Marina

What Is Your Morning Routine? Do You Have One?

88 posts in this topic

1. Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon
  2. Meditation
  3. A big oatmeal, fresh fruit and a cup of black coffee

I still struggle with getting up early in the morning and this totally discourages me sometimes... 

OH! HERE IS THE BEST FOOD TO START YOUR DAY WITH  -   GARLIC !    eat 1 clove every morning

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

Get up at 6 and fast till 3 pm

Every day?

I recently included Oil pulling into my routine, first thing in the morning before

drinking or eating anything, and it really helped me with my oral hygiene.

Google it, its basically cleaning your mouth with vegetable oil for like 20 min.

sounds weird at first but is very easy

Right now I just wake up and look at my phone for half an hour before I convince myself to finally get up. Lol I need a routine.

I did successfully build the habit of drinking fruit smoothies for breakfast, though! I'm glad I did but I still eat a lot of crap throughout the day.

At least I've been mostly vegetarian except for the occasional chicken and fish (hard to give up sushi!). Plus I'm lactose intolerant so dairy is not an issue (I've read it's terrible because its one of many foods that builds up mucus in your body and clogs it up..) and I've gotten sick of eggs.

Just now, Marina said:

Every day?

Get up at 6 and fast till 3 pm

Yes. I stop eating at 9pm, sleep, then wake up and fast till 3 pm. Thats 18 hours of fasting and 6 hours of food proceccing. It is called intermittent fasting. Point is that you need your blood to be focused on other things rather than just food digestion. Doing this I feel more energetic even when I haven'T eaten in a while 

If I look back 2 years ago I was not at all a morning person " it is not for me ". I would get out of the bed in a very moody way ( not a great start ,one could say )and my entire day would "suck"  but then I just fixed my daily routine made some time management ,  put my shit together and starting pointing out my priorities  (80/20) . Counting 1 year and a half  ...waking up at 4 : 45 

@Nick Yeah, I've tried skipping breakfast or eating it late and not eating after a certain time at night. I didn't know there was a name for it. BUT I've found that when I eat less I am more clear headed and have more energy. Digestion is very hard on the body. Have you read anything by Professor Arnold Ehret? I started reading the Mucusless Diet Healing System and its been really eye opening.

I agree meditation is one of the most important morning rituals. I'm still struggling with committing to it, but I've seen the results and am a work in progress. 
My morning routines are kind of specific to my personal ambitions.
I wake up in the morning, exercises for half an hour, do a walking meditation outside (as I catch the sunrise), then I play the guitar for half an hour, which then follows making a smoothie for breakfast and then half an hour of journaling. 
It's taken a long time to get to that stage and have had to eliminate distractions, such as my cell phone, television and browsing the internet. Once I shut those off for the morning, I'm better able to focus on the aforementioned. 

@Franz You should try charcoal. I got this charcoal powder toothpaste that's all natural from Amazon. It has lasted me a long time and cleans really well. It even gently whitens your teeth (which you wouldn't think because it's black powder). Vegetable oil is not good for you, man.

@Truth what kind of meditations do you do in the morning? I've been taking baby steps (as it's been difficult for me to sit down and meditate). I usually do a walking meditation as the sun is rising. But I'd also like to do some sitting down mediations. Do you have any personal advice or tips for those that are struggling with meditation and how you meditate?

@Abeo Maria Cannot agree more on the distractions! It's been almost 1.5 years since I've stopped using instgram/facebook/twitter/etc. and I can't even describe how much of actual time that has created for me, and also helped to get rid of a lot of neuroticism. In terms of aimlessly browsing the web, I've stopped that a couple of weeks ago and can already see immense results. And I don't have a tv, so that's never an issue :D

I think I really should start journaling in the morning, I keep seeing so many people mention it over and over again.

right after getting up I use to drink something warm, tea/coffee and sometimes eat a warm breakfast (cooked eggs, milk etc.). I recently discovered that my boytype prefers warm meals.

a cold shower also works for me, it helps to activate blood circulation which wakes my body up.

when the weather is nice, I prefer to include a longer walk or running to get fresh air and activate myself.

@Abeo Maria Mostly I do normal Zazen (Zen) meditation in the morning. Sit on a chair, close eyes, don't move, focus on breath and think about nothing. I find that one is rather easy to do because my mind is not so filled with stuff right after I get up.

Yes and some days, I just sit there and my mind goes complete monkey. But the point is to sit down and try to calm it down. I think of my meditation time as special "reserved" time that has to be spend meditating. Just like you reserve time to speak to a good friend of yours.

Edited by Psychonaut

12 minutes ago, shouldnt said:

@Valium warm meal then cold shower lol interesting

funny but true :D just try it out!

Not any particular order to my mornings but things they often include are: neti pot to clean sinuses. I loved it from the first second and do it every day! 

Dancing with my girlfriend. We do this like 3 mornings a week. We choose 2 super upbeat songs every time and dance like crazy, to get the heart pumping to the max in a short time. You get so much endorphins, and connect to each other, it's great!

I read my Life Purpose Me Sheet while I brush my teeth aaand I do Uddiyana bandha, a yogic technique were you massage your bowels by creating vacuum in the stomach.

And I try to keep the breakfast vegan as often as possible. 

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

1 hour ago, David :) said:

I run 6 kilometres (3,7 Miles) as fast as I can and then come home and meditate for 30 minutes. While meditating I use bineural beats. I've been using it for several weeks, I haven't seen any results yet.

Thats interesting, I always meditate before my morning workout, might have to try to switch things around.

@Marina 1.5 years with  no social media? That's pretty awesome. I still have facebook, but I only allow myself to go on the weekends. But I want to give it up altogether. It gives me anxiety and that neuroticism you mentioned. As far as journaling goes, sometimes it's as simple as writing down what I'm grateful for for the day, or sometimes it's just a random thought that enters my mind. I even consider myself journaling when I listen to the Self Actualized videoes by Leo and I just jot down certain notes and then read them back over at the end of the day. It just helps putting pen to paper.
What are some changes you've noticed in your life by giving up facebook, twitter, etc; That's been the hardest struggle for me.