Preetom

Mapping Out Leo's Psychedelic Insights Within Vedantic Perspective

188 posts in this topic

@Mikael89 why Brahman is not experienced in deep sleep ?🤔 @Preetom 

Brahman is not an object of experience.The eyes cannot see itself.

Vs

Awareness is aware of itself.Yes defenitely it is an experience - suchness,is essential,Nothingness,emptiness,void

🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Solace said:

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

@Solace Yes, everything is Brahman, but Brahman isn't dependent on anything, for example on the world.

But the world is dependent on Brahman.

Hence Brahman and the world are not identical.

A wave is dependent on ocean, but ocean isn't dependent on wave. Hence wave and ocean aren't identical.

You can't possibly argue against this. 

"I am Consciousness alone. I am possessed of divine Knowledge. I am without any words to express myself. I am Brahman alone."

"I have no meaning. This is without meaning. I am devoid of the meaning of all. I am Brahman alone."

"I am of the nature that cannot be described. I am without beginning and without end. I am not of the nature of insentient matter. I am Brahman alone."

"I am devoid of all names and such. I am devoid of all forms. I am devoid of all attachments. I am Brahman alone."

"I am the end of all forms. I am the joy that is the end of all names. I am the end of all the eons of time. I am Brahman alone."

"I am without an ego. I am without a master. I am ever of the nature of Brahman. I am Brahman alone."

"I am devoid of Brahma or the characteristics of Brahma and others, devoid of the characteristics of Kesava (Vishnu) and others. I am without the characteristics Sankara and others. I am Brahman alone."

"I am joyous. I am the embodiment of joy. I am Brahman alone. I am neither a boy nor am I a youth, nor an old man. I am higher than the highest."

"You are Bliss. You are the Supreme. You are devoid of all, and you are attributeless. You are the One alone, without a second. You are Brahman. There is no doubt of this."

"You are devoid of even a little of anything. You are without even an atom. You are devoid of objective existence. You are devoid of nonexistence and such."

"You are devoid of indications and qualities. You are just Consciousness. You are afflictionless. You are ever the one undivided Essence. You are Brahman. There is no doubt of this."

"I am without bondage, liberation, or any other state. I am He, the pure Brahman, and such. I am without a mind and all. I am the highest. I am the supreme."

"I am without contemplation and without the absence of contemplation. I am without anything upon which to contemplate. Such a one am I. I am fuller than the full. I am perfectly full. I am fullness. Such a one am I."

"I am of the nature of that which transcends all. I am the Supreme Brahman. Such a one am I. I have no objectivity or characteristics to perceive. I do not merge with anything. Such a one am I."

"I am without a measurement, and there is nothing that can measure me. There is nothing for me to measure. Such a one am I. I am also the seer of the world. I am without eyes or any other means of perception."

- Ribhu Gita

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Solace said:

My posts weren't carefully read, this is why you and others who have commented on them don't understand the meaning. * Hint* read what Mikael has been posting.

I guess you'd have to know Advaita Vedanta or it just goes right over your head.

Edited by Anna1

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Namaste 🙏 🕉

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

My posts weren't carefully read, this is why you and others who have commented on them don't understand the meaning. * Hint* read what Mikael has been posting.

I guess you'd have to know Advaita Vedanta or it just goes right over your head.

Yes indeed. It requires refined discrimination between self and non-self, between real and unreal, between eternal and transient along with understanding the logical derivations of advaita scriptures in order to appreciate whats being said here.

This discrimination is the hallmark of vedanta. And it says that the very root of our spiritual ignorance about Brahman lies in our very inability to appreciate this distinction.

The "untrained eye" only sees the clay pots, it only sees the material objective world and the reality which is Brahman/clay is non existent to it. But by making this discrimination between clay and clay pot, the sole existence of clay and the fiction of the potness is understood and appreciated. Same thing goes with Brahman.

Edited by Preetom

''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

@Preetom Yes. Pretty shocking stuff that everyone here seems to be so ignorant.

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Preetom Yes. Pretty shocking stuff that everyone here seems to be so ignorant.

Wow. What is it specifically everyone is ignorant of? 

Just now, Nahm said:

Distinction between ramen noodles and brahman noodles 😂

''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Well, not everyone, but most.

You know.. what we have been talking about in the thread. Distinction between Real and unreal.

Between Brahman and maya.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Mikael89 Right, gotcha. I’m asking you what this specific distinction is, which you are aware of.

Anything that is perceived is unreal.

What remains and is eternal is Real.

Buddha wall-VIVEKA .jpg

main-qimg-f0b175506fa08ad3b0032c7d024647e8.jpeg

@Mikael89 Also, if you make the distinction, real and unreal, is that your direct experience, or belief?  If so, can you share...what was it like, your direct experience of unreal? How did you know it was unreal, how did you arrive at that for yourself?

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Mikael89 Also, if you make the distinction, real and unreal, is that your direct experience, or belief?  If o, can you share...what was it like, your direct experience of unreal? How did you know it was unreal, how did you arrive at that for yourself?

Idk.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Mikael89 Also, if you make the distinction, real and unreal, is that your direct experience, or belief?  If so, can you share...what was it like, your direct experience of unreal? How did you know it was unreal, how did you arrive at that for yourself?

Just like you know your own existence, similarly you know what is real and what is unreal when this discrimination is applied.

Select any object(gross or subtle/external or internal) in your experience. Now ask yourself this question and see what it reveals.

Am I aware of this object or is this object aware of I?

There ya go pal 9_9

- Bill Hicks

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Mikael89 So, are you arriving at such things by believing what you’re seeing / reading / hearing?  Believing the “unreal”, so to speak?

Well, I'm following a teaching, a teaching which makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, Preetom said:

Just like you know your own existence, similarly you know what is real and what is unreal when this discrimination is applied.

Select any object(gross or subtle/external or internal) in your experience. Now ask yourself this question and see what it reveals.

There ya go pal 9_9

Yes. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Preetom said:

There ya go pal 9_9

What about from you though, versus “you know....”. It’s possible that is a write off, a way to skirt.   

I’ve never experience unreal.  What was unreal like, experientially?  Or is that a duality / belief?

How are you “aware of an object”? Do you mean you are aware of seeing, hearing, etc?   

Can you explain your direct experience of an object, which is unreal?

Also what is the experience of “an object aware of I” ? 

Posted (edited)

Guys let's back up a bit.

You can become conscious that the wave is both not the ocean and the ocean simultaneously.  That is Oneness.

Oneness divides itself so that distinctions may be made.  And you can view the wave as separate from the ocean.  But simultaneously it is still the ocean.

Oneness is an Absolute that you can become directly conscious of when awakening

What is being missed here is that the wave or the world created by brahman - when it negates itself it collapses back into itself - collapses back into Brahman.  Therefore it always was Brahman even as it was being only world (or the wave if you use the wave/ocean analogy which is a good one)  

The Vendantic perspective seems to not close the Oneness gap in some weird way because when Brahman creates the world it then splits it off as something separate that now is no longer Brahman.   

Again becoming the Absolute will reveal that all is One so the the world, while separate is still Brahman and upon collapse will extract itself from Brahman leaving only Brahman.

It is splitting hairs but its an important realization to make.  Because Oneness is always Oneness even while it is dividing itself.

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, I'm following a teaching, a teaching which makes sense to me.

What about scrutinizing your direct experience, rather than accepting the words of another, which you yourself are saying is not real? Are you not simply establishing that the teaching you are following is not real?

@Inliytened1 Is the division of Oneness your experience? Could you describe it, specifically? Did you witness the division? Maybe experience doing the dividing your self?