaking them. I basically feared that God would punish me by doing what I feared the most... that is hurting people, so that I would feel guilty. What are the consequences of breaking oaths, if any ? (I remember swearing on a book of prayers and on an icon).

And to finish with, a more general question:

-What are the chances of people having hidden magickal powers which they are not aware of ? What are the chances of these people causing harm unintentionally through these powers ? What should they do about it first ? I've seen you recommended some books, but I am not (yet) interested in doing magick, apart from the fact that I want to make sure in some way, using magick if needed, that I'm not hurting  anyone.

Thanks a lot for your answers, it would mean a lot to me to eliminate these concerns from my life, as they have basically been the number one cause of emotional suffering for about ten years.

@ltp I answered your questions below:

1. yes, absolutely. Everybody is doing magick all the time, whether they realize it or not. People manifest placebos as reality even though they are not trained in the occult because it is an everyday thing. If we do it unconsciously, we can hurt ourselves and others. That is why I think it is important to understand occult principals and be mindful. 

2. I dont believe in a God that punishes, and neither do ANY of the non-dual traditions.  Other than you just being indoctrinated at a young age, why would you believe that? (think carefully about this) That is religious and dualistic dogma and was not a part of ancient, or current non-dual, spirituality. You didnt know better at the time so dont worry about it. With that said, in the future however, if you are not sure about an oath, dont make it. 

3. Ill intent, hatred and wishing someone would fail can produce magickal effects on the target, along with ourselves due to low vibrational energy. That is why we must transcend egoic tendencies and resonate and vibrate with our true values. 

Whether you want to "do" magick or not, you are already doing it :) It is either conscious or unconscious with varying degrees of skill. I simply choose doing it consciously with a high degree of skill according to my values.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 What are the main ways average people unconsciously perform magick? Is this similar to the law of attraction?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Matt8800

Hi and thank you for your answers, they helped me.

Here are some further questions about those answers:

1. What do you mean by manifesting placebos ? Also, what are those occult principals ? Could you make a short list for a beginner, so that I can reduce the harm I could cause on me and others ? :)

2. If there is no God that punishes, are there not nevertheless malevolent gods or spirits that could manifest the fears of an OCD sufferer into reality to torment them ? Could that have happened in my case ? I'm very concerned about what harm all these years of OCD could have done, and also how to stop these manifestations it if necessary ?

3. Through all my OCD years, I have never actually wished someone to get hurt; all I felt was fear they would get hurt because of me. Can fear of something happening trigger magick too ? What are the chances of this to be true as opposed to actual will for the people to get hurt ?

I really wish to become conscious of precisely what stuff I have been (unwillingly) doing in my life so far that could have had bad consequences in reality, and how to stop it.

Thanks

14 hours ago, ltp said:

@Matt8800

Hi and thank you for your answers, they helped me.

Here are some further questions about those answers:

1. What do you mean by manifesting placebos ? Also, what are those occult principals ? Could you make a short list for a beginner, so that I can reduce the harm I could cause on me and others ? :)

2. If there is no God that punishes, are there not nevertheless malevolent gods or spirits that could manifest the fears of an OCD sufferer into reality to torment them ? Could that have happened in my case ? I'm very concerned about what harm all these years of OCD could have done, and also how to stop these manifestations it if necessary ?

3. Through all my OCD years, I have never actually wished someone to get hurt; all I felt was fear they would get hurt because of me. Can fear of something happening trigger magick too ? What are the chances of this to be true as opposed to actual will for the people to get hurt ?

I really wish to become conscious of precisely what stuff I have been (unwillingly) doing in my life so far that could have had bad consequences in reality, and how to stop it.

Thanks

@ltp

1. A placebo is just something that affects someone physically simply because they believe it will. There is no apparent cause-effect relationship other than the belief. It just means that our beliefs tend to manifest so be careful about what you believe.

2. God is different than gods. The latter is just evolved, powerful spirits. The former is ineffable. I wouldnt be worried about what spirits are doing to you or what you are doing to others; I would focus on your fears. You seem to be full of fear and that is the biggest thing that needs to change imo. You might have limited control (or none) over your OCD but you need to work on accepting ALL your fears. The worse case scenario is death. Totally accept death and you will find it is easy to accept everything else.

3. The very act of living is going to cause some "good" and some "bad". Just accept this and try to accentuate the good by increasingly learning to project love, kindness and gratitude. 

I suspect that overcoming fear and accepting reality the way it is and will be, is one of the main purposes of your incarnation. Get that done in this lifetime. Your other fears and worries are just distractions from overcoming the fear and worry itself.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800

I have indeed very little control over my OCD beliefs, and adding the new belief that magick can actually happen due to OCD just reinforces the beliefs already there for years.

Will removing the fear generated by these beliefs make these beliefs somehow fade ? Will accepting the fears produced by my OCD, whithout reacting to them with rituals, be sufficient for their stopping manifesting ? Or should I additionally reprogram my mind with new beliefs, that would be the opposite of the beliefs created by the OCD ?

To sum up: is magick manifesting through thoughts + fear, or only through fear ?

Thanks