The Blind Sage

One of the most fucked up spiritual practices I've ever seen XD

22 posts in this topic

Behold, the Aghori:

Edited by The Blind Sage

All of them are devils doing devilry.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I haven't watched it yet but here's the full documentary:

Thanks for sharing. Fascinating stuff. There are many paths towards the Divine. This may be frowned upon but that's part of their work, to break social taboos. The dark and more violent parts of humanity has to be acknowledged and accepted to. The west has taken parts of this (Tantra, left-handed/vimachara) and from it comes satanism and all of those paths basically, but much less sophisticated. So that's what the west does with parts of eastern traditions often. They take parts that are alluring and exciting, sometimes steal the name right from it and have an absurdly watered down version of it.

Sky burial is a funeral practice in which a human corpse is placed on a mountaintop to decompose while exposed to the elements or to be eaten by scavenging animals, especially carrion birds. It is a specific type of the general practice of excarnation. It is practiced in the Chinese provinces and autonomous regions of Tibet, Qinghai, Sichuan and Inner Mongolia, as well as in Mongolia, Bhutan and parts of India such as Sikkim and Zanskar.

The locations of preparation and sky burial are understood in the Vajrayana Buddhist traditions as charnel grounds. Comparable practices are part of Zoroastrian burial practices where deceased are exposed to the elements and birds of prey on stone structures called Dakhma. Few such places remain operational today due to religious marginalisation, urbanisation and the decimation of vulture populations. (Wikipedia)

I found a video about this on reddit, I didn't wanted to post it here because it was very graphic, but this is something that some buddhist do.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, The Blind Sage said:

@abrakamowse Might as well post it, just give a viewer discretion warning :D 

Ok, I will search for it, it was in Reddit... BRB

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

So many formal rituals and beliefs they have, a shame it is that their practices hinge upon dogmatic thinking. If prana does exist, and if there is some sort of hidden science to spirituality, I don't think its crazy to rub human ashes on your body when meditating. And the whole thing about using human skulls as a cup to drink from, I like it. Buddhists do it too. 

Things like eating dead human flesh, eating animal faeces, leftover food from a garbage dump, animal urine. Such a thing probably works for them raising conciousness, it sure as hell ain't healthy for their physical body. Because these teachings are done in the framework of dogma, these bizarre practices will be limited in far they can take you because you have fundamentalist belief structure. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Most of the videos about Aghoris are not real. There are lot of people who live in varanasi,rishikesh etc dress like them and make a living cheating foriegners. An Aghori giving a interview itself is something funny.

Reporter: you have been to this tradition for 12 years. I see many of u not wearing clothes why are u.

HE: Removes his clothes. 

Reporter: dont remove dont remove and runs away.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I found another one, I think this one is more explicit. Be careful and again VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!

This is how  Zorastrians also do. Body is exposed to sun and is given to vultures and crow as they believe burying or cremating the dead is seen as polluting nature.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I don't understand what's disturbing about sky burials? Are people in the west genuinely disturbed by this, or is it just something that everyone thinks everyone else is disturbed by?

When I die I hope my useful organs are donated to a living human, and scientific research, and then when it's not useful to anyone at all, feed the rest to birds or invertebrates. I'm not going to need it anymore xD

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish  I think people here in this forum is more probable that they won't be disturbed by it, because we know that the body is impermanent and we don't care so much what happens to it after death. I wrote the warning just in case there's someone who can be sensible to it.

When I was unconscious maybe I could have been disturbed by it. Lol...

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

i think the reason for sky burials and cremations etc is to 'destroy' the body as quickly as possible so the 'soul' does not cling to the body for so long. I read that the decrease in human conciusness came about when we started burying our bodies, because the souls are bound to the heavy earthly energies. and after so many millions of people getting buried, the bound energy is causing serious problems for the world. 

apparently In traditional india, when they cremate the body, they listen for a distinct pop sound in the skull, they believe this shoots some frequency wave or someshit that sends the soul further to higher frequency realms. and if the pop isn't heard then the eldest son must take a stick and literally smash the top of the skull. And if this isn't done, then you can perform a ritual by smashing a coconut with strong intentions. (apparently this isn't necessary if you are fully realized, which only a few ever would be)

donno if that's legit or what, but somethings to think about. I don't think the ancient Vedic texts ever mention burying people when they die, and there would be a good reason for that I assume

Edited by passerby

13 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Most of the videos about Aghoris are not real. There are lot of people who live in varanasi,rishikesh etc dress like them and make a living cheating foriegners. An Aghori giving a interview itself is something funny.

Reporter: you have been to this tradition for 12 years. I see many of u not wearing clothes why are u.

HE: Removes his clothes. 

Reporter: dont remove dont remove and runs away.

HAHAHAHAHAHA