Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flatworld Crusades

4 guys to choose from

58 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

On point!

Those French men are truly love machines! It's not just a cultural cliché.

xDxDxD

@Flatworld Crusades

One other thing that works great, is massage.

The last date I had, after a few minutes of jokes and being a "nice asshole", I directly proposed one.
That makes the pace go pretty fast afterwards, especially if the guys take his time and starts kissing the girl neck while cuddling the base of her skull :D

Obviously the op is on the other side, but she could build up to the question, like starting a conversation about back posture, or laying down unexpectedly saying she has a bit of back pain those days, or simply directly asking after 30 minutes/an hour.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

20 minutes ago, d0ornokey said:

ikr. once i went on a date with a girl that i didnt find attractive at all and she ended up being suuper hot 

I can't tell if you're joking, but that happens too! Just a lot less often :D One learns how to spot the "fakers".

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

19 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

That one is big as a house. :D

She already has to be willing to go to the next level and wait for you to do a move toward that direction.

Please guys excuse our French here. C'est le cas de le dire. 

xDxDxD

Well she said she wanted it to go fast so ... xD

Why did you study french in USA ? This is like one of the most annoying language to learn :S

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Well she said she wanted it to go fast so ... xD

Why did you study french in USA ? This is like one of the most annoying language to learn :S

I've always been surprised how many people in the USA learn French. It seems like the logical language to learn would be Spanish, but so many people opt for French. It's a lovely language, but Spanish is so much easier to learn and more widely spoken, especially in the americas.

Good choice with guy #2. Nurses are cool. B|

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

"Toi tu aimes bien la pipe ou ?" xD xD

"Masser jusqu'à pénétration" xD xD xD xD xD 

So true though ... 9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Sitting down and trying to "feel" which guy you gravitate more towards than rationalizing it may help as well. Once you've filtered out the red flags of course! Harness that intuition whenever you can. 

35 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

So far, I've only met one American able to speak some French. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I'm crazy about California, but Spanish is much more common. The East coast is maybe more inclined to French.

The Americans I met were in California (agreed it's an amazing state), but a lot of them were coming from elite colleges, very privileged families, and yes many originated from the East coast. My hunch is that amongst this group of people, it might have been a residue of some class-ism/caste that exists in the USA. I wouldn't call my friends there racist at all, but I think they might have come from a culture that in their parent's generation looked down on Spanish as a "lower" language - a prejudice which I think in their case they have transcended.

I can kind of understand basic French but that stand up was way over my head.

Dutch seems like it wouldn't be too hard for English speakers to pick up. Not that I speak it, it just sounds a bit closer to English than any other language.

I watched a lot of movies/series in english dubbed french then dubbed english.

Then I read a lot of english websites and wikis and books, and spoke here a lot.

It's not learned through class (I was average at it) and I definitely didn't learn the rules of it and I've never been in an english country.

Tl:dr I'm a nerd ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

I watched a lot of movies/series in english dubbed french then dubbed english.

Then I read a lot of english websites and wikis and books, and spoke here a lot.

It's not learned through class (I was average at it) and I definitely didn't learn the rules of it and I've never been in an english country.

Tl:dr I'm a nerd ?

Yeah I never noticed you weren't a native english speaker until this thread, good chameleon.

I really think Spanish would have made a better lingua franca for the planet, but here we are.. 

At least english does away with gendered nouns and has simpler conjugations.

9 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

The one American guy I met who was speaking French was educated at a very famous university, near Boston ^_^. I think he'd agree with your analysis, although in his case he might have chosen it for the literature. But anyway, if that's the case, it's well transcended as well.

I find that those Boston Colleges are breading high Green, wonderful humans nowadays. ;)

Yes, a lot of those people went to the Very Famous University near Boston, and the Very Famous Technology School near there. haha.

Funny how this discussion has veered lol sorry @Flatworld Crusades, interesting though.

8 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Yeah I never noticed you weren't a native english speaker until this thread, good chameleon.

I think that comes from the fact that many people don't speak their own language well enough.

Those who learn an another language seriously tends to be more eloquent because they really care about getting understood.

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

I think that comes from the fact that many people don't speak their own language well enough.

Those who learn an another language seriously tends to be more eloquent because they really care about getting understood.

Also because when you speak in a second language, you are coming in with a different way of using that language, vs. a native speaker - because of influence from your mother tongue, or other languages, or quirky vocabulary that you've picked up during learning the new language. So to native speakers it can look very fresh and interesting. 

I became decent at Portuguese for a while, and people often thought I was really well studied at it. But it was mostly an illusion because I was directly converting words and structure from English, Spanish, French and ended up using vocabulary that's rare in Portuguese. This made me sound more eloquent, but it was really just the product of me squeezing expression out of my particular limited resources.

Another factor is that when using a non-mother tongue, the words come out more slowly, and this buys more time to build a thoughtful sentence.

@Flatworld Crusades

Take time to get to know as a person whichever guy you pick. You don't want to end up with a STD or worst yet killed by a random psychopath from online dating site. I know it sounds obvious, but things like that happen all the time, so proceed with caution.

21 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Funny how this discussion has veered lol sorry @Flatworld Crusades, interesting though.

You hijack away! It's s great conversation .

This is interesting. 

Bloody bi-/multi-lingual people!

Always so intuitive and intelligent ? ? 

im nothing but a jock wannabe nerd ?

Edited by DrewNows

I could never learn a new language even growing up in the south west us with 60% Hispanics in my school and many Mexican friends I’ve never been able to fluidly speak it 

it’s a cultural barrier supporting my ignorance 

but that’s okay cuz here we all like to feel entitled ?

Edited by DrewNows

51 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@Flatworld Crusades

Take time to get to know as a person whichever guy you pick. You don't want to end up with a STD or worst yet killed by a random psychopath from online dating site. I know it sounds obvious, but things like that happen all the time, so proceed with caution.

Thanks Natasha that's very logical and safe advice.

Don't listen to Natasha

Bring 3 bottles ??

God is love

And God in them