Marina

What Is Your Morning Routine? Do You Have One?

88 posts in this topic

Ya boy wakes up about 6 or 6:15, drinks water, takes l theanine vitamin d magnesium and a probiotic, pees, makes coffee, reminisces on the intense dreams he had that night, drinks water with lemon, drinks coffee / takes a poo (reader should get a squatty potty if she hasn't already), takes a roughly 20 minute medium paced walk outside or on treadmill depending on weather, gets back home and drinks more water, pees, meditates for 21 minutes (for purposes of relaxation and stress management... usually a mindfulness breathing/body/mind and mantra combo... does 21 more minutes when he gets home from work), shaves unibrow, bathes himself in water cool and cleansing and as cold as possible using only soap and no shampoo or conditioner, dries off, brushes teeth, laughs about people who wear deodorant, gets dressed, combs hair, chills til 7:45, and then goes and accepts the present moment at work.

Ya boy's weekends are more flexible.  He effortlessly tries to wake up around the same time and do much of the same things, but usually wakes up closer to 9.  He also likes to read and do longer meditation, more geared towards attaining enlightenment, not that that matters or that there's really a guy trying to become enlightened?

My morning Routine starts like this: I wake up around 4:40 AM, followed by 10 min of visualization and 10 min of affirmations. After I do that, I ussualy clean my room and prepare for morning meditation (25 min of do nothing tehniq and mindfulness combined). After this routine is done, I prepare for work: shower, breakfast, etc.

Personally, Is important  to do this daily routine becouse it's giving me energy and helps me focus all day long. At begining, was hard to do it on a daily basics, my mind was rejecting it, untill I was able to be aware of the power of it. Now it's easy  and quite fun, don't wanna miss a single day.

4 hours ago, SpiritualGangsta said:

@Edwin What is the purpose of the warm water? Is it a preference? Or is there a health benefit?

It helps the body to get rid of toxins. Much better for the stomach, especially after waking up.

9 hours ago, SpiritualGangsta said:

@Edwin What is the purpose of the warm water? Is it a preference? Or is there a health benefit?

I just feel better with warm water. I think that could be explained by some way of Chinese medicine. It seems like cold drinks are not that good according to it, not so sure though:P

Edited by Edwin

I don't really wake up in the morning, I wake up around 11 or 12, but when I do, I meditate 10 to 30 minutes depending on how much time I have, then I read a bit. Make breakfast, eggs and turkey bacon sandwich. Shower, then I turn the knob all the way down and do cold showers for 30 seconds. After I gym.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 2/23/2016 at 1:36 AM, SpiritualGangsta said:

@SpiritualGangsta @Psychonaut Warm water is one of the most important things, its very simple. Cold water is just not the temperature what our body is. By throwing warm water in your body it doesn't need to do that much work. 

Remember when we were kids and we wanted that tasty ice cold looking ice cream so much, and some of us even bite in it? :| BRAIN FREEZE  

This is not healthy for our body because our organs need to react on it.  By adding warm water our body can slowly start our digestion system. specially in the morning!

I came from India and there we drank warm water out of a copper pot.  (here in western said that its bad for you often) It kills bacteria in the warm water and there are many health benefits.  But what i found is that my digestion worked very good. 

My routine :

I wake up and the first thing i do is  Pipi and make warm water. ( not in a copper bowl ;))  
While i do pipi i also start doing pranayama, this is yoga breathing exercises what is very powerfull. (belly breathing)
(Before i meditate i already drink some warm water to let the body do it work. )

15 - 20 minutes meditation  incl. visualization and self esteem. + warm water
15 - 20 minutes Yoga + warm water
Every second day some exercise after for about 10 minutes.  + warm water 

Take a apricot seed with more warm water - very powerful seed for all kinds of benefits. (but just take one!)

Breakfast:  Oatmeal with protein all kinds of nuts & fruit and a lot of cinnamon (good for my bloodsugar) 
Combine with that i drink often a green tea with a cardamom seed.   This seed is also very powerfull for digesting and more. 

Then its time to give my self some time to learn. Learn about self esteem / self improvement .  

Repeat in my head how much i love myself and my life + others 

Try to start the day fullpower! 

Edited by eurm