kieranperez

Will vs free will

26 posts in this topic

What if I, you, we have a Will? It’s not free. Yet we still have a Will? So it’s not that we don’t have Will, it’s that we don’t have free will.

Was wondering this after @Leo Gura video on the Purpose of Life and Becoming God...

I also wonder about this because you’ll notice if you ask very deeply enlightened masters, they don’t give you a single “yes” or “no”. It tends to be a “yes” and “no”. 

Edited by kieranperez

You have free will. If you did not have free will you would not be bothered about not having it. People in general and here too confuse free will with having it both ways, since they don't have something then they have no free will but wait a minute how did you know that you don't have it? Yes you don't have what you want but isn't knowing that you don't have it not enough already? If the want is yours then you surely can give it away if not then the better because you never wanted.

The answer to this is the exact same answer to the free will vs no free will debate. 

Because there is no answerer, there is no questioner. 

If there are answerers, who would you believe with such a question? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It depends on perspective.  From your perspective you have free will.  God's perspective is Absolute infinity.  It contains all possibilities and they have all played out, are playing out, and they never even happened.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Free will vs no free will is yet another duality.

The way the whole question is framed is fundamentally dualistic and silly because it assumes there is more than one entity.

If there only exists one entity/object, does it have free will or not? See? It's an absurd question because anything it is, is identical with its will. There is no other outside it that could control it. The whole notion of control breaks down because control requires two objects: a controller and the controllee. This cannot hold if nonduality is the case.

Being and Will turn out to be identical in a nondual state of consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I also wonder about this because you’ll notice if you ask very deeply enlightened masters, they don’t give you a single “yes” or “no”. It tends to be a “yes” and “no”. 

That's because questions can only arise to the sense of a separate self. AKA the separated self, AKA the dual aspect of nonduality, and so only a dual answer will suffice which is yes and no in the same instant. Because both answers are true, in that reality is both non-and dual by it's very nature. The empty mirror of consciousness and what it reflects are the same ONE...never two.

14 hours ago, kieranperez said:

What if I, you, we have a Will? It’s not free. Yet we still have a Will? So it’s not that we don’t have Will, it’s that we don’t have free will.

Was wondering this after @Leo Gura video on the Purpose of Life and Becoming God...

i=you=we have the will to be aligned. it’s not completely free as long as we follow blindly. that’s why groups or egos develop. will is not free from the beginning although it has the choice to free itself. it can learn to be a salmon. but therefore it must know the streaming direction.

don’t let someone tell you there is a wrong question as long as you find the right answer there is no wrong question although, the answer might be wrong most likely the worse a question is formulated!

there are no dumb questions only dumb answers.

Edited by now is forever

@Nahm you mean playing would be the correct replacement for becoming?

to be a god you must first decide on what god you will pray to...

Edited by now is forever

Whether you have free will is a stupid question. What are you going to do if you have or don't have free will?

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

Whether you have free will is a stupid question. What are you going to do if you have or don't have free will?

Nothing. It serves just to have a better model for reality. 

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

@now is forever You can’t become you. 

that’s not true, you are always becoming every single moment. if you wouldn’t become how could you be.

Will is the unity of desire. Free will is the result of inner conflict, seeking resolution to fragmentation.

It only seems like 'you' have free will because that is how fragmentation is experienced. With integrity there is only Will and it has you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The universe has Infinite Free Will?

Edited by CreamCat

27 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

The universe has Infinite Free Will?

the universe has infinite potential will. it’s just a matter of priorities, focus and energy if free will leads to freedom of will. but even free will is bound to reasons/causes/circumstances/conditions. unconditional is not free from conditions it is despite any condition.

Edited by now is forever

@kieranperez

Egos don't have free will, otherwise everyone would be able to make the rain fall and trees grow immediately, everyone would have infinite powers, etc... But that would lead to disasters since opposite free wills.

Only God has free will. The ego has a will, and it's not free, but rather it's bounded to God's will.

12 hours ago, CreamCat said:

In fact, it's stupid to dismiss such a question. This question has a lot of real life benefits.

11 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Nothing. It serves just to have a better model for reality. 

And a better model is not beneficial? What about Spiral Dynamics?

Edited by Truth Addict

I don’t think I really made my question that clear. I think there miscommunication on my part on what I meant or misinterpretation. Either way, if this could be closed, that’d be awesome. 

I wasn’t posing a debate on or trying to suggest that my ego has any sort of free will, which it seems that’s how it came off.

Edited by kieranperez

3 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I don’t think I really made my question that clear. I think there miscommunication on my part on what I meant or misinterpretation. Either way, if this could be closed, that’d be awesome. 

I wasn’t posing a debate on or trying to suggest that my ego has any sort of free will, which it seems that’s how it came off.

you already gave the answer, yes and no. why shouldn’t your ego have free will? even if will is conditional/predetermined it can still reach a state of maximal freedom within boundaries and create momentum. just be sure that the boundaries are set by the higher self, not the other way round.

Edited by now is forever