Aaron p

Leo. Suffering.

61 posts in this topic

Leo, can you describe the kind of suffering that came about as a direct result of your spiritual growth? How it behaved? How did it feel to have then been relieved off the suffering? How can one discern, when suffering in general,  whether the suffering is a good kind of suffering (one that is a sign of spiritual growth) or unrelated suffering?

For me this is a very good topic, since if seekers do not know what kind of suffering to look for, they may think something is legitimately wrong with them. Also, if someone did have something legitimately wrong with them emotionally or psychologically they may interpret this as the suffering to be expected, and in turn not getting help for example, and then living in torment senselessly. We must know about the suffering if we are expected to became more conscious of it.

Edited by Aaron p

@Aaron p

Some sources of suffering/dissonance in the path for those who are seriously progressing

1) being a lone wolf. Not resonating with any relationship for a while

2) death of all preferrances and motivation for a while as the entire motivation system would eventually have to die and get reborn anew

3) popping of most fantasies, wants and certainties of the past like bubbles.

4) having moderate to heavy disorientation in self image as the elements get popped piece by piece..leaving a pale shadow of one's previous, precious self. Not recognizing oneself that much. Being alien to oneself.

5) a great uncertainty about future. A irksome fear of not finding any solid ground ever again!

6) just feeling meh from time to time. The existential meh. For no aparrent reason. Especially after waking up from sleep.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I'm very much a lone wolf. It's nearly shocking how much of my life has stopped and the amount of people I speak to.

I've noticed that I'm very very passive and really don't care about literally anything. Nearly like I'm there but I'm not there, like in a daydream (metaphorically). I became so passive that I lent my laptop to a girl and just forgot about it hahahaha. It seems like I've now got an incredible ability to save money as well. It seems like I spend wayyyyyyyyyy less money.

I have an incredible, growing feeling of uncertainty in the future as well.

I know what you mean when you say "existential meh". It sucks in my opinion.@Preetom

This seems quite relevant for this topic 

@Preetom damn well said ^_^ totally relate to just about all those. 

Well..one thing is certain folks.

Life as we knew it went out of the window and it would be impossible to put the blinders on again and pretend nothing has happened. 

We resist against that for a while, only to realize the futility of it.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Aaron p

Some sources of suffering/dissonance in the path for those who are seriously progressing

2) death of all preferrances and motivation for a while as the entire motivation system would eventually have to die and get reborn anew

4) having moderate to heavy disorientation in self image as the elements get popped piece by piece..leaving a pale shadow of one's previous, precious self. Not recognizing oneself that much. Being alien to oneself.

5) a great uncertainty about future. A irksome fear of not finding any solid ground ever again!

6) just feeling meh from time to time. The existential meh. For no aparrent reason. Especially after waking up from sleep.

Preetom, that's exactly what's happening to me right now. I noticed I am more depressed in the morning. I keep most of the day in silence and I know all that  will pass.

Motivation is pretty low, anyway I am still "acting" as a person hehehe and doing whatever I have to do.

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

8 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Preetom, that's exactly what's happening to me right now. I noticed I am more depressed in the morning. I keep most of the day in silence and I know it will pass.

Good boy is waking up.

Honestly speaking, the most discomforting part of the day for me is waking up from sleep.

I Iiterally feel a tremendous shock throughout my system. The usual 1st thought is  why did this hideous cancer of being a limited entity and knowing other things dawned upon me?

It feels like taking a human and trying to fit it in a mouse hole. The absolute infinity putting on its self imposed limitation of being abrakam/preetom back 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Sounds like I am you and you are me Lol...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I think that what is going to happen is all this realizations will begin to blend back into a new ego. But we will continue knowing that we are not any kind of ego, anyway we can't stop being an ego because otherwise we will stop functioning in the world. The world needs an ego/egos to interact.

Edited by abrakamowse

6 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Aaron p

Those are all signs of being stuck in the mind. They all stem from the belief that no belief is true, and from deconstructing meaning and value.

It should be a temporary stage that one must eventually outgrow, like myself right now, in the process of outgrowing. Until then, there is no true liberation happening.

@Truth Addict "They all stem from the belief that no belief is true..."

Interesting...thank you for your input, you've raised my consciousness slightly there. This is something that I have only now become conscious of.

Loneliness is hard for humans... 

Community life is almost everything as a human, friends/family and other relations are largely what makes the human expression deep and beautiful  and alive and are important for spiritual growth, mental well-being, and just maintaining sanity even

If you happen to kind of drop-out due to a spiritual shift it's probably important to find the others, or actually live in a community for a while, in a community you are forced to see each other, which is good because people often have tendencies to flee from love/depth and shy away with it own delusions.

@Aaron p For me it was about realizing how closed my heart was. The inner work to open up hurts a lot as well.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

@Aaron p For me it was about realizing how closed my heart was. The inner work to open up hurts a lot as well.

@ajasatya very much so

4 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I think that what is going to happen is all this realizations will begin to blend back into a new ego. But we will continue knowing that we are not any kind of ego, anyway we can't stop being an ego because otherwise we will stop functioning in the world. The world needs an ego/egos to interact.

You are close of something there.

Where others are drawn in their own cumulated self mind story.

@Aeris I was thinking what would happen if Buddha met Jesus.

Jesus will talk to him of God, and the Holy Spirit and the Father... and Buddha maybe will tell him not to say nothing about God, and he would talk about Maya and the Noble Path...

Both are the most enlightened beings IMO, but they will understand their realizations according to their culture and what have influenced them in their way of understanding the Absolute.

-_-

3 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Loneliness is hard for humans... 

Loneliness is hard for the ego...

;)

6 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Those are all signs of being stuck in the mind. They all stem from the belief that no belief is true, and from deconstructing meaning and value.

It should be a temporary stage that one must eventually outgrow, like myself right now, in the process of outgrowing. Until then, there is no true liberation happening.

Nononono

Those are all usual responses of the mind seeing its own fickle constructions and manipulations. The first signs of breaking out of the known, the conventional, the conformity. Its part of the path.

And of course the point is not to nest in there forever. The endgame of spirituality is to transcend the mind and all its constructs. 

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom yaoo

"good boy"

who is that? the self self? :D

i like the use of that

good-boy !

GOOD BOY!

It all comes from the @Good-boy of all good boys ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''