billiesimon

Does the law of attraction work? And what's the spiritual explanation?

53 posts in this topic

@theking00

Write down what you want, and tape it to the wall. 

Start talking about what you want, and doing things you enjoy. Do things for yourself that you like, that feel good to you. Doing things that feel better to you, causes you to feel better. Recognize, acknowledge, know that better feeling. Your perspective will begin to change, and you’ll want things that you aren’t aware of yet. Write em down. Tape em to the wall. You’ll notice interests which you aren’t aware of yet, check them out. Keep in mind, you’ll be feeling better for having done things that you like, and your perspective will naturally be better. 

You’ll notice thoughts arise about what you want, and thoughts arise about it’s absence. Choose the thoughts about what you want. You are getting more of whichever end of that duality you’re thinking about. What you want arises from within you. It also arises in the physical sense, from within you. If you ‘get stuck’ with choosing a better thought, just choose a little bit better feeling thought that is true for you. As you do more of what you enjoy, and choose better thoughts, you’ll continue feeling better, and your perspective will really open up. You’ll be wanting things you had no idea you’d want, and you’ll feel better than you ever have. Fun, and exciting. 

People, things, opportunities, will come about in accordance with what you want. Continue choosing thoughts about what you want when these present themselves. They are what you asked for, nothing more, nothing less. They will come in ordinary everyday appearances. 

Sensation is guidance. Listen to it. If it doesn’t feel good, go back to choosing thoughts about what you want. You’ll easily learn not to be stubborn, because you’ll be loving how you’re feeling when you listen and align with sensations, and choosing thoughts about what you want. It is literally the good feeling you are aligning with. This good feeling lifts you up to perspectives you’ve not yet seen. I’m sorry to be the one who is breaking this to you, but, that’s what you’ll need to do. Stuff you like, that feels good to you. (Sorry for this)

What you want is going to come from what already is, so loosen up, relax, be flexible with things. Choose the thoughts about what you want, over thoughts about what already is. What is, is old news. The Source of you already knows everything you’ve ever wanted in your entire life, and is always giving it to you. Now that you’ve dialed up the emotional scale, you’ll start receiving it. You won’t be ‘getting in the way’. You’ll feel good, and you’ll allow it to come however it is, appreciating that it is coming, and feeling great.

You’ll learn to ‘zoom in & zoom out’. If you get off track, if things seem intense, think more general and simple; puppies, blue skies, humor, the universe is loving me, anything will do which gets you feeling better, reconnected. Take a minute to notice, each day, your paper on the wall. Remember the bigger picture you are wanting. Allow the feeling good of knowing it is coming, recognize feeling good actually equals feeling good, and feeling good naturally brings things you want and elevates your perspective, which leads to discovering more that you want.

At this point, you’re pretty dialed into some feelings that feel flat out exhilarating, unstoppable really, invincible. You’ll be used to connecting more often and more deeply with these great sensations, listening intently to the guidance with more sensitivity, appreciation, and gratitude for how great life feels. (Sorry again about that).  

You’re thinking about what you want, doing things you like, taking care of yourself, noticing some intriguing coincidences and profound opportunities coming around. This is what you want, coming to you, and you’re feeling so good, so deserving and worthy, so accepting, that you are willing to receive it. Which is great, because Source has been wanting you to have it. 

It becomes really clear that these sensations are your connection to Source, to The Universe, to Everything. And everything you want, comes from everything that already is. Like magic. As if it was made for this, as if you were designed for this experiencing. As if all the wants themselves came from everything that is already,  the very same everything which everything you want is coming from. You will be astonished. Agape. You will be so mesmerized by Source’s love and generosity, and ease of alignment at this point, that you will tell others about this, and they will say you’re nuts, and that they would have to know details, and that there must be more to it.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thanks @Nahm I already know that I can get have be anything I want. Insights from Vortex. 

But you can't accept that kind of gift. This is the main reason I wanted to become Full fledged monk. "Problem" is that Source which is me like everything else has something much more different "in apparent plan". 

Can the law of attraction make me grow wings? 

Can the law of attraction give me a bigger dong?

Can the law of attraction make a man turn into a woman(biologically)?

Could I use law of attraction to cause a tsunami in England?

Could the law of attraction be an underappreciated radical phenomenon or an airy fairy deception to get us to push our human limits?

@wk197 If the law of attraction works on what YOU - the observer,the consciousness-  wants, I think you will soon find out that YOU don't really want a bigger dong, but the right woman for your dong, you don't want wings, but the freedom to move, you don't want to be a woman, but to be loved for who you are, not a tsunami in England, but an awakening for the people in England

At least that's what I understood from what @Nahm said 

@Nahm Lets be serious.

God wants everyone to be God. That's the greatest desire of God. How I know? Trust me  I know. ?

This shit has nothing to do with egoic personal development. It has to do with SELF actualization. 

Very much if you do it right, you will become Saint like there is no escaping this. ?

I do not want to be Jesus I already suffered enough. Who Will understand, vacation sure. 

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Think about what you want.

But is the LoA able to manifest things out of your physical control? 

For example meeting by chance your perfect girl or finding your perfect job opportunity? 

Those things that common people call "luck". 

Or is it just a "self help" law, which dictates that thinking positive makes you more productive? 

That's what I don't understand. 

Is it spiritual or just behavioral in nature? 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

11 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Nahm Lets be serious.

God wants everyone to be God. That's the greatest desire of God. How I know? Trust me  I know. ?

This shit has nothing to do with egoic personal development. It has to do with SELF actualization. 

Very much if you do it right, you will become Saint like there is no escaping this. ?

I do not want to be Jesus I already suffered enough. Who Will understand, vacation sure. 

God wants Good, in all forms, for everyone. Man is serious, man thinks too much, and thinks to much of himself, and of concepts like ego, sainthood, “being Jesus”, etc. Source is childlike and loving, while immeasurably intelligent & powerful. Source is inseparable of course, but thoughts of unworthiness can feel like we are “pinched off”. By design, we have sensations. By tuning into them, we “plug into the electricy” which created this world, and all our “wants” within it to begin with. The tolerance for this “pinched off” sensation dwindles in the wonderful feelings of alignment, and in building momentum, ‘moving up the emotional scale’, and sharing this profound truth and love. It could justifiably be referred to as, the magic scale. If you don’t believe me, try it, share it. See the effect this has for you and anyone else, out there in “Serioustown”.  What does it matter, being a “saint” or not, when you have access to Love right now & you understand we all have this access equally? Love is within you, love is the fabric of the universe. There is nowhere you can go where this love is not already within you. 

20 minutes ago, billiesimon said:

But is the LoA able to manifest things out of your physical control? 

For example meeting by chance your perfect girl or finding your perfect job opportunity? 

Those things that common people call "luck". 

Or is it just a "self help" law, which dictates that thinking positive makes you more productive? 

That's what I don't understand. 

Is it spiritual or just behavioral in nature? 

You don’t need to control anymore. You can let go of the paradigm. Use a pad of paper and a pencil, and start writing about your perfect girl, and your perfect job. Don’t clench the stomach and hold back as any resistant thinking arises. Relax, breathe slowly & deeply, and let it out. In realigning with your sensations and feelings, you’ll begin to understand yourself and your world in new exciting ways that words just can’t capture. It’s that Good. 

When she shows up, when the financial opportunities show up - yes, it will seem like “luck”. Enjoy it, tell yourself you are the luckiest person in the world. Write down what you want next. Release resistant thinking, choose thoughts about what you want. The “luck” will blow your mind.

It is not about positive thinking, nor productivity. It’s about what you, as a unique individual, want. Consider, the Source of you is the Source of me, and there is an obviousness to the fact that we want different things. Loa is not a blanket teaching, in the sense, you can not attract for others anymore than you can assert onto them. You can share the teaching, the message, if you like. But it is up to everyone of us to choose thoughts of wanted. We can only Love & encourage each other to do so. We can only get out of our own way. 

What does it matter if you think of this as spiritual or behavioral? You already know how to want, you already recognize resistant thinking via your sensations, you can already choose thoughts about what you want. You are already the creator. 

1 hour ago, wk197 said:

Can the law of attraction make me grow wings? 

Can the law of attraction give me a bigger dong?

Can the law of attraction make a man turn into a woman(biologically)?

Could I use law of attraction to cause a tsunami in England?

Could the law of attraction be an underappreciated radical phenomenon or an airy fairy deception to get us to push our human limits?

It’s not about pushing limits, it’s about realizing the limits exist as resistant thoughts. You can think about what you want. The key is allowing the wanting, allowing releases, and aligning with sensations - inner guidance. Source has already done 99% of the work, and here you find yourself, inexplicably, in this world, wanting things. If you take some time to yourself, to write down what you want, if you are honest with yourself, and sincere about what you want, it will start coming. Recognize it in it’s arrival. Do not be fooled by the appearance of reality, do not take it as “ordinary”, do not take it for granted that you exist. What you want will come in ways so mysterious, you’ll call it a coincidence. Reality is already magical, and there are no coincidences. You will ‘get in the groove’, you’ll directly experience this nature of things; you want, you choose thoughts aligned with what you want, and Source brings it to you, you allow it, you accept it, you receive it. There is only one Source, and it is Good. There is no source of evil, or bad. There is only aligning with your highest, inner Goodness. As you align more and more with your sensations, your inner being, you might find you do not want harm to befall anyone. You might find flying does not require wings. 

12 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@Yog But only raising consciousness is only half the deal no? Isn't that exactly the point why transformation is to be approached simultaneously to consciousness work? What I mean is: of course raising consciousness is super helpful in its own regard when we talk about the Law Of Attraction. But to really make it flourish, isn't it important to use the co-creative choice we have to choose the thoughts that are in alignment with the consciousness that I am/we are? Of course, this choice might be an illusion and ultimately God's choice. But nevertheless, right now I can choose to think "I love you" and feel it. Isn't that choice, always chosen again and again, what brings empowerment to the mind and "gets it on your side"? 

I'm asking to understand that process better because I'm fairly new to LoA etc.

@peanutspathtotruth
My line of thinking is that transformation is best seen is a result of rising consciousness and not as a separate goal to be perused, just like money is a result of creating value, if you chase the money hard, you might not get them, as the value you should create gets out of focus. Contra-intuitive stuff. Also if you are not raising your consciousness you may easily deceive yourself about the things you want, things that may be rooted in some past trauma, some vows you made and do not remember,  the society matrix ect ect. By raising consciousness you become better at seeing past such things, and therefore focus on what you really want.

Still it is differently better to choose to think "I love you" instead of "I hate you" as a plain choice as you said, regardless of your level of consciousness, but its not a good long term strategy to change thoughts with sheer force of will. Think of it like a leaking pipe, some may just put a bucket to collect the water, and call it done, some may put the bucket and throw themselves on fixing the pipe. Its always better to fix the pipe, even replace it.

That's why I think that : rising consciousness should be the primary goal, and the rest will follow.

Edited by Yog

@NahmHehe. Yeah I say reality is perfect. 

Enough of this. Paper and write things down. Later clean bathroom. ?

Thanks. 

True I am such a kid inside nad I love it, I Just Love it. Hahaha. Like everything ofcourse. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity Imagine all the great, most delicious, best food you’ll ever eat, all piled up in an auditorium. Imagine sitting down and eating it all in one sitting. Ridiculous, no? Experience is better one appreciated enjoyable dish at a time. The flavor is paramount, the aroma of now is the ideal itself, the experience is what is most fundamental. Our passion is now, love is felt & known only now, our stomachs are the perfect size, right now. This is inherently perfect, indeed.

Bring that paper & pen to the bathroom with you. Clean to clean, for the experience of cleaning. There are millions of people who do not have such access to a bathroom. You are already very fortunate. Be serious about enjoying your good fortune, and about not being serious! As such, the page will fill itself. This will lead to more of the same great blessings. Eventually, you will find you do not have the physical capacity to contain this understanding, this unification & alignment, this loving of this miracle of now, and you’ll just have to share it. And in doing so, a meta now is experienced. And new bathrooms are constructed where they were not before. Keep that pad of paper with you, because you get to do this for the rest of your life. 

Go ahead and rock your reality, crush experience, own it. See what comes.

Thanks, really. From heart. No wonder I cry every single day. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity Our Source has done all of the work already. :) Form eternal infinite love to this moment right now, is the greatest set up of a joke possible. The punchline is we’re not really ‘doing’ anything. It’s a gift.

@Nahm beautiful and powerful explanation. Thanks! 

Inquire in the now.

22 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Thanks, really. From heart. No wonder I cry every single day. 

Why is society setup such that crying (at least in public) is seen as a weakness? Why are we placed into jobs that make us lose our creativity and passion? Does the universe want to experience this for a while until society is ready to wake up? Do I as an individual need to wait for society to wake up before I can fully be comfortable with myself?

Not that I want to discount it completely, but my whole journey started somewhere near LOA teachings and I ditched them pretty quick. I just don't see how such a "law" could be helpful for much besides the development of the ego if it even were true. I think you could attribute anything that happens without a clear line of correlation too, so it's a bit hard to get on board with. Not that I'm not interested but it's just hard to see how such a principle from a loving universe favors people who know a general rule set to hold for thoughts, and abandons all the people who need it the worst to change their lives but are in too low a place to possibly have a chance to know it. Which is without mentioning that thoughts in regards to enlightenment are generally discouraged as a distraction from the present moment.

I suppose a large part can be my own conditioning in the matter, but I just don't see how the reasoning adds up anywhere in between. I do think it promotes proper and healthy mindsets that can alleviate your resistance to the things you want and make them more likely to happen. I don't see how that makes it a bulletproof law.

@Nahm something I never understood about visualization and LoA.

Let's say I want a nicer job. 

Should I keep on visualizing the SAME scene? For example: me arriving at the office, happy and in harmony with my work and colleagues, and starting my monday fullfilled. 

Or should I always freestyle a new visualization on the theme, with different scenes each time I sit to visualize? 

That's what I don't get about LoA and visualizations. 

Should they be "scripted" or always freestyled on inspiration? 

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.