Preetom

Leo Gura is creating a modern Religion - knowingly or unknowingly

173 posts in this topic

I like Leo's teaching since it feels more to me like a modern version or a secular approach towards spirituality, which combines knowledge from religion, mysticism, philosophy, psychology, etc.

Also, that it is not based on belief, yet more oriented towards a practical approach on how to achieve ones "goal" in spirituality. While presenting a large spectrum of different approaches, on how to get there.

It feels like I have been chartered to an unbelievable journey, where I am privileged to meet and enjoy peoples company while learning at the same time from them.

While learning to appreciate being and isness of how things are while being aware of the limitations of language.

Also, that it is global, it is not presented to a dogmatic audience preaching Jesus is our only savior, you are all wrong for not worshipping Jesus, while also not only teaching theory. 

Theory turns into practice and knowledge, while practice generates insights which generate knowledge. While also combining aspects such as how to maintain and create a sustainable business, mastery, creative expressions art, writing etc. The whole self-actualization spectrum.

Also, being made aware of pitfalls on the path + creating an online community where people can share. The only thing I can find is somewhat similar is Quora. 

I like it because I feel I am not being presented some bull crap, that is highly egoic and self-centered. Yet, aims to transcend self and limitations and how to go about that, for instance, creating an infrastructure. The advice I would receive from friends and family is mostly around safety, yet this is a highly strategical approach towards creating living conditions that can create fulfillment. 

I never thought so many non-dual teachers existed and how interconnected and interwoven everything is and seems to be. Anyway, this is my stance/standpoint.

+ Freedom! 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

Leo Gura understood and explained all of reality

No, no! I disagree with a lot of what Leo said in his recent video. For example I do NOT believe that we live through all experiences. Time always moves forward and in a single timeline. Yesterday will never be experienced again, by anybody. And so on, a lot things I disagree with, so it's at least not a religion I follow.

@ValiantSalvatore I'm just doing an experimental test here for my own projections of reality but 

salvatore, do you understand that your actually a crazy, purely insane lol compared to 99.3/99.4% of the population? 

i only recently became aware of this by understanding how small of a percentage our viewpoints are, so i'm wondering if other non enlightened beings are able to comprehend this. 

anyone is free to reply, it took me 2 years to realise the magnitude of imagining the viewpoints of 3.5 million people out of 7 billion people and its very healthy for people to understand

Edited by Aakash

@Anderz

You disagree...until you dont anymore.

Ta DA! ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

You disagree...until you dont anymore.

We will see. Ha ha. I even disagree with Albert Einstein.

@ValiantSalvatore this is exactly my point,  @Anderz you are a sane individual lol, you are 100% right and completely not bat-shit crazy, leo is bat-shit crazy :) 

your arguments are based on facts and things you know that are 100% true! 

leo is just jerking off to imagination, just like anyone else who is on this forum ahaha 

congrats you tell leo whats right! 

(p.s i'm being sarcastic and projecting, but you are wrong and your right ) 

When you really have it, you don't need it.  This applies to Enlightenment theory.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

When you really have it, you don't need it.

More accurately, you don't feel the need when its there. Its significance is only felt when it is absent.

For example our teeth. Eeeeeeee :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Joseph Maynor out of curiosity- what happens when you actually do have it lol 

have you ever considered that? 

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor out of curiosity- what happens when you actually do have it lol 

have you ever considered that? 

When you have it, you go live your life.  You're not white-knuckle clinging to any story about it anymore.  If you're white-knuckle clinging to a story about Enlightenment, you ain't got it yet.  This is just my opinion.  Do what you want to do.  If you wanna create and white-knuckle cling to a religion about Enlightenment, have at it.  That's what you gotta do.  Somehow that's serving you and your growth.  So, do it.  Do it with gusto!  See where it takes you.  You don't know.  That's why we call it the Path.  You gotta walk your own Path to peace in this life whatever that is for you.  We're all different.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor but i'm not talking about enlightenment here 

i'm talking about god and understanding god to the best of which words can describe god 

what happens when you actually get it right lol? 

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor but i'm not talking about enlightenment here 

i'm talking about god and understanding god to the best of which words can describe god 

what happens when you actually get it right lol? 

Yeah, I don't believe in God in any way, shape, or form.  To me that's just metaphysical storytelling that some people need to do for whatever reason.  And I support them doing that.  You don't want to hinder people from doing what they need to do.  So, I say, go for it.  See where it leads you.  See what you can learn from it in your life.  I was religious earlier on in my life, so I can't say I'd be where I am now if I didn't go through that religious phase.  For some reason I needed to do that, and I did, and I'm proud of it.  But it's not where I am now on my path.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

What happens when you actually get it right?

You will have a nice story to tell and reminisce about.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

You will have a nice story to tell and reminisce about.

A nice story to distract yourself with lol.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  I promise I'm open to religion and I encourage people to pursue religion if they feel that's what they need to do.  Just stay mindful and see what you get out of it.  If you grow out of it, so be it.  That's what you need to do too.  Just take the good and leave the bad from everything you do in life.  That's how you become wise by integrating pros and leaving cons behind of all your amusements while you're here.  Don't stress yourself out too much though -- you too will not outrun the reaper.  Enjoy yourself while you're here.  Be kind to your heart by not running ragged all the time like an insecure monkey.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Aakash Never seems to amaze me how many people the 0.7 or 0.6 people are who are similar to me or vice-versa.

My upbringing has made me look so different at reality, it never ceases to amaze. That I am different and how many people are different. One thing I definitely know is regardless of how many people are around me that this path has to be walked alone, which I am being made aware of more and more since I can't join a community which would support this endeavor atm. 

I love to connect to people, after taking the LP even if this does not seem like it the highest value I valued was love.

I am very idealistic about such things. Yet, I know that this will depend on my spiritual growth, reality or perception. (Becoming one with the unmanifest, manifest, sentient etc.)

I still find it amazing that most of the religious people would add up to the 0.7 or 0.6 percent of people. I struggle more with everyday life than with spiritual growth. Since..... basically you need to sit down and put in the hours, the same with every other skill. Yet, having a map certainly helps. I am still stuck in the forest while having glimpses outside of the forest at least weekly. 

It's very unique that someone documents his process of becoming enlightened on a public medium or channel, this is simply amazing lol. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

For instance what actualized.org + ressource from booklist etc. made me aware of is that.

- I am attached to my biographical story

- I keep solidifying that story based on the stories I keep telling myself and others, which reinforces the biographical and or autobiographical story.

- It is inevitable to not tell one's story to others, to a degree.

- I have no idea what non-duality is or stages above coral I assume.

- I am still identified with my body
- I am still identified with my mind 
- Cults exist
- Path ultimately depends on you

+ A lot more theory which I certainly will catch up to, in given time...

@Joseph Maynor your right the word is too loaded, but my point is leo hit it straight on the head, it covers all viewpoints lol 

but if its true what you get left with is what @Truth Addict  said 

you get left with the story and the message you will always carry over is 

what is the point of life, that you will translate to someone else 

its always going to happen and its always going to be percieved as religious until everyone in the world becomes enlightened in the far future and the kaligua ends 

there will be a point where someone is right, its too naive to say when you think you have it, you don't because the true answer will carry all possible answers and therefore can't be wrong, the point where it happens is inevitable 

@ValiantSalvatore but do you understand that what you said right here: 

6 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I am attached to my biographical story

- I keep solidifying that story based on the stories I keep telling myself and others, which reinforces the biographical and or autobiographical story.

- It is inevitable to not tell one's story to others, to a degree.

- I have no idea what non-duality is or stages above coral I assume.

- I am still identified with my body
- I am still identified with my mind 
- Cults exist
- Path ultimately depends on you

is crazy talk, like are you aware of that 

that its not normal to think like this?

9 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor your right the word is too loaded, but my point is leo hit it straight on the head, it covers all viewpoints lol 

but if its true what you get left with is what @Truth Addict  said 

you get left with the story and the message you will always carry over is 

what is the point of life, that you will translate to someone else 

its always going to happen and its always going to be percieved as religious until everyone in the world becomes enlightened in the far future and the kaligua ends 

there will be a point where someone is right, its too naive to say when you think you have it, you don't because the true answer will carry all possible answers and therefore can't be wrong, the point where it happens is inevitable 

At the end of the day all you really have is your life.  Go live it.  Don't sit around and talk about it.  Go do it!  You only live once.  Don't waste what little time you have talking too much about living.  Go live living.  Get out there and explore.  Life is not to be lived in the books.  That's the real tragedy right there.  Of course you do need to read too I'm not suggesting people not read.  But go live!  Get out of the story.  There are things for you to be doing and experiencing outside of the four-corners of your mind-space.

Edited by Joseph Maynor