Bodhidharma

Attraction as a 5'4 male

14 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm 18 yo and I always wonder about this, I don't struggle with women, but do you guys think it's a major desavantage and why?

It's only a disadvantage if you look at it that way, and it affects your confidence in a negative way. Girls are attracted to confidence, personality and humour - Not looks.

...But what if the opposite is true?

It’s a disadvantage on the level of passive attraction. Most girls prefer men, taller than themself. 

So, if you’re taller, you’re one point ahead. 

What is more important, is the level of attraction that comes from the emotions you give her by the way you interact with her. 

If indeed, as said by @Dwarniel, it affects your self-image. Then it will affect the way you act and get perceived. 

You’ll operate from a place of contraction because of your insecurity.

Women are attracted to masculine energy. (Depends on the woman, but most are)

Your confidence, an important aspect of masculinity, will suffer from the insecurity of your height, so it will make you appear less masculine. Women are intuitively really strong in picking up how you feel about yourself. 

Physical appearance is not the determining factor in attraction. But it definitely matters. But not significantly.

Yes it does matter and I say this an ugly autistic barely 6 foot male. napaleon complex is an insult used against confident short men who are acting out of place/not acting their face, like an ugly man wearing good clothes. 

its not over but its not completely hopeful either.

A lot of girls assume positive qualities about tall men that aren't necessarily true and they can't control it. they are stuck in hunter gatherer past more than men are.

Edited by wk197

I've known several short guys like this who had great game.

Game is what really matters.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:13 AM, Bodhidharma said:

Hey, I'm 18 yo and I always wonder about this, I don't struggle with women, but do you guys think it's a major desavantage and why?

sorry to chime in nothing against you - i know a couple where she is much taller than him, it doesn`t matter, just see it that way if it`s a problem for the woman, she`s not the right one anyways. so tall or not it doesn`t matter if you find someone aproximately your age.

not true i even know more than one couple.

Edited by remember

On 8/13/2019 at 10:13 PM, Bodhidharma said:

Hey, I'm 18 yo and I always wonder about this, I don't struggle with women, but do you guys think it's a major disadvantage and why?

why would you wonder this if you don't struggle with women?

@remember What is 'the logo question'?

4 hours ago, remember said:

i`m aginst using the wording "girl" "boy" "baby" regarding partnerchoices until there is no answer to the logo question.

you even joke about this? it is in a sense disgusting and also dicriminating towards the op!

and how is that a joke, disgusting, or discriminating?

4 hours ago, remember said:

sorry to chime in nothing against you - i know a couple where she is much taller than him, it doesn`t matter, just see it that way if it`s a problem for the woman, she`s not the right one anyways. so tall or not it doesn`t matter if you find someone aproximately your age.

I dated a girl that was taller than me once. Overall, I think the anecdotes prove height is definitely not everything.

2 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

why would you wonder this if you don't struggle with women?

I'm in the same position as him and i wonder because I wonder if I could be even better otherwise.

@Nak Khid Yeah dude it's the following: in my view I'm in a comfortable position with them, women have a good time with me and I consider my self pretty confident( I even give some credit for my height), but sometimes my confidence is a little disturbed by this and I ask my self if I could be better.

In my experience when you're a pretty short dude it's like getting out of a fucked up neighborhood, either you come traumatized (most of the cases) or you come as a badass. Of course it's not so black and white like that but I find it a good example. Also in my experience your height is a factor if you let it be that way, you create a whole reality behind the insecurity and it becomes obvious. Self acceptance and a little bit of humor is the key.

I throwed this question here because I wanted to hear from you guys, there's a lot of wisdom around here.