Bestyle2209

Why does enlightenment requires hard work?

25 posts in this topic

Me and my girlfried always have the discussion of actualized.org vs. Teal Swan. Whereas Leo is convinced, like many other spiritual seekers, that getting enlightened is hard work, my girlfriend always says that he chose that it's hard. Could the belief of thinking that it's hard work make it harder? For her, a lot of spiritual experiences are just flowing to her, despite her not really training a lot for it. She max. meditates 30 minutes per day.
Thanks in advance. I am really grateful that I found this community.

1 minute ago, Bestyle2209 said:

Me and my girlfried always have the discussion of actualized.org vs. Teal Swan. Whereas Leo is convinced, like many other spiritual seekers, that getting enlightened is hard work, my girlfriend always says that he chose that it's hard. Could the belief of thinking that it's hard work make it harder? For her, a lot of spiritual experiences are just flowing to her, despite her not really training a lot for it. She max. meditates 30 minutes per day.

It's both true and not depending on how you look at it.

It's hard work because for some people that are so stuck in their head, they need to suffer and practice a lot to finally be able to be present and flowing with life.
It's easy work once you are able to flow with life and live in the present moment.

That being said, for some people, even if they are able to flow and be present, they still need to self-inquire a lot (or other practices), for others they don't need to do anything.
Most people are probably in between those two.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Bestyle2209 Tell her to try doing a 30 day solo retreat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Its hard because youre an addict. Youre addicted to thoughts, love, power, control, ego, technology, laziness, etc etc

Now imagine detoxing from that, worse than any drug. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It depends on the kind of life you have lived.

If you have lived a very fast-paced life, with lots stimulation, etc it is very hard to not fall again and again during your spiritual road into the desires, hopes, and traps of the mind. 

Apart from that,I think there´s difference in each brain/sould/body and depending who you are, you will be more "prone" to awaken, or not. But the first point is very important. Difficult to awaken if when you get into daily life you have 100 desires and goals, lots of trips with friends, etc. So basically what the 90% of modern world is now designed.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Its hard because youre an addict. Youre addicted to thoughts, love, power, control, ego, technology, laziness, etc etc

quite funny to read from you modafidog

21 minutes ago, Aeris said:

quite funny to read from you modafidog

hahahahahahah 

im eating my own dogfood

Edited by Rilles

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

@Rilles @Leo Gura  thanks for your replies. Why do you need to get rid of all your addictions? Why do you need to be able to do a 30 day solo retreat? Why is that a step closer to enlightenment? I actually love being addicted to feeling certain emotions. when god seperated itself to discover itself, why shouldn't we live out the human experience then? Why do we need to detach from everything that makes us human to connect with god? It makes me sad.  

13 minutes ago, Bestyle2209 said:

@Rilles @Leo Gura  thanks for your replies. Why do you need to get rid of all your addictions? 

You dont need to get rid of them. You need to manage them. How are you gonna meditate by yourself for 10 days if youre addicted to love? How are you gonna be alone? How are you gonna focus if youre addicted to thinking? See the problem? I suggest you try doing 2hr Strong Determination Sitting and youll understand very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Bestyle2209 said:

For most people it requires hard work to see through the ego-fog and have breakthroughs (especially the first few times), only to see when "it happens", that it didn't have to require much work at all. The belief that it requires hard work, could be a hindrance to some, yet again, most people need to go through all that hard work to reach that point of realization. 

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

It is a joke, bloody joke. Best joke ever ?

that way to justify your own misery

there is no joke, it's very serious work, it never ends, so you'll be better starting now

@Aeris i think that's what Zero meant, but there is no telling with him :)

Love u zero!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Rilles you mean addiction robs me of my freedom of actions which in turn robs me off my ability to do stuff that makes me happy. Get it. I confused not being addicted to something with abstaining from it. In general I believe that getting rid of addicitons makes you being able to get "addicted" to usually less dopamine and serotonine eliciting actions like breathing or being out in nature or doing mundaine stuff. So I'm on your side with that. 

@Inliytened1 no I am not aware of god. thanks for making me aware of my position from where I can't judge these questions appropriately. On the other hand, please don't confuse my questions for lack of willingness to work hard.
I'm still wondering whether the belief that enlightenment work is hard work and takes long might be a hindrance. 

Thank you for all your replies. 

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

This

43 minutes ago, Aeris said:

that way to justify your own misery

there is no joke, it's very serious work, it never ends, so you'll be better starting now

It's a joke too. Don't be afraid to have a laugh. The only thing afraid to do that is the ego.