Preetom

Mapping Out Leo's Psychedelic Insights Within Vedantic Perspective

188 posts in this topic

You can make all symbols during this 'material' experience because life is a joy in itself. 

Posted (edited)

@Anna1 indeed Oneness or Absolute Inifnity is never contradicted here.  It is never stated here that Maya or Ishvara which wields Maya is not Brahman.  

Brahman manifests Maya.  There is only One.  Absolute Infinity.

Once Brahman splits into duality one can view Ishvara as a separate entity because that is what relativity is.

But Absolute awareness is itself and has no where to go.  It is all things.

Theories as to why it becomes form or why Maya creates God which creates the universe are immaterial to this discussion because it is all One.

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Since you people are talking so much about creation.. nothing is really created: 

And.. "One" implies two, and more. So "One" isn't quite right either.

@Mikael89 without even listening to this and i will.  That's exactly right.  That is the strange loop when you try to be the Absolute from the relative.  You see that it is somehow both.  The paradox.  

But from the Absolute it just is itself

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Posted (edited)

"That's exactly right.  That is the strange loop when you try to be the Absolute from the relative.  You see that it is somehow both.  The paradox. But from the Absolute it just is itself".

It is just too complicated to realize for some without deep contemplation at least. Even if master in video says so.

Edited by tedens

@tedens Love will awaken you.

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Since you people are talking so much about creation.. nothing is really created

Guess I'm one of the "you people", so I'll comment.

The world appearance is a superimposition upon Brahman. Like the snake and the rope. Names and forms appear to be something other than Brahman itself. 

You discriminate in Vedanta, to distinguish between whats real and what's apparently real (or a reflection).

However, Isvara (God) being also an appearance, therefore a superimposition, does presume the role of creator, sustainer, destroyer of the universe according to Advaita Vedanta. 

...Isvara appears as it's own creation. So, whatever you see is an aspect of God "manifested"...but fundamentally the creation is really formless, attributeless, limitless Brahman. Just as the wave and the ocean are fundamentally water, but Brahman itself is forever untouched by any of it, such is why it can be called an illusion or dream.

You guys just like to overthink and then get lost in the labyrinths of the mind.

(Did you know?)

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

You guys just like to overthink and then get lost in the labyrinths of the mind.

(Did you know?)

Thing is, once you know who you are, not just in thought. You can let it all go for your own purposes, but that doesn't really help someone else make the same Self-realization. 

Neo-Advaita only gets you so far in my humble opinion.

Posted (edited)

@Anna1 

And how is overthinking going to solve that problem exactly? I think it only makes it worse.

P.S. I had no idea I was talking Neo-Advaita until you mentioned it. You see how simple it is? It requires no knowledge.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

@Anna1 

And how is overthinking going to solve that problem exactly? I think it only makes it worse.

P.S. I had no idea I was talking Neo-Advaita until you mentioned it.

I don't think I'm over thinking. It seems that way to you and probably others, because they don't know the teaching. I'm not here to convince you to go the Advaita Vedanta route, the teaching is there for anyone not satisfied with their current teachings. It's thousands of years old and doesn't need a sales pitch.

Posted (edited)

@Anna1

I never "accused" you in specific of overthinking 😂

The ultimate teaching is no-teaching.

By the way, if you don't think that you're overthinking, then you're probably overthinking. When you really don't overthink, you know it, you don't guess.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict I assumed since I was recently posting that it was inferred.

Yes, sure, go the no teaching route. Good luck with that...

Posted (edited)

@Anna1

Once you have eaten from the tree, you have become cursed. And now you will always remain its captive until you shit whatever you've eaten 😇

(I made some edits in my previous posts).

Edited by Truth Addict

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

By the way, if you don't think that you're overthinking, then you're probably overthinking. When you really don't overthink, you know it, you don't guess.

Um, lol, that was my opinion, not a guessing.

My opinion is that-

"I DON'T THINK I'M OVER THINKING"

😂

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Anna1

Once you have eaten from the tree, you have become cursed. And now you will always remain its captive until you shit what you've eaten 😇

(I made some edits in my previous posts).

If you read my other post I was basically saying that once you are Self-realized you "don't" need the teachings anymore (shit what you've eaten).

It's only worthwhile to discuss if helping someone else become Self-realized...or to understand the cosmos and how things work according to Advaita Vedanta. 

Edited by Anna1

@Anna1

Brahman is self aware is not aware of anything else other than itself.Brahman is neither the doer nor the experiencer.

Ego the reflected conciousness is always aware of the mind and mind control the senses.

So in short ego is the perceiver or reflected awareness.

Or in otherwords ego is the subject.Can ego know itself - no it cannot as it can never be aware of itself but all other than itself.

The ego cannot know the brahman as well.

So whats the purpose of witnessing(saakshi) or self enquiry on the subject ?

Pls clarify.

@Preetom  

6 minutes ago, Jkris said:

Brahman is self aware is not aware of anything else other than itself.Brahman is neither the doer nor the experiencer.

Hi,

I'm not a teacher. Actually, I'm even bad at explaining this stuff. But, I'll try. If I'm off, I assume Preetom will correct me.😂

Brahman is aware, but not of objects, as it's perspective (although it doesnt truly have one) is that there is nothing but it. However, Brahman plus mind is Jiva (apparent person), then is capable of knowing, perceiving, etc.

Ego questions- yes, ego is reflected awareness, but so is all manifestation both subtle and gross.

It's the mind that is aware of ego, not the ego aware of mind (ie, many ppl say, "my ego..."). Think of it this way, ego is the "I" thought within the mind. Also, it's mind aware of the bodily senses.

Ego "can" realize its real nature is Brahman/awareness, once Self-Realization or enlightenment happens. It can process the information gained from the experience into Self-knowledge.

If it could not there wouldn't be books written, YT videos, etc. of enlightened ppl teaching. It takes a certain amount of ego to perform such activities. 

Purpose of Self-inquiry: discrimination between whats real and what's reflected awareness and become Self-realized, know your true nature as Brahman.